• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Steelers

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then we will be playing the Browns in the playoffs. No way do they lose to anyone in the AFC South if they can keep doing what they've been doing. Lamar can absolutely not afford to lose that game or we'll hear all the Flacco apologists come out in full force
I'm not afraid of Flacco .I think we absolutely know how to play him. I think it would be like a lot of his games against the Bengals when he played with us. Thats means plenty of picks .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would rather play Flacco than Josh Allen. Allen is mobile and if he gets hot he can definitely be a problem.
I'm not sure who I'd rather play. Flacco is hot and they have a very good defense, but it's not like they have played many good teams outside of the Jaguars with an injured Lawrence, although he was playing. Allen on the other hand is more mobile like you say and can get hot. The Bills defense isn't as good as the Browns. I could go either way and think we will take care of business each way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean OK, but a) that's not easy to do, and very few teams have and b) that only captures what they do offensively. You'll still need to score points against that defense, which isn't easy to do either.
I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying we will be able to completely stop them either. Just should be a focus. Njoku is a beast and Cooper is a tremendous route runner. He always has been.

We have scored against them both times we have played them. Cleveland allows high 20s when they play away and I'm not taking anything away from that defense. Absolutely a very good defense.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think you can balance it, but for the most part, you favor rest. Everybody thinks it won't happen to them, and its not exactly apples to apples, but Bradley Chubb tore his ACL out on the field playing in a game where his team was down 30 with like 4 minutes left.
We don't have enough bodies where we can sit 22 starters realistically, but most of your key/critical guys are going to be limited or out for the majority of the game.

If we're healthier and come out flat, so be it. There's nobody who can advocate for us playing everybody all game long, because you'll still have a week off regardless.
I’ll take it a step further and say the rust argument is nonsense. We have players every year who miss 2-3 games in a row, or the game before the bye and come back looking great.

Therefore, how can we say that recovering from injury doesn’t cause rust but being able to fully participate in practice does?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If it was that easy every one would do it. You might as well say just sack him on every play.
am I saying you will be able to stop them every play. just a focus is all, don't take my words out of context.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah the blueprint should be to stop Njoku and Cooper and the run game but the harder part and why they have been successful is more on their defense and especially Newsome, Ward, Garrett

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah the blueprint should be to stop Njoku and Cooper and the run game but the harder part and why they have been successful is more on their defense and especially Newsome, Ward, Garrett
who would you rather play in the divisional round or any round for that matter? Bills or Browns?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll take it a step further and say the rust argument is nonsense. We have players every year who miss 2-3 games in a row, or the game before the bye and come back looking great.

Therefore, how can we say that recovering from injury doesn’t cause rust but being able to fully participate in practice does?
I think its a factor, but not a huge factor. I think if your team can't show up prepared to execute with a two week break (technically three weeks from gameday), then you're just not the team that's good enough to win a SB.

Many one seeds have clinched early. Many have had lengthy absences. Many have played very well in the playoffs.

Besides, several of our "key players" are battling injuries anyway. Flowers, OBJ, Hamilton, Marlon, Stephens, Zeitler. All of those guys either missed the last game due to injury, got injured in-game, or are clearly playing through injuries later in the year. Marcus Williams continues to play hurt. Can put Stanley on that list too.

There's no argument that those guys should be out there on Saturday. Players that have injuries should be rested 100% of the time.

The argument pretty much begins and ends with Lamar. Should he play, and how long should he play. And I think anything more than a quarter is pure lunacy, and am completely fine with zero time at all.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
who would you rather play in the divisional round or any round for that matter? Bills or Browns?
Me personally, the Bills.

But I've finally gotten to the point where I just don't care. It's the playoffs. Whoever we play is going to be good, and whoever we play is certainly capable of beating us. And we're certainly capable of throttling them. It'll just come down to execution.

We've proven we can beat Miami, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Houston. I think every single person knows we can beat Pittsburgh and Indy. That just leaves Buffalo and KC, and we can't possibly see KC until the AFCG.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think its a factor, but not a huge factor. I think if your team can't show up prepared to execute with a two week break (technically three weeks from gameday), then you're just not the team that's good enough to win a SB.

Many one seeds have clinched early. Many have had lengthy absences. Many have played very well in the playoffs.

Besides, several of our "key players" are battling injuries anyway. Flowers, OBJ, Hamilton, Marlon, Stephens, Zeitler. All of those guys either missed the last game due to injury, got injured in-game, or are clearly playing through injuries later in the year. Marcus Williams continues to play hurt. Can put Stanley on that list too.

There's no argument that those guys should be out there on Saturday. Players that have injuries should be rested 100% of the time.

The argument pretty much begins and ends with Lamar. Should he play, and how long should he play. And I think anything more than a quarter is pure lunacy, and am completely fine with zero time at all.
add in Moses who is playing through a labrum tear and the rest should be very beneficial

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would not even consider putting him out there for a quarter. 3/5 of the offensive line are not going to play because they are going to resting to get healthy. As you point out neither OBJ nor Flowers are likely to play. So what exactly would you be putting out Lamar to do? All of the key pieces on offense are going to be getting rest.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not afraid of Flacco .I think we absolutely know how to play him. I think it would be like a lot of his games against the Bengals when he played with us. Thats means plenty of picks .

Didn't say I was afraid of them, we can absolutely beat them. But if for some dumb chance Flacco looks like 2012 playoff Flacco, and Lamar looks bad, then those who love Flacco and for some stupid reason hate Lamar will have a field day. Even if we do win.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't say I was afraid of them, we can absolutely beat them. But if for some dumb chance Flacco looks like 2012 playoff Flacco, and Lamar looks bad, then those who love Flacco and for some stupid reason hate Lamar will have a field day. Even if we do win.
... I doubt we will play the Browns Until AFCCG perhaps, and then if we lose there, well You can't really Complain