• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Ma homey played well, and smart.

Kelce got a lot of leeway with taunting, hard to understand given the flag on Zay.
Zay did everything but moonwalk on Sneed. They probably even would have let him spin the ball but standing over him to and still talking. Should have focused. And Lamar was trying to hurry up as well. This loss man... this one really got me

Simba

Staff Member

Kelce got a lot of leeway with taunting, hard to understand given the flag on Zay.
I will say there was one early where Kelce came from the sideline and signaled first down right in front of two of our guys AND the ref and it wasn't even a thought. That one pissed me off because it was a clear penalty based on the taunting rule, but alas.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
I will say there was one early where Kelce came from the sideline and signaled first down right in front of two of our guys AND the ref and it wasn't even a thought. That one pissed me off because it was a clear penalty based on the taunting rule, but alas.

I will have to say when I saw the penalty on Zay I thought it was BS but I always do. I think standing over and spinning the ball by him would always be called. The first down move never does. I’m not defending Kelce I have issues with how he acts.

Simba

Staff Member
I will have to say when I saw the penalty on Zay I thought it was BS but I always do. I think standing over and spinning the ball by him would always be called. The first down move never does. I’m not defending Kelce I have issues with how he acts.
I weirdly didn't have issues with Kelce before today, but he was the ultimate dick for no apparent reason.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I weirdly didn't have issues with Kelce before today, but he was the ultimate dick for no apparent reason.
I used to love watching the Kelce podcast with Jason and Travis, but after today, he was just such an antagonistic dickhead. I don't know if he's always like that because I don't watch a ton of Chiefs games with the same intensity as Ravens games, but he was just going at players relentlessly and nothing got called.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
With the Lions losing, this means we will have the 30th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, Lions picking 29th.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I also just want to add this completely anecdotally, but I had three instances that stood out to me in my personal life.

1. When I was on dating apps, I had several girls match with me in Travis Kelce jerseys. When I asked about their NFL fandom because that's something obviously big in my life, they responded that they were only into football because of Taylor Swift. I talked to a few girls who said they only watched games to see Taylor Swift.
2. On the same apps, I once came across a profile that had a prompt that read, "Do you agree or disagree that Taylor Swift made Travis Kelce famous?" That one actually really made me mad to read.
3. I was at a restaurant the other week and a girl was eating with her family and she commented something along the lines of, "We've never really seen NFL celebrity couples like this. Taylor Swift is like the first big celebrity to date an athlete." It's blatantly false, but this was someone who probably literally never paid attention to sports until Taylor Swift.

Again, I'm not saying the NFL is definitely rigging games, but I think it'd be very naïve to think it's not a possibility. Women are getting into the NFL, and A LOT of them, in ways that the NFL hasn't seen before thanks to Taylor Swift. The NFL's goal is to make and maximize profits. It's doing them a lot of heavy lifting and good to have Taylor Swift on screen during games.
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I honestly don’t think people getting into the sport that know nothing about it and don’t really care about the sport itself is a good thing.

I mean, on a graph it looks good cause the line goes up but it’s like saying cause your GDP is going up it means your economy is good. Sure it can be an indicator but it’s not a sure thing

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I also just want to add this completely anecdotally, but I had three instances that stood out to me in my personal life.

1. When I was on dating apps, I had several girls match with me in Travis Kelce jerseys. When I asked about their NFL fandom because that's something obviously big in my life, they responded that they were only into football because of Taylor Swift. I talked to a few girls who said they only watched games to see Taylor Swift.
2. On the same apps, I once came across a profile that had a prompt that read, "Do you agree or disagree that Taylor Swift made Travis Kelce famous?" That one actually really made me mad to read.

3. I was at a restaurant the other week and a girl was eating with her family and she commented something along the lines of, "We've never really seen NFL celebrity couples like this. Taylor Swift is like the first big celebrity to date an athlete." It's blatantly false, but this was someone who probably literally never paid attention to sports until Taylor Swift.

Again, I'm not saying the NFL is definitely rigging games, but I think it'd be very naïve to think it's not a possibility. Women are getting into the NFL, and A LOT of them, in ways that the NFL hasn't seen before thanks to Taylor Swift. The NFL's goal is to make and maximize profits. It's doing them a lot of heavy lifting and good to have Taylor Swift on screen during games.
Same! I be on dating apps and be seeing the same thing. That's why I made one of my profile prompts... "Do you agree or disagree that Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce dating is a Publicity Stunt?"

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I honestly don’t think people getting into the sport that know nothing about it and don’t really care about the sport itself is a good thing.

I mean, on a graph it looks good cause the line goes up but it’s like saying cause your GDP is going up it means your economy is good. Sure it can be an indicator but it’s not a sure thing
I don't think the NFL really cares that much, though.

They're getting more viewers and more revenue and they're getting jersey sales from girls buying Kelce jerseys.

They're just making money.

JHR2022

Practice Squad
Any chance we could swing a trade for a running back like Derrick Henry? Somebody who just runs over people.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk this is the only time in my entire life where I am even questioning whether I care anymore? Idk if I even have it in me to spend my time and money in this way any more. Didn't feel this way after any of the other losses
I feel that: I’m stuck in Baltimore leaving to fly out at 5 am across country tomorrow and then work a 12 hour day and I just like don’t have the ability to care rn.
I’m not even that upset more so of a done feeling.

This loss feels like your gf cheating on you vs you guys having a dumb big fight

With the cheating you are done stop caring and it doesn’t hurt as much cuz at least there isn’t a “what could have been” This was our year, in every way. It’s going to be hard for me to believe that for a while tbh

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think the NFL really cares that much, though.

They're getting more viewers and more revenue and they're getting jersey sales from girls buying Kelce jerseys.

They're just making money.
Indeed nfl puts so much marketing into its recent campaign nfl is for “everyone” and getting a massive women fan base increases that. Men buy tickets for the girlfriends. I know more women who went to games this year than all other years combined soley because they started watching kelce

The nfl is sick as fuck and there’s a reason we are all addicted like crack to it, getting women to want to listen men explaining it and men getting to do that to their gf is a god send