• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Texans (Divisional Round)

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Well, Lamar is a lot better passer. However, the way to beat Lamar is absolutely to keep him in the pocket. Lamar running is a nightmare for teams, and Lamar scrambling outside the pocket and making off-script plays is pretty much what's going to win him the MVP award. Nobody in the league does that better than him.
That's actually not true the best way to beat lamar is simply make you beat him deep and take your chances, he can beat you in the pocket at this point, but his deep ball isn't the best which seems like what the rams/cardinals were doing

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's actually not true the best way to beat lamar is simply make you beat him deep and take your chances, he can beat you in the pocket at this point, but his deep ball isn't the best which seems like what the rams/cardinals were doing
Its going to be cold and VERY WINDY tomorrow after this big snowstorm today. Im not sure the long ball will work for either team that well. it's been snowing all day.

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
I’ve learned that apparently this Dan Chisena guy played WR and DB (primarily S) in Minnesota so maybe he’s the deep deep depth lol

Got no idea who he is but it smells like the Ravens are feeling healthy enough to carry an extra ST ace or two. ST will be bigly important if they hang with us.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I still can't see how media justify their criticism of this team like they haven't proven to be a juggernaut. I love it though.
I’ve learned that apparently this Dan Chisena guy played WR and DB (primarily S) in Minnesota so maybe he’s the deep deep depth lol

Madden god for his speed, but never knew he played db.

Simba

Staff Member
I still can't see how media justify their criticism of this team like they haven't proven to be a juggernaut. I love it though.

Madden god for his speed, but never knew he played db.
Literally never heard of him before we signed him which meant I needed to go on a research mission

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think there’s nerves in any win or go home situation. I feel it too. But I keep hanging my hat on the fact that if we come out prepared and able to execute, no one should be able to beat us. We’ve proven that in our end of year gauntlet and we have a chance to continue proving that.

it's just that 2019 thing lingering
ill obviously be nervous before a championship game/superbowl but the divisional round just has so many extra layers of pressure right now

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's just that 2019 thing lingering
ill obviously be nervous before a championship game/superbowl but the divisional round just has so many extra layers of pressure right now
I'm mentally at a point where I'm nervous (but expecting a win) tomorrow, but I feel like to a certain extent we're freerolling in the AFCG. I won't be that hurt if we lost it.

Of course we're also clearly the best team in the league, and we're going to be favored in every game we play from here on out.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its going to be cold and VERY WINDY tomorrow after this big snowstorm today. Im not sure the long ball will work for either team that well. it's been snowing all day.
Don't think the wind is as big of a factor as you make it out to be. 10-20 mph winds, and it's supposed to decline as we get later in the day.

If you look at the historical studies, kicking becomes a problem at 20+ mph winds, and passing doesn't really see a huge drop off until about 15mph sustained winds.

So yes, I think it'll impact deep balls or particularly long throws, but I don't think it'll be a huge factor.