• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
RWell we were ravaged the last two years and that certainly benefited the bengals, they still won more games with their backup than burrow this year and we still beat burrow x2, or 1.5 if you will. I get the sentiment but it’s annoying to hear it from pundits and their fanbase like Lamar wasn’t hurt the last 2 years. But also that’s just another reason why this loss stings so bad , Lamar and the team finally stayed healthy, sort of. Still basically lost Andrews, and two RBs
I'm just talking about losing a window in time where you have to capitalize on having a great roster and that was despite our injuries. I thought EDC did a great job keeping up with our injuries with mid season signings and right up to Cook . He tried to give this roster every opportunity of staying competitive. And as other teams get healthier we're losing our roster, particularly on defense that was very special

JAAM

Hall of Famer
did ryan clark say whats the difference between lamar and tua? lol
That’s surprising if he did. RC has always been a Lamar supporter

JAAM

Hall of Famer
First play of game when they said hill was the starter… i knew it was a wrap
We really need “that guy” at RB lol. I’m sick of Lamar constantly being the leading rusher

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
They are suppose to.. opportunity was there and he couldnt make it happen. Like i said, they are gonna put him in the dak category regardless if its the afc ship or not. We couldve easily won this game but we didnt so regardless to what happen, qb gets the blame
Yea but burrow didn’t really get blame when he threw 4 INTs in last years, 2 got called back on soft calls

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yea but burrow didn’t really get blame when he threw 4 INTs in last years, 2 got called back on soft calls
That’s because he made a Super Bowl and even though he lost, he’s the second best QB in the league for some reason. People have been on that tool’s nuts ever since he entered the NFL. We pretty much own him though when he can’t play our practice squad players on defense so I’m not worried about him returning

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I’m pissed at Flowers, two dumb fucking mistakes that possibly cost us the game. I don’t want to hear about how he was the only weapon, he also made sure to cost us the game. So sick of this shit

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
By now, we know the media pick and chooses.. lamar gonna always get the short end of the stick..
While I think he was actually going to lead us to victory I’m fine with any criticism albeit I’m sure there are some absurd hot takes right now, I haven’t looked. I’m so mad at Flowers man, I really think we win if we score there.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Honestly I’m pissed at Flowers, two dumb fucking mistakes that possibly cost us the game. I don’t want to hear about how he was the only weapon, he also made sure to cost us the game. So sick of this shit
Seriously man, do you ever enjoy your fandom of the Ravens? I get being upset today, but you seem to spend the week before every game reading other teams forum to find any slander you can get upset about so you can hate every opposing fan and player. During the games, you tend to hate every Ravens player who makes a mistake and every time the Ravens lose, I'm afraid you're going to hurt yourself of someone else. I mean, if you're having fun despite being angry, go for it - I just know that I'd quit watching sports if it made me as unhappy as you seem to get on a weekly basis.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to say Harbaugh has to take a lot of the blame on the offensive play calling . He can’t communicate with Monken to ask what the fuck he’s doing in the first half ???!?!!?

Reid thoroughly outcoached Harbs and it wasn’t close .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to say Harbaugh has to take a lot of the blame on the offensive play calling . He can’t communicate with Monken to ask what the fuck he’s doing in the first half ???!?!!?

Reid's game plan wasn't anything great either. Neither HC did what I would consider to be a great job.

Spagnuolo greatly outcoached Monken.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He’s a 23 year old rookie. We were still well in the game after the penalty and fumble, whole quarter left.

marklar

Pro Bowler
We all have praised Romo a lot over the years, but feels like he really fell out of favor last night. Constantly defending the non-calls with some really strange motivations annoyed me a lot.

Secondly, w.r.t. the Swift-for-super-bowl conspiracy - I got a laugh out of that one. If any of you actually think that's realistic, consider how many people would have to be in the know and none of them would leak it. And consider how basically every secret there is gets leaked to some media. While I don't think a billion-dollar industry like the NFL would be morally against fixing games, I can pretty much guarantee that they would not risk getting caught and lose a hell of a lot more in brand value, so I'm going to rule out each and every league-sanctioned conspiracy.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

This is where it hurts us to have a special teams minded coach every year imo. we can beat most great teams but situational play calling on offense has been our weakest point for a decade now. The fact that we have Lamar and Tucker - but it feels like we are always on the wrong side of close games like this, kills me.