• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

Simba

Staff Member
doesnt stop me having lots of nerves still...

Ditto. The dread has been creeping in more and more since yesterday.
I think there’s nerves in any win or go home situation. I feel it too. But I keep hanging my hat on the fact that if we come out prepared and able to execute, no one should be able to beat us. We’ve proven that in our end of year gauntlet and we have a chance to continue proving that.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlo dropping another podcast episode even though he isn’t playing kind of irks me. Bro needs to hush it if he ain’t playing

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlo dropping another podcast episode even though he isn’t playing kind of irks me. Bro needs to hush it if he ain’t playing

Did you just tell him to shut up and dribble??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lmao

JAAM

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did you just tell him to shut up and dribble??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lmao
One thing has nothing to do with the other. His calf doesn't speak man!
Marlo is going to do a live stream play by play during the game . Then we’ll all be mad, but I’d still listen to it

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think there’s nerves in any win or go home situation. I feel it too. But I keep hanging my hat on the fact that if we come out prepared and able to execute, no one should be able to beat us. We’ve proven that in our end of year gauntlet and we have a chance to continue proving that.
For me, it's the fact that we had a first-round BYE. Had we played and won in Wild Card Weekend, I'd feel somewhat better but still nervous. To your point, I remember seeing something about Lamar studying Texans game film the moment it was confirmed we were playing them.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That and you still have all the old heads (looking at you Bill Polian) saying the way to beat Lamar is to keep him in the pocket like he ain’t been dicing defenses up from there the majority of the season. Bad takes are bad.
Well, Lamar is a lot better passer. However, the way to beat Lamar is absolutely to keep him in the pocket. Lamar running is a nightmare for teams, and Lamar scrambling outside the pocket and making off-script plays is pretty much what's going to win him the MVP award. Nobody in the league does that better than him.

Keeping him in the pocket doesn't mean you'll beat him. That's why his record is what it is. But the very last thing you want as a defense is Lamar making plays off-script. Your entire defensive scheme, regardless of what it is, basically falls apart the moment he leaves the pocket.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love that people's expectations are from playoff games 3 or more years ago like Lamar has stayed the same. I've been way too humble to this point now fuck it. Ravens by 14+.
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

I have mild nerves about what happens if things don't go well early, but end of the day, I think we largely pound this team. Texans are good, but there's a wide talent gap between these two teams today.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You haven't been told that by literally anybody.
He is 100% Dak if he loses tomorrow, however. And especially if he loses tomorrow and doesn't play well.
Yea no he’s not lol, not even close win or lose. But I’ll let you die on that strange hill

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea no he’s not lol, not even close win or lose. But I’ll let you die on that strange hill
Says the guy who thinks the Texans have more pressure than the Ravens. If I paid you a million dollars and gave you a year to conjure up an argument, you wouldn't be able to sell it to a even the biggest Texans homer that's true.

I live in reality, you live in some fictitious space where people care about regular season accomplishments.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, Lamar is a lot better passer. However, the way to beat Lamar is absolutely to keep him in the pocket. Lamar running is a nightmare for teams, and Lamar scrambling outside the pocket and making off-script plays is pretty much what's going to win him the MVP award. Nobody in the league does that better than him.

Keeping him in the pocket doesn't mean you'll beat him. That's why his record is what it is. But the very last thing you want as a defense is Lamar making plays off-script. Your entire defensive scheme, regardless of what it is, basically falls apart the moment he leaves the pocket.
easier said than done. It's not a revelation for Polian to say that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
easier said than done. It's not a revelation for Polian to say that.
I agree. Just pointing out that he's getting crucified for saying something that 31 NFL DCs are also thinking. People think he's suggesting Lamar can't throw. Those people are wrong.

Lane integrity on the outside, interior pressure up the middle. Everybody knows what to do. They just can't consistently do it.