• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
losing Mike McDonald would be worse than losing any defensive player not names roquan. It gets lost what an absurd game this defense had. To hold to 0
Points after the fumble strip, to get the ball back timely 4+ times in the 4th, idk what more you can ask. I doubt mahomes will ever score under 20 in a playoff game again. We had that half of the game. Not gonna win a lot of chips scoring 10 points. This ain’t 1980 anymore

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously man, do you ever enjoy your fandom of the Ravens? I get being upset today, but you seem to spend the week before every game reading other teams forum to find any slander you can get upset about so you can hate every opposing fan and player. During the games, you tend to hate every Ravens player who makes a mistake and every time the Ravens lose, I'm afraid you're going to hurt yourself of someone else. I mean, if you're having fun despite being angry, go for it - I just know that I'd quit watching sports if it made me as unhappy as you seem to get on a weekly basis.
Of course but that was about as frustrating as it gets and I know how hard it is to get to this point, we’ve gone several years losing half our team to injury, we’ve never had a home AFCCG. We squandered a golden opportunity, there is tons of ignorance spewed towards our team and QB and the other team has a holes starting fights etc, yea it’s going to piss me off.

I do watch all the other sports but the only team I truly care about is the Ravens, and that’s enough for the reasons you stated.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
They are suppose to.. opportunity was there and he couldnt make it happen. Like i said, they are gonna put him in the dak category regardless if its the afc ship or not. We couldve easily won this game but we didnt so regardless to what happen, qb gets the blame
They were all tripping over their own feet explaining how only one of Purdy's 4 INTs was his fault.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They are suppose to.. opportunity was there and he couldnt make it happen. Like i said, they are gonna put him in the dak category regardless if its the afc ship or not. We couldve easily won this game but we didnt so regardless to what happen, qb gets the blame
I mean he gets the blame when he plays poorly, which he did.
I don't see a lot of people blaming Jared Goff for losing yesterday. And that's because Goff was good, not great, and the offense he led scored a lot of points.
You don't have to be great to get the praise, but you can't be crap and your team score 10 points and avoid criticism. No matter who you are.

For context:
The 10 points scored is the lowest amount scored by any AFCG team (win or lose) since 2014.
The 17 points scored by KC was the lowest amount of points scored in an AFCG victory since 2000, when, yes, the Ravens beat the Raiders 16-3.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thats how it is when youre playing good football but once you lose, that shit goes down drain… unless youre a selected few
Eh, I think that tune is overplayed, and some may be over sensitive to it because Lamar's our guy. He had a bad game at the most important time, and we lost. Who would get a pass there?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, you haven't. And in reality, you don't want DPI in that spot either. It's just a bailout for the offense. If Likely doesn't get touched, he's still never coming within a stratosphere of catching that ball. The absolute best thing he could ever do is play defense to stop one of the other three guys going from the ball from catching it. Not only isn't a spot where you want the QB to make that throw, the throw itself isn't even good. It's short, put in a spot where his receiver can practically never get it.

It's a total bailout. Rewarding offensive players for simply not being good at offense. I sit here every week and listen to our own fans bitch about refs bailing out QBs for bad throws with PI flags. Throwing the ball 10 yards short on purpose so the receiver has to "run into" the defender to make a play. This isn't as egregious as that, but it's not a catchable ball.

It was a bad throw.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Idk this loss took a toll on me more than I thought it would. Ultimately the Ravens didn’t play well and had every opportunity to win with the defense holding the best QB in the league to 17 points. Monken did his best Roman impression and penalties and turnovers, things that haven’t haunted the Ravens all season, haunted them yesterday.

Several things just doesn’t feel right about yesterday and how the season has played out.

1. Found out that Taylor Swift has made the Chiefs over $300 million this season just from her attending games. Also the impact of women watching the game (is a good thing) is insane.

2. Now the Super Bowl Logo theory is squashed. NFL can stop worrying about the “NFL is scripted comments”

3. 80% of money in Vegas was on Baltimore.

4. NFL handpicked refs that favored the away team specifically for this game.

5. Hearing commentators all game glaze the Chiefs.

6. Seeing Patrick Mahomes and Kelce in every commercial. I never remember it being this skewed that all commercials had them. Even Brady’s dominance never really had many commercials.

7. Lopsided calls (and no calls)

Now I hate to be a conspiracy theorist and I know the NFL wouldn’t make it as obvious as a logo to show who would win. But it really does feel like there have been steps along the way to make sure the Chiefs become the next Pats. And I’m not saying Patrick, Taylor, or anyone would be in on this. This just doesn’t feel like the NFL anymore to me. And something doesn’t feel right.

It’s holding me back from wanting to watch the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sports media is hammering Lamar . Calling him a choke artist of the highest order.

That stupid quarterbacky bitch doubled down on her take
Bruhs, they were WAITING for this day to happen. They're celebrating this shit like their team won a SB. And fuck that cowardly bitch. Had nothing to say when he was playing well, but now she want to stick her neck out and talk shit. Fuck out of my face.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
We just went away from all the things we do well and just put it on Lamar.

If that’s the game plan then I want some changes made
The whole point of Lamar is the RPO and how powerful that is to run, pass, or run it himself. And with no established run game that takes away his superpower. Why does this only happen in playoff games? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t feel right.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The whole point of Lamar is the RPO and how powerful that is to run, pass, or run it himself. And with no established run game that takes away his superpower. Why does this only happen in playoff games? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t feel right.

Something is way off. It’s not like we went down bad and then had to air it out. That didn’t happen at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We all have praised Romo a lot over the years, but feels like he really fell out of favor last night. Constantly defending the non-calls with some really strange motivations annoyed me a lot.

Secondly, w.r.t. the Swift-for-super-bowl conspiracy - I got a laugh out of that one. If any of you actually think that's realistic, consider how many people would have to be in the know and none of them would leak it. And consider how basically every secret there is gets leaked to some media. While I don't think a billion-dollar industry like the NFL would be morally against fixing games, I can pretty much guarantee that they would not risk getting caught and lose a hell of a lot more in brand value, so I'm going to rule out each and every league-sanctioned conspiracy.

romo's not been good for a couple of years now
really in stark contrast to greg olsen who's become such a great communicator

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean he gets the blame when he plays poorly, which he did.
I don't see a lot of people blaming Jared Goff for losing yesterday. And that's because Goff was good, not great, and the offense he led scored a lot of points.
You don't have to be great to get the praise, but you can't be crap and your team score 10 points and avoid criticism. No matter who you are.

For context:
The 10 points scored is the lowest amount scored by any AFCG team (win or lose) since 2014.
The 17 points scored by KC was the lowest amount of points scored in an AFCG victory since 2000, when, yes, the Ravens beat the Raiders 16-3.
I couldn't agree more. Lamar is going to get smoked by the media because of this showing or the lack thereof but to me (all things being equal) he brought it on himself with his gameplay (i.e. holding the football and trying to stay in the pocket way too long, the fumble and the interception). To me, this was his opportunity to shine and eradicate the demons from previous playoffs. It didn't happen. Same ole' same ole.