• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
1707078276514.jpeg

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
It would have to take a catastrophic meltdown of a season for this to happen. He’d be given a pass for injuries but not for losing the locker room. He’s way too close to Steve and EDC and we always preach continuity. But I want to see Lamar work with a brilliant offensive-minded coach before it’s too late. I’m not even firmly on the fire Harbaugh bandwagon yet but I’m getting close. He’s been out-coached in the playoffs for far too long
Yeah, I understand. I'm on the bandwagon, but I seriously doubt any traction on moving on from John until the locker room is lost. I was hoping they'd offer a higher level of Asst. Head Coach tag to MM to try to keep him, but Seattle is a pretty sweet landing spot imo. I just think John is the weak link. Whoever had the JH avatar with him gripping his head in stunned disbelief needs to put it back on. That is forever the image I have of him in my mind's eye. lol

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
It would have to take a catastrophic meltdown of a season for this to happen. He’d be given a pass for injuries but not for losing the locker room. He’s way too close to Steve and EDC and we always preach continuity. But I want to see Lamar work with a brilliant offensive-minded coach before it’s too late. I’m not even firmly on the fire Harbaugh bandwagon yet but I’m getting close. He’s been out-coached in the playoffs for far too long
Yes, Lamar needs the offense version of McDonald. Has MM picked an OC yet?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ronnie Stanley leading to strip sack when Bateman has an easy TD.

this one is extra annoying because it's the same reason we ended up losing in a critical moment in the redzone in the 2020 playoffs against the bills

lamar had hollywood wide open for an easy TD but couldnt get the ball to him because the rush got to him and forced the throw to go low (next play Lamar throws the pick 6)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't watch but I have to say saw a bunch of picks on many Kelce completions.
There’s a blatant one at the end of this video that got them a 3rd down in the 4th quarter, Tony Romo brags about how good they disguised it. I’m so frustrated our coaches didn’t do more pick routes and tell the O line and DBs to hold more seeing as they weren’t calling it. Oh wait, they called a soft hold on our DB to start the game so who knows

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
this one is extra annoying because it's the same reason we ended up losing in a critical moment in the redzone in the 2020 playoffs against the bills

lamar had hollywood wide open for an easy TD but couldnt get the ball to him because the rush got to him and forced the throw to go low (next play Lamar throws the pick 6)
Absolutely. The trend in OL play is super disappointing. Additionally the trend to abandon a gameplan so quickly is also super disappointing.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What do you mean? This isn't even debatable. Over the course of 60 minutes they played great. They limited Mahomes to less than 20 points. However, in the first quarter they played pretty bad. As I said before, that really shouldn't matter. But them having a bad first quarter caused one of the worst offensive mentality meltdowns we've seen in awhile. They didn't set the tone early and we spooked ourselves. Worst of all is they came out in the second half and certainly set the tone. And we couldn't even use that to recover on offense.
Or maybe it was the fact that the Chiefs played really well. Often the other team tries to win too.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I think there something that happening in the last playoffs game that may have been unnoticed or not bought to light. I could be wrong but didn't we see the chiefs defense get gassed ? Usually as ravens fans we see this when the ravens offense running game is just on fire but this was a defense that was getting gassed from the offense passing game instead. That just hasn't been really common to see or witness . We constantly complain and pick out how the team should have ran the ball more which i'm not knocking/denying but let's not also forget that the chiefs defense basically limited more talented running backs such as James Cook and Raheem Mostert before facing the ravens, None of those running backs had a big game against their defense but in all reality when you got receivers such as Odell Beckham, Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman, Mark Andrews, Nelson Agholor, and Isiah Likely active to play then honestly you probably should be able to move the ball regards of the opposing defense strength against the pass especially when you got a quarterback playing at a MVP level that's arguably the best quarterback of the league for most the season. Not every game is going to call for the team play on script or should I say play with what was planned and in all reality this ravens offense is going to have to start winning those big games with the passing game in the playoffs and Lamar is going to have to get better with his deep ball passes outside of the numbers .Also it's really getting embarrassing or should I say I shake my head every time I see Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan name being bought up as if they would have just been so much better like none of these coaches haven't ever had some really embarrassing or what the heck moments in their career coaching wise in regards to the playoffs or super bowl. Andy Reid was regarded as a choke artist himself before his quarterback eventually was Patrick Mahomes. He's a great coach but he may not ever be able to rekindle such the magic he has established with any other team or quarterback

In all reality I'm still proud of my team and last year was definitely more entertaining to watch compared to the 2022 season. At the end of the day i'm just a fan and I love watching my team play but I refuse to allow their loss in the playoffs to make me sad or ruining my day. if this team had won the super bowl this year I definitely would have been super happy but at the end of the day their super bowl win doesn't impact my life like that. I don't get a salary increase from my job, it doesn't lead to some form of home improvement where I live, It doesn't help me get a wife or hot girl friend, and it definitely doesn't add to my peace. That's just me and I don't knock anyone else that feelings differently but in all reality this is really just a game.

