• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A very good shout!
And this is at the tail end of ray and Ed’s careers, the window looked like it had slammed shut.

It feels that way now, but there’s some fucking dogs on this team still, guys that will learn from this. And we have a newish staff and a lot of guys that are rounding out their roles here like Martin and dubb and weaver etc. along with Steve Saunders being shitcanned. Then of course, there’s Capo DeCosta who really shouldn’t be doubted anymore.

We are a next man up franchise if there’s ever been one.

Biggest concern is, can we win the big game with harbaugh at the helm… I believe we’re gonna knock at that door over and over, but unless harbaugh can fix whatever the fuck it is that has us looking like this in EVERY big game, then it’s gonna take luck for us to get over the hump.

This was a Joe flacco problem as well, he was the streakiest fucking guy ever and we really disliked his ass at times, how much of it was really Joe and how much was Harbaugh?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Of course they are and there is nothing anyone can say against it in my view. It's unfortunate, cause Lamar (and the Ravens) had the opportunity to squash all of that talk with an "MVP-like" performance. One we did not see!
Yea we can’t even be that upset because the entire media liked him in this game, picked us, heavily supported the narrative he should be mvp, and gave us every shot. Hell we were 4 1/2 point favorites to the fucking chiefs. If we lose this game and we play well, his status as top 3 holds. We deserve to be critized and bitched on.
(to clarify I mean top 3 to media holds I obviously think he is)

On a personal level of all the shit talking I did this year claiming it’s our year, boy am I going to be eating it for the next 8 months. Worst part about being somehwere like California is you are the only ravens fan anyone knows so you get 100% of shit thrown back at you. Ugh.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It honestly could be that. That's the thing that sucks about these situations. They're always subject to having to interpret them. All we do is try our best in that respect.
I don’t think much is open to interpretation. Likely threw his hands up, for a second it would’ve looked like a good idea, they wanted six, but then Lamar underthrew tf out of it and everybody bailed on the way back to the ball that was uncatchable to likely.

If Lamar throws a good ball, that contact draws a definite flag and if Likely has a better ball to play he might fuck around and come down with it had everyone tried to play the ball, if that’s a true high pointer idk if any of those guys stands a chance.

Lamar threw an awful ball there and underthrowing into triple coverage hoping to draw a flag is not an idea any nfl qb would have

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
One play that isn’t getting talked about enough is when we had the ball at the 41 and Lamar got sacked to the 50 and we had the punt, that’s so unacceptable in a playoff game when you have Tucker. Get 4 yards there and kick a fg

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
One play that isn’t getting talked about enough is when we had the ball at the 41 and Lamar got sacked to the 50 and we had the punt, that’s so unacceptable in a playoff game when you have Tucker. Get 4 yards there and kick a fg

I think that’s the one that Hill just whiffed on his block.

I think

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Oh no... I mentioned this. This was the first play that took potential points off the board.

And this is at the tail end of ray and Ed’s careers, the window looked like it had slammed shut.

It feels that way now, but there’s some fucking dogs on this team still, guys that will learn from this. And we have a newish staff and a lot of guys that are rounding out their roles here like Martin and dubb and weaver etc. along with Steve Saunders being shitcanned. Then of course, there’s Capo DeCosta who really shouldn’t be doubted anymore.

We are a next man up franchise if there’s ever been one.

Biggest concern is, can we win the big game with harbaugh at the helm… I believe we’re gonna knock at that door over and over, but unless harbaugh can fix whatever the fuck it is that has us looking like this in EVERY big game, then it’s gonna take luck for us to get over the hump.

This was a Joe flacco problem as well, he was the streakiest fucking guy ever and we really disliked his ass at times, how much of it was really Joe and how much was Harbaugh?

Seen somewhere EVERY season we make playoffs our lowest scoring output is a postseason game.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Also what was up with our lack of disciple yesterday? Chiefs were getting in our fucking heads before the game even started. Is Harbaugh not telling our guys to calm tf down and focus?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He threw off balance, while being hit into double coverage vs Jacksonville. Likely caught it and Lamar was proclaimed a genius. That shit was on every channel and podcast non stop for two weeks. Threw behind Likely vs Texans but Likely caught it - genius again. Yesterday Likely was blatantly tackled and was robbed of the opportunity to fight for football. It's feasible he could have caught it or at least could have done enough to break the INT - Lamar sucks in critical moments.

It's fucking hard being Lamar. Always under the microscope, regardless of the fact everybody is forgetting - offensive game plan was atrociously bad. No attempts to alter it, either. Playing under the pump AND under the microscope with almost no help is sometimes too much even for Lamar.
That throw to Likely against the Texans was actually really good placement... He threw it where only Likely had a play on the ball.

I can't remember the one against the Jags, but the Texans throw was GOOD.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Eh, I think that tune is overplayed, and some may be over sensitive to it because Lamar's our guy. He had a bad game at the most important time, and we lost. Who would get a pass there?
Thats what im saying.. we lost and he had a bad game.. i dnt mind the criticism, he deserves it if we being honest.. as 2 time MVP, i feel like he shouldve been the one to tell coach “ we may need to run the ball coach”….

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Oh no... I mentioned this. This was the first play that took potential points off the board.

Seen somewhere EVERY season we make playoffs our lowest scoring output is a postseason game.
Its like our coaches forget the game plan.. that and lamar trying to prove a point. He def went back to looking for the deep ball instead of taking check downs or even scrambling. I feel like the game gets in his head. Seems desperate to make a play whenever we are down

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t think much is open to interpretation. Likely threw his hands up, for a second it would’ve looked like a good idea, they wanted six, but then Lamar underthrew tf out of it and everybody bailed on the way back to the ball that was uncatchable to likely.

If Lamar throws a good ball, that contact draws a definite flag and if Likely has a better ball to play he might fuck around and come down with it had everyone tried to play the ball, if that’s a true high pointer idk if any of those guys stands a chance.

Lamar threw an awful ball there and underthrowing into triple coverage hoping to draw a flag is not an idea any nfl qb would have

I disagree with this assessment of the intention wholeheartedly, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m starting to think maybe it is Lamar who wants to throw like this. I say that because (someone tell me if I imagined this) from the Texans game I thought someone said that Lamar wants the ball in his hands in these games,

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am now starting to doubt Harbaugh, Lamar and Monken. That was just absurd, Kurt Warner was right, our offense was not good, it was just Lamar bailing it out. We need better players and a better line.