• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I no longer believe in this iteration of the ravens. If we couldn’t win it this year, I don’t see how we ever do. It’s not in our DNA. Idk what it is, if it’s harbaugh, Lamar, or whatever, we aren’t built for it, we can’t put together 3-4 straight weeks of quality disciplined and smart football, it’s a team problem and I’m not sure any offseason changes it. Every year we could go into the postseason, and every year I’m just gonna expect another meltdown, they have shown who they are time and time again, and I’m done being disappointed.

If they ever fuck around and win one, hey what a nice surprise that would be, but having any hope for it is fucking futile, setting yourself up for nothing but heartbreak. I fucking knew I was right to just stay emotionally detached from this team.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I no longer believe in this iteration of the ravens. If we couldn’t win it this year, I don’t see how we ever do. It’s not in our DNA. Idk what it is, if it’s harbaugh, Lamar, or whatever, we aren’t built for it, we can’t put together 3-4 straight weeks of quality disciplined and smart football, it’s a team problem and I’m not sure any offseason changes it. Every year we could go into the postseason, and every year I’m just gonna expect another meltdown, they have shown who they are time and time again, and I’m done being disappointed.

If they ever fuck around and win one, hey what a nice surprise that would be, but having any hope for it is fucking futile, setting yourself up for nothing but heartbreak. I fucking knew I was right to just stay emotionally detached from this team.

I think we all know the answer and some of us don’t want to say it because of the history and what he helped accomplish many years ago

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

I feel this way too. I felt it most of the year. I really bought in after the Rams, 49ers and Miami wins though. But tbh there was so much writing on the wall of deep issues with this team. As good as it was!

The thing I'm disappointed in is that mentally our coaches first, and players next were not MENTALLY up to this challenge. It's like they knew they weren't fighting in the same weight class. It's why MM acted the way he did early and why Todd acted the way he did all game.

At least ffs MM has his head screwed on and is intelligent and dynamic enough to pivot. I wouldn't mind him taking over the team.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
And that's a big statement from me!! I've been his biggest critic. Guaranteed in this board. But he's got a bright future. Not there yet but he's on his way

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I've never seen a 15 yard penalty called when a defender comes across early and hits a lineman. WTF was that call on Ro?
Said the same thing.

Watched the Zay play again and absolutely no reason to dive there. Why am I doing this to myself...

I would love to have Belicheck on this staff if he'd take a role.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we all know the answer and some of us don’t want to say it because of the history and what he helped accomplish many years ago
I’m not sure it’s not Lamar also. I’m done with harbaugh now, but man I’m really tired of seeing Lamar take every tough but winnable game and make damn sure we can’t win it with a bonehead play. He’s good for a red zone pick every high stakes game against a good opponent, and a stupid as fuck one at that.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Said the same thing.

Watched the Zay play again and absolutely no reason to dive there. Why am I doing this to myself...

I would love to have Belicheck on this staff if he'd take a role.
BB would never go for less than HC with full team control.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same! I be on dating apps and be seeing the same thing. That's why I made one of my profile prompts... "Do you agree or disagree that Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce dating is a Publicity Stunt?"
It's big business for the NFL that is for sure:

Tank

Hall of Famer
If it were a systemic issue with coaching it would affect the whole team, not just the offense. Hard to argue that this year's D was not a top 5 in a very exclusive club. That doesn't happen with bad team management. What I see is inconsistent play/execution. Look like stars for a few weeks, then invariably lose it and shit the bed in the biggest moments.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I’m not sure it’s not Lamar also. I’m done with harbaugh now, but man I’m really tired of seeing Lamar take every tough but winnable game and make damn sure we can’t win it with a bonehead play. He’s good for a red zone pick every high stakes game against a good opponent, and a stupid as fuck one at that.

This team is the anti clutch. I knew on 3rd they'd convert no matter how hard I tried to believe we'd get the stop and tie it. Situations get tight and we don't have the guys who will step up in those bright light moments. And this is something I think the team actually needs to look into more when drafting going forward.

Shout out Kyle Hamilton while I'm here. Knew he was good. Didn't realize he had that mean streak in him. Felt the more they yapped to him the more locked in he became.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
BB would never go for less than HC with full team control.
A year ago or maybe a week ago I'd agree. No team seems to want to deal with him now. Attaching to a somewhat strong team and say we got over the hump next year, he'd still get a lot of credit and could pursue another vacancy. Highly doubt it would happen anyway but was just saying. It's not like we have ravens football to discuss anymore.

And no team should give BB personnel decisions... or at least draft decisions.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m so conflicted with this because I like the guy and he keeps us competitive but look at the two coaches that are in the SB.. two offensive minded guys that are absolute geniuses and know how to run elite offenses. Harbaugh isn’t an X’s and O’s guy and the rah-rah bs gets old when you haven’t won anything important in over 10 years or even reach the SB since then and you hang onto inept coordinators for too fucking long

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m going to have to catch up and read the comments and I will. But we obviously should have ran the ball more, and that sequence at the end of the half with 2nd and 4 and two straight passes was awful. Lamar held the ball way too long. We really need to work on getting him on schedule with some routes, you can’t always buy time for the big play

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Did we ban bored maine but not the gloating chiefs fan?
This team is the anti clutch. I knew on 3rd they'd convert no matter how hard I tried to believe we'd get the stop and tie it. Situations get tight and we don't have the guys who will step up in those bright light moments. And this is something I think the team actually needs to look into more when drafting going forward.

Shout out Kyle Hamilton while I'm here. Knew he was good. Didn't realize he had that mean streak in him. Felt the more they yapped to him the more locked in he became.
I have to admit I had not watched a ton of Ravens football this year, but holy smokes that guy is good. If I didn’t know better I would have sworn there was two of him on the field. Nobody could question his want to win.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I have to admit I had not watched a ton of Ravens football this year, but holy smokes that guy is good. If I didn’t know better I would have sweared there was two of him on the field. Nobody could question his want to win.
How do you feel about the 49ers?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The last time we had a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl was 2019... Lamar was MVP and it was an election year. We went into a pandemic following the last Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl.... oh no. We screwed.