• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2024

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Could this be the surprise NFC East firing or are we sure it's McCarthy once the Cowboys lose in the playoffs again?
I would have fired Daboll and never given Daniel Jones that big contract. Not far behind the Jet's in the screw up dept.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something is up inside the Titans organization. Just listening to former Titans OT Taylor Lewan.... he even seems to be caught off guard by it. He even went as far as saying that the guys he talks to, Vrabel was not the problem.

It's a bit surprising, but if you stack it all together, it's probably not. We know the following:
a) they fired their GM in December last year, after he effectively lost a power struggle with Vrabel. That was well documented
b) they hired a new GM, and its been pretty clear since day one that he and Vrabel weren't on the same page in terms of where they want the organization to go
c) Vrabel is 13-23 the last two years, hasn't won a playoff game since 2019. They lost seven straight games to finish last year, and prior to this weekends game, they had lost 8 straight division games.
d) they're effectively going to have a new QB next season (Levis), will be moving off Henry almost certainly.

So basically, declining team, new GM, new QB, with a possible desire to change the style of play they're accustomed to. Couple that with winning a power struggle over your GM last year and then posting a 6-11 season this year, and that'll get you at least discussed as being potentially fired.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If there's any truth to what they're saying about Tomlin possibly "stepping away," I really don't want to see Vrabel in Pittsburgh.
Not sure those reports accurate, nor do I think Tomlin would step away this year. I think he still has one more year on his contract, so I think the sentiment was he may opt to not sign an extension.

Those a HC coaching in a "lame duck" season with no job security beyond that year is very rare. Can't say I've heard of it happening.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Titans stomped on our logo. That was the beginning of their end.

This was the end.

1704834672477.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Could this be the surprise NFC East firing or are we sure it's McCarthy once the Cowboys lose in the playoffs again?
not so sure they are going to lose in the playoffs, at home, vs the Packers DC Joe Barry.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Monken stays but Weaver and MacDonald are as good as gone.

I hate to see any of these coaches leave but it goes to show just how respected the Ravens organization is.

I'm pretty proud of that being a big Ravens fan.

Simba

Staff Member
I think Monken stays but Weaver and MacDonald are as good as gone.

I hate to see any of these coaches leave but it goes to show just how respected the Ravens organization is.

I'm pretty proud of that being a big Ravens fan.
Would highly doubt Weaver gets a HC job just yet. If Mikey Macs is gone, he's probably the favorite to take over the DC role.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He could very well get there at some point. Just not normal for a defensive position coach to make that leap in the current climate at least.

He has at least been AHC for Harbs and a team that’s looking for something fresh but with some relevant experience might look Weaver’s way

Would be a similar story to when Culley got hired

Not saying it’s likely but stranger hirings have happened

Simba

Staff Member
He has at least been AHC for Harbs and a team that’s looking for something fresh but with some relevant experience might look Weaver’s way

Would be a similar story to when Culley got hired

Not saying it’s likely but stranger hirings have happened
Yeah certainly not impossible. Just more on the unlikely side of things. But all he has to do is wow in an interview.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He may be a better fit there, but I don't think he's right for the Giants
he may not be, but it's not like he has the best QBs on hand and I'm not a fan of Wink as a defensive coordinator. I think they should get new coordinators and give him one more year.