• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Acho is an inconsistent asshole and Roman did the same thing in 19 by abandoning the run. The question we need to ask is why can't this team ever seem to run the ball well if Lamar isn't the one doing it? And why the hell didn't we even attempt to establish the run? Going strictly off memory felt like the few times we did run it was out of 11 personnel but could be wrong.
I know who Acho is. I mentioned that I don't rock with him in that initial post. And I agree with you about the lack of running the rock. Pathetic.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Media clowning Baltimore. Saying the Chiefs came into Baltimore and 'bullied' the bullies and punked them out of "who they are" (a dominant team) starting with Kelce and Mahomes disrespecting Tucker during his warmups. Nick Wright dropped this:
U7KnWL4.jpg
Good, I hope every damn one of these TV clowns embarrass the piss out of them. They deserve to get punked after that pussy ass performance yesterday! If I got to take all the punking from my Steeler relatives, this team also needs to feel the fucking sting!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last week when we won our first playoff game and we celebrated in the locker room like we won the Super Bowl, I quietly said to myself…..I don’t like it! All that stupid dancing, I did not like that shit one bit!!! That game didn’t mean shit, we got two more games we got to fucking win!!! You got to stay laser focused on the goal. Big fucking deal, we won one playoff game after a bye week, all that does is get us a shittier draft spot in the draft, so why would you celebrate now like that? This was what my gut told me. Then I see a team yesterday that looked undisciplined and got pushed around and bullied at home. At least after a few drives, the defense was able to wake the fuck up, but the offense could not get its shit together. They panicked and you could see it on the sideline. You could see that wide eyed bewildered look…that, this is not supposed to be happening shit on their faces. I saw it on Harbaugh’s face.

They pissed that game away, because they lost that fucking edge they had. That chip on their shoulder that should have been there, because we were playing the reigning champions, who said, fuck you young punks…..you want it…..you better be man enough to take it from us. Yesterday, from minute one we cracked like little bitches. Honestly, I could not be more embarrassed.

Ironically, as I am typing this, my Steeler wife is watching today’s video from “Steeler Dad,” who is laughing his ass off that we fell like a house of cards. What do we have to show for the season now? A shitty draft position and AFC North Division Title banner that I really don’t care about after losing twice to the Steelers and beating the Burrow-less Bengals.

This season was completely pissed away by that piss poor performance yesterday and it is going to take a long damned time to wash the stink off it and get this taste out of all our mouths. Fucking embarrassing!
You know I didn’t think much of it until Andy Reid called us out, but even then I still thought we weren’t going to blow this opportunity… Well, we sure did.

You really captured the frustration well, it is an awful loss

Media clowning Baltimore. Saying the Chiefs came into Baltimore and 'bullied' the bullies and punked them out of "who they are" (a dominant team) starting with Kelce and Mahomes disrespecting Tucker during his warmups. Nick Wright dropped this:
U7KnWL4.jpg
Welp sometimes you just gotta take them bad meds. They may taste like shit but they good for ya in the long run. Lol

Carptom1

Practice Squad
We’ve looked unprepared for the majority of every playoff game since Lamar took over so who’s going to take accountability? This shit’s becoming a cycle and it’s fucking unacceptable at this point. I mean this is Cowboys-level of unraveling and it’s getting extremely difficult to defend Lamar and Harbaugh
Regretably, I think Monken outcoached Monken

Now I don’t want to trigger anyone…..

But from a non emotional fan of another team it appeared the majority of this loss falls on the head coach. Offensively not running the ball was surprising. It’s what you do. In the game plan meetings it should have been the focus. Make us stop what you do best. Sometimes these coaches think they are going to trick the opposing team by changing their trends. We defend the pass and pressure. He played to our strengths instead of making us play to yours. If Harbaugh signed off on that it’s his fault. If he didn’t he’s simply negligent.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I am now starting to doubt Harbaugh, Lamar and Monken. That was just absurd, Kurt Warner was right, our offense was not good, it was just Lamar bailing it out. We need better players and a better line.
Idk if i agree with that.. i think our offense is good.. just a bad game plan that game and no one could figure out what we were doing wrong

