• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

Tank

Hall of Famer
I am pumped! I am so happy that it is the first playoff game of the weekend! I want to get right down to business and get this game done!

on a side note, I love Lamar, he is such a likable guy, but I have to admit, I am starting to become a little bit of a CJ Stroud fan. I love the way he is devoted to his faith and he is not afraid to talk about it in all his interviews. He seems like a really cool young man. With that said, I hope he throws a few pick sixes and INTs on Saturda. Go Ravens.
Good that he's a God fearing man. He'll need his faith to lean on after the butt whoopin' he's going to get Saturday.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Should be a fun one. The early line is Ravens 9.5 point favorite. That will tighten up as the week goes on but we are the early (heavy) favorite, as we should be. We are the better team. Talent all over the field, on both sides of the ball, and we’re playing in our yard. Two very good coordinators. If the Texan had any edge it would be on ST’s. Having said all that, there’s that old
Cliche……you know the one.

GO RAVENS!!!
9.5 is a bit much. I’m guessing that lowers through out the week as people take the Texans and the points

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree about manipulating statistics but on the road and top 10 defense and their effectiveness shouldn’t necessarily be separated. Home field advantage is going to help augment the pass defense
This would be true but a cursory look (I lined up the home and road games and the passing numbers) does not show me any real difference between how the Ravens defense does at home versus away. In some ways you could argue the worst defensive performances of the year, such as the Rams game, are at home. Similarly there is not really anything interesting in the Houston numbers, outside of splitting the first half of their games and the second, so that offense seems to travel fine. It is only when you combine both those metrics that you have a data point of conversation because you have shrunk the data, and eliminated counter examples, to make that happen.

gwallaia

Practice Squad
Hello from Houston.
As a Texan fan, I had predicted 5 wins before the season started. Winning the division and advancing past the wild card round was never expected but here we are.

As a rookie, I've been impressed with CJ Stroud's maturity, leadership and his no-panic awareness in the pocket. I still believe we are a few building blocks away from being a real threat but this team is way ahead of schedule.

Looking forward to the game Saturday.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah they would be so hard to beat twice. Would literally love to play GB if they go on a magical run. Think we would be able to handle Detroit pretty easy. Have no faith in Tampa.
I have no faith in any of them outside of niners.. if lions can score every drive vs niners, they might have a chance

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Hello from Houston.
As a Texan fan, I had predicted 5 wins before the season started. Winning the division and advancing past the wild card round was never expected but here we are.

As a rookie, I've been impressed with CJ Stroud's maturity, leadership and his no-panic awareness in the pocket. I still believe we are a few building blocks away from being a real threat but this team is way ahead of schedule.

You got one in Stroud and that's usually the toughest part. Ryan's going to be a great coach. Solid foundation for the future.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stroud can do the thing that MacDonald's defense has most trouble with - pass accurately to WRs on the outside. He had some success doing it in Week 1. The Colts hurt us with it, so did Stafford and even the Steelers the first time. Luckily, Stephens and Marlon have improved as the season has gone on.

Houston has found a running game (our other defensive weak point) but I don't think slow Singletary is the type of RB we really struggle against. He's not going to get to the outside and gash us too often.

I don't want to get too high based on the last few games - it isn't so long ago that the Jags dominated both lines of scrimmage and we only won due to some Lamar heroics - but I think we should win.

Every home team has had been on the right side of the refs' decisions so far in the playoffs. Any chance that continues next week?
Actually been wondering if the refs have been announced yet, we really don’t want Hocoli’s son

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hello from Houston.

Stroud is amazing. We knew it game one of the season. He played very well.

Watson WHO??

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So it begins with this bullshit

Wow, you know I knew there’d be some “analysts” picking the upset but for him to say we’re the Cowboys of the AFC and he never feels confident in us. Good, the team knows they’ll have the doubters until the clock hits 0 in the Super Bowl, but god damn is it still annoying as ever. The way this guy trashed Lamar and didn’t even acknowledge how great of a season we had just pissed me off, he’s a dumbass anyway and has sucked picking games. I beat him by 20 games picking ATS lmao

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Actually been wondering if the refs have been announced yet, we really don’t want Hocoli’s son
Ref Assignments for Divisional Round:

HOU @ BAL - John Hussey
GB @ SF - Alex Kemp
TB @ DET - Bill Vinovich
KC @ BUF - Shawn Hochuli

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I really don't understand betting. How can any team be -9 (us) or -10 (SF) favourite in a divisional round? Particularly after what happened in a WC games.