• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
A decimated Dolphins team playing in sub-zero weather and a depleted Buffalo team that lost the game because of QB's lack of judgment and kicker miss. Come back with better logic, if you must be the forum's go-to contrarian.
lol grow up kid. The Chiefs aren't getting credit because of what they've done this season. They're getting credit because, for the 6th straight year, they're playing in the AFCG. That would be 5 more than the Ravens have played in.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt. Precisely zero of the players on this Ravens team have earned that same right. We can't earn what they've earned in the past. We can only earn what we can get in the future. And to earn that benefit, you have to take it first.

This isn't rocket science. You geniuses want to stand on ceremony from a regular season of dominance and beating a rookie QB/HC at home. It's literally like the lowest possible bar to set.

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best when it matters the most. So far, we have a miniscule track record of doing that. Sunday will determine if that narrative continues, or ends. But you don't get to say "we've earned it" when we haven't.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chiefs "by far their best football of the year" is not nearly enough to threaten our best.

There are levels to this shit and our best is several levels above theirs.
And I agree. That's why we're favored to win and should win.

But in case it wasn't clear, you don't always (in fact rarely do) get a teams "best" every week. Our best is more than good enough to blow them out. Do we show our best? Historically, we know the Chiefs tend to show their best more frequently in January and February. That's why they credit for it, and we don't.

And make no mistake... the overwhelming majority of the "media" thinks the Ravens are in a prime spot to win this game. These people who think "the whole fucking media is against us" are conjuring this shit out of thin air. They're not. The huge majority of media members you'll find anywhere are picking the Ravens to win this game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He is a tool, but in this case he isnt wrong. Lamar will have to play a near perfect game to win on Sunday...but that's kinda the norm for all QBs in the playoffs going against the caliber of guys like Mahomes. Margin for error is so much smaller vs him. I think our defense is about to get worked by Mahomes and Reid, need Lamar and the offense to match shot for shot.... I think he will
The simple fact that Richard Sherman is talking like this gives me a lot of comfort

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Worked by Mahomes, Reid, and who else exactly?? An old Kelce who finally did good (for just the first half mind you) against LBs who came in off the streets? A rookie WR who has been very inconsistent and only does well when lined up against someone who is just as inconsistent? Pacheco can't do all the work himself, and neither can Mahomes.
Well, that would be why they have one of the leagues elite defenses. That's more of the concern for me.
I have plenty of confidence that our defense won't allow Mahomes and Reid to run rampant on us. They'll score, but not heaps.

Their defense has the talent and coaching to make things very difficult for our offense in this game. Will come down, per usual, to execution.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, that would be why they have one of the leagues elite defenses. That's more of the concern for me.
I have plenty of confidence that our defense won't allow Mahomes and Reid to run rampant on us. They'll score, but not heaps.

Their defense has the talent and coaching to make things very difficult for our offense in this game. Will come down, per usual, to execution.

Ok, I agree with this, you're right

JO_75

Hall of Famer
He runs too hard, due for a big fumble. Queen will get it done and make him tumble, I’m calling it
If he plays, sounds like he could be dealing with turf toe. It would be huge if he ends up not playing. They wouldn't have a run game, forcing Mahomes to throw more.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
The eagles game in the superbowl told me all I needed to know about mahomes, having the more talented roster doesn't matter, and the eagles imo were more talented then this ravens team, as long as you have reid who's the best coach in football and mahomes who's the best qbs it's going to be a chance to win

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol grow up kid. The Chiefs aren't getting credit because of what they've done this season. They're getting credit because, for the 6th straight year, they're playing in the AFCG. That would be 5 more than the Ravens have played in.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt. Precisely zero of the players on this Ravens team have earned that same right. We can't earn what they've earned in the past. We can only earn what we can get in the future. And to earn that benefit, you have to take it first.

This isn't rocket science. You geniuses want to stand on ceremony from a regular season of dominance and beating a rookie QB/HC at home. It's literally like the lowest possible bar to set.

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best when it matters the most. So far, we have a miniscule track record of doing that. Sunday will determine if that narrative continues, or ends. But you don't get to say "we've earned it" when we haven't.
we have beaten the best 4 times this season. We beat ourselves 4 times....well 3 times and one time we sat our starters.

Agree we have to knock off the previous champs, whom have experience playing in this game and beyond. Thats what we should do.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Worked by Mahomes, Reid, and who else exactly?? An old Kelce who finally did good (for just the first half mind you) against LBs who came in off the streets? A rookie WR who has been very inconsistent and only does well when lined up against someone who is just as inconsistent? Pacheco can't do all the work himself, and neither can Mahomes.
They are 9th in YDS/PG and 14th in PPG...absolutely a down year by their standards, but still a formidable offense with Mahomes at the helm. I love our defense this year, but I have a feeling Andy is going to put together a really good game plan to minimize our strengths. Conversely their defense doesn't really scare me. I don't think they match up well with us and Lamar is going to have a big game.