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is where it hurts us to have a special teams minded coach every year imo. we can beat most great teams but situational play calling on offense has been our weakest point for a decade now. The fact that we have Lamar and Tucker - but it feels like we are always on the wrong side of close games like this, kills me.
Gotta admit though, harbaugh gets the best out of our players but then again if he couldnt figure out that maybe we need to run the ball, something migbt be wrong

redrum52

Hall of Famer

But from a non emotional fan of another team it appeared the majority of this loss falls on the head coach. Offensively not running the ball was surprising. It’s what you do. In the game plan meetings it should have been the focus. Make us stop what you do best. Sometimes these coaches think they are going to trick the opposing team by changing their trends. We defend the pass and pressure. He played to our strengths instead of making us play to yours. If Harbaugh signed off on that it’s his fault. If he didn’t he’s simply negligent.

I was just about to say the first part. I can't even say he was really out coached because it didn't even look like he tested spags.

Harbaugh says to start the 2nd half they want to establish the run and I think get turnovers and stops. No TOs but got stops and did absolutely nothing with them.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Btw thanks for being respectful. I also think you’re pretty much on here. Not sure who signed off on this game plan whether Harbaugh, Bisciotti, Monken, or Lamar but this was a dumb game plan

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

There's some of us who are fed up with that bullshit. It's not the first time. In fact, nothing ever happens on that front when the plan isn't working. CEO, not a coach.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think my life, set upon by so many tragedies, leaves me not GAF about any of this and I'm hopeful for the future.......

LIke........GO RAVENS. It didnt happen for many reasons, none of those in our control or even reachable to control so..... over

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Btw thanks for being respectful. I also think you’re pretty much on here. Not sure who signed off on this game plan whether Harbaugh, Bisciotti, Monken, or Lamar but this was a dumb game plan
Dude I have no interest in clubbing anyone that is feeling like you guys are, after all I was a suffering chiefs fan for 50 years. In the end game planning and player control falls on him. Lamar was doing what he thought he should do to win, it is his coaches responsibility to guide him and coach him. I don’t know if you guys remember the championship game we lost to the Bengals. We were up 14 at the end of the second quarter with one play left and 10 seconds at the Bengals six and no timeouts. Mahomes made a dumbshit play and threw it short as time expired. We would have been up 17, instead we gave them hope. We crapped our pants in the second half and mahommes played scared and threw two interceptions and we lost. That one hurt. He and Reid took a lot of heat, but I haven’t seen them play like that again. Time will tell if they will learn this. As a fan you will think they will. We are all suckers like that.

Harbs got schooled by his old teacher (one of the best in the business I might add). Never abandon your strength. The very thing that got you to the championship game.

We all have praised Romo a lot over the years, but feels like he really fell out of favor last night. Constantly defending the non-calls with some really strange motivations annoyed me a lot.

Secondly, w.r.t. the Swift-for-super-bowl conspiracy - I got a laugh out of that one. If any of you actually think that's realistic, consider how many people would have to be in the know and none of them would leak it. And consider how basically every secret there is gets leaked to some media. While I don't think a billion-dollar industry like the NFL would be morally against fixing games, I can pretty much guarantee that they would not risk getting caught and lose a hell of a lot more in brand value, so I'm going to rule out each and every league-sanctioned conspiracy.

Getting a bit defensive there mate, I reckon your involved in the conspiracy.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbs got schooled by his old teacher (one of the best in the business I might add). Never abandon your strength. The very thing that got you to the championship game.
I don't know why we played THEIR brand of football. It makes no sense. There is never a moment where you get away from what you do and what made you successful, play another team's game, and then expect to actually pull off a W. I legitimately have no idea what person had a stroke (DISCLAIMER: strokes are not funny, they are a serious medical condition. If you feel you may have a stroke or have had a stroke or a loved one suffered from a stroke, this is not meant to make fun) and totally missed this but I am honestly surprised someone who even knows basic football thought this was a good idea.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
Reid learned the hard way too. They ran him out of Philly because his stubbornness and clock management kept him from winning a SB with some pretty good teams. Three or so years here it was the same old crap. Him and mahomes just seemed made for each other. I am not sure either would have won a superbowl without the other.