Last edited:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
When people discuss the team panicking when going down early against the Chiefs, I think it's important to frame the context of the game.

The Ravens had come out with a quick punt and the Chiefs responded by absolutely dismantling the Ravens defense, moving the ball methodically and without resistance to the tune of an easy touchdown (yes, I think it should have been overturned and yes, there were should have been flags happening.)

When the Ravens responded with a touchdown, the Chiefs again scored rather effortlessly, dismantling the Ravens vaunted defense. They just had their way and it appeared that whatever the Chiefs wanted to do was going to work.

Now, be honest- when the Chiefs scored their two touchdowns, how many here thought the team would allow three points the entire rest of the game, including zero in the second half? I didn't. I thought this was going to be a long, back and forth game. And it appears the Ravens felt they were in store for a shootout, too.

Had the Chiefs scored once and the Ravens responded, but then we didn't get another score until the field goal, I think the game looks totally different. Had the Chiefs scored a second half touchdown rather than two on the first two drives, I think the game looks totally different.

Hindsight is obviously 20/20 and the Ravens absolutely had plenty of opportunities to lean on the running game, but I can understand what they might have been thinking. I don't excuse the poor decision making or excuse the lack of running, but I can understand what might have sparked it.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
When people discuss the team panicking when going down early against the Chiefs, I think it's important to frame the context of the game.

The Ravens had come out with a quick punt and the Chiefs responded by absolutely dismantling the Ravens defense, moving the ball methodically and without resistance to the tune of an easy touchdown (yes, I think it should have been overturned and yes, there were should have been flags happening.)

When the Ravens responded with a touchdown, the Chiefs again scored rather effortlessly, dismantling the Ravens vaunted defense. They just had their way and it appeared that whatever the Chiefs wanted to do was going to work.

Now, be honest- when the Chiefs scored their two touchdowns, how many here thought the team would allow three points the entire rest of the game, including zero in the second half? I didn't. I thought this was going to be a long, back and forth game. And it appears the Ravens felt they were in store for a shootout, too.

Had the Chiefs scored once and the Ravens responded, but then we didn't get another score until the field goal, I think the game looks totally different. Had the Chiefs scored a second half touchdown rather than two on the first two drives, I think the game looks totally different.

Hindsight is obviously 20/20 and the Ravens absolutely had plenty of opportunities to lean on the running game, but I can understand what they might have been thinking. I don't excuse the poor decision making or excuse the lack of running, but I can understand what might have sparked it.

Wait. Aren't you one of the guys who argued that the NFL was involved with an officiating conspiracy to acquire fans thru the social media adoration of a love story between a prominent player and a pop star?

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
...but seriously. To your point, I had confidence the DEF would correct itself. Little did I realize that our HC and OC would abandon an OFF plan because, presumably, THEY lacked confidence in the DEF so thought home runs were the only way OFF we could compete.

The blame goes with John. The whole experience is sad.

Last edited:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Wait. Aren't you one of the guys who argued that the NFL was involved with an officiating conspiracy to acquire fans thru the social media adoration of a love story between a prominent player and a pop star?
I said it wouldn't shock me to find it was true; I didn't say it was or that I believe it one way or another.

Tank

Hall of Famer
...but seriously. To your point, I had confidence the DEF would correct itself. Little did I realize that our HC and OC would abandon an OFF plan because, presumably, THEY lacked confidence in the DEF so thought home runs were the only way OFF we could compete.

The blame goes with John. The whole experience is sad.
Yeah, that John, he's pretty terrible. Which do you think was worse? Him fumbling at the goal line or flailing a quacker into triple coverage?

jk

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
People on this sub get separated into three groups for me-

1. People who are quality posters who I read every post from when I see them (posters like yourself, Rossi).
2. People who are not quality posters and I avoid everything they post and avoid interacting with them when I do read it.
3. Everyone else. Just posters that post, but I don't give a thought to one way or another.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
People on this sub get separated into three groups for me-

1. People who are quality posters who I read every post from when I see them (posters like yourself, Rossi).
2. People who are not quality posters and I avoid everything they post and avoid interacting with them when I do read it.
3. Everyone else. Just posters that post, but I don't give a thought to one way or another.
8epitw.jpg