• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I cant imagine a world where you get PI throwing into triple coverage. It is like throwing a hail mary where there there is always PI but it will never be called unless it is far more direct than what happened there.
Agreeded, a lot of bad calls but I’m not mad about that. You expect to be bailed out against the chiefs under throwing in tripple? That’s stupid af, espically knowing how the game was getting called. You sail that ball to the back of the end zone and if likely makes a play cool if not oh well. You simply can’t make a throw like that in the playoffs and expect to win

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, football becomes unwatchable if we call clear and obvious flags. Good thought.
Yup. There's clear and obvious offensive holding on at least 50% of pass plays. I could show you illegal contact by defensive backs and linebackers on nearly every route run.

We throw flags on those, and it's a wrap.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yup. There's clear and obvious offensive holding on at least 50% of pass plays. I could show you illegal contact by defensive backs and linebackers on nearly every route run.

You're, right sideline coverage. It's always that blatant and obvious.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You're, right sideline coverage. It's always that blatant and obvious.
You're using the word blatant incorrectly. Per usual.

O I forgot, Likely threw his hand up. Means he's open. Saw four kids do that simultaneously in a flag football game just the other day. All of them were more open than Likely was. And it was still intercepted.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You're using the word blatant incorrectly. Per usual.

O I forgot, Likely threw his hand up. Means he's open. Saw four kids do that simultaneously in a flag football game just the other day. All of them were more open than Likely was. And it was still intercepted.
Whatever you say, sideline coverage.

I'd call being tackled blatant, but I'm not going to contest the great sideline coverage.

JHR2022

Practice Squad
Kelce had 11 catches for 116 yards, and time and time again in critical situations, he was their go to guy. If it was third and 7, we all knew who Mahomes was going to target.
Why didn’t the Ravens know it? Was it impossible for us to cover the guy?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will never get excited about this team again until the playoffs, there’s literally no point, we were dominant all year and when it mattered most we turned it over and lost to the douchebag chiefs with their douchebag fans

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

that's correct, but your changing the topic. We are talking about a clearly specific play that there was DPI. Guaranteed they call that on us, if it happened that way.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Kelce had 11 catches for 116 yards, and time and time again in critical situations, he was their go to guy. If it was third and 7, we all knew who Mahomes was going to target.
I know. They covered him like he was some ordinary threat but in reality he was imo the MVP. He won the game for them with his play and with his mind games. He dominated borh

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
that's correct, but your changing the topic. We are talking about a clearly specific play that there was DPI. Guaranteed they call that on us, if it happened that way.
I don't even think it's correct.

If you can find me an example as obvious as that no call PI, I'll concede, but these are professional players playing at the highest level of football. Assuming they commit a clear and obvious penalty on every single snap is laughable. Most of these guys have spent their entire life honing their craft and we think they're not good enough to play without committing clear and obvious penalties on every play? Ha, okay.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You will not see any ref call DPI in that spot in any game. Especially when Likely is basically playing defense on that throw as opposed to offense.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
They held him to two catches for 20 yards in the second half. Felt like they manned up more and disrupted more at the line of scrimmage. Obviously made a significant difference.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't even think it's correct.

If you can find me an example as obvious as that no call PI, I'll concede, but these are professional players playing at the highest level of football. Assuming they commit a clear and obvious penalty on every single snap is laughable. Most of these guys have spent their entire life honing their craft and we think they're not good enough to play without committing clear and obvious penalties on every play? Ha, okay.
I agree with you. That was an obvious dpi and took atleat 3 points off the board for us. Refs seemed to be pretty one sided yesterday.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean there's at least two completions, one for a TD, where he's smothered with coverage. Kyle Hamilton was draped literally all over him on that TD throw. I wouldn't expect him or us to do anything differently. It was just a great throw and an even better catch.

Mahomes/Kelce made two big time plays in that game where you can't do anything but just say "yeah, that's what elite players do". Even the Lamar "reception" is a great play by the defense... he just makes an all-world play that pretty much only he can do.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I posted still frame shots of the throw and it was very blatant PI.

I said it before, but 11 players could have been defending Likely and you still need to call that because it wasn't an iffy call- it was blatant.

When I say blatant I am saying that in order to get a PI on a hail mary you basically have to have grabbed the receiver and thrown him early. Hitting him early is never going to get a PI on a hail mary and similarly it is not going to get called when you throw into triple coverage.

All this talk about how it should be PI seems to be ignoring that it was by far the worst throw any QB has made in the entire playoffs. There is no sugar coating it. That was a terrible horrendous decision that I cannot comprehend because there was no world where Likely was going to come down with that ball.