• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Video Game Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I stopped playing Pokemon games after Black/White, but now I'm thinking I may need to borrow my brother's Switch so I can try the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@SepticeyePoe Great game. Reviews have scared me off from playing the 2nd one. The PS exclusives are fire. If you get a chance should try Spider-Man.

the last of us part 2 is one of the most harrowing narratives ive ever come across - it's visceral, heart-breaking and amazing... and surprising

i think the way it's structured made some people find it difficult in some places to continue but it's incredibly rewarding and where the first game left me questioning, the 2nd left me completely and utterly emotionally devastated

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 Probably end up getting it when it's on sale. Thanks.

i think some of the reviews were more mixed because it wasnt what some people expected and on a thematic level you could make it seem simplistic

but there are probably just as many moments in part 2 as in part 1 where it literally felt like a gut-punch

no need to rush on it lol - but would definitely recommend getting to it at some point

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I can get a XBOX Series X right now with XBOX All Access at a low price of $34.99 a month, 0% APR for 24 months which includes the console and two years of Game Pass Ultimate. Or do I wait for the PS5?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I can get a XBOX Series X right now with XBOX All Access at a low price of $34.99 a month, 0% APR for 24 months which includes the console and two years of Game Pass Ultimate. Or do I wait for the PS5?

If you like the xbox exclusives game pass ultimate is a great deal. Get all the games on release and basically their whole collection. Not sure what all access is.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just a heads up- if you're a Gamestop Pro member ($20 for a year), they send out invites for PS5 and XBOX drops periodically.

I got a PS5 myself, but there aren't many super notable PS exclusive games, yet. Of course, XBOX will be getting Elden Ring here soon.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If you like the xbox exclusives game pass ultimate is a great deal. Get all the games on release and basically their whole collection. Not sure what all access is.
Bro, Game Pass Ultimate is literally the best gaming deal in the game right now. The value is insane.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I hope this is true and Sony is adding or making a new PS5 with PS3, PS2 and PS1 compatability. I imagine they can't add it to existing consoles through a update so likely a PS5 Pro that is fully compatible with older games to finally compete with Microsoft's Game Pass.

I'm going to imagine their plan is the Siny equivalent of game pass that is coming in June.