• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wondered if he could've taken off before he threw that INT.
He could have, he also had several underneath options on that play. I thought I was turning a corner but now I’m just getting sad again thinking about this blown opportunity and terrible offensive performance.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
On rsr they’re saying some of the current players did not appreciate the constant past players being introduced, they said it sent a message of you better perform like these past champions did

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
1706591963930.png

Guess Bateman was open for a TD but good ole Stanley got beat for a strip sack

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
On rsr they’re saying some of the current players did not appreciate the constant past players being introduced, they said it sent a message of you better perform like these past champions did
A few of those "past" players are icons and in the Ring of Honor. They should have viewed that as upholding the Ravens' standard and tradition with those Super Bowl Champions in the building. People are so soft in today's era if something like that bothers them instead of motivating them.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
A few of those "past" players are icons and in the Ring of Honor. They should have viewed that as upholding the Ravens' standard and tradition with those Super Bowl Champions in the building. People are so soft in today's era if something like that bothers them instead of motivating them.
"Someone on RSR is saying..." and you automatically believe it?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t think much is open to interpretation. Likely threw his hands up, for a second it would’ve looked like a good idea, they wanted six, but then Lamar underthrew tf out of it and everybody bailed on the way back to the ball that was uncatchable to likely.

If Lamar throws a good ball, that contact draws a definite flag and if Likely has a better ball to play he might fuck around and come down with it had everyone tried to play the ball, if that’s a true high pointer idk if any of those guys stands a chance.

Lamar threw an awful ball there and underthrowing into triple coverage hoping to draw a flag is not an idea any nfl qb would have

watching from the endzone angle looks more like it was late than a bad decision
and was obviously underthrown

but from the endzone angle it also becomes extra clear timing-wise that it's a clear DPI

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am now starting to doubt Harbaugh, Lamar and Monken. That was just absurd, Kurt Warner was right, our offense was not good, it was just Lamar bailing it out. We need better players and a better line.

the reason he was the MVP regardless of stats was because everyone could see that the offence doesnt work without him being miraculous

we would occasionally see these really cool plays from Monken that were nicely designed but so often the success of the offence was... oh no someone on the OL just lost and no one's open, lamar fix it

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
View attachment 5906
Guess Bateman was open for a TD but good ole Stanley got beat for a strip sack
Also, they were beating us with a four man rush. But that middle of the field was vacant like this pic shows for most of the game. I guess it doesn't matter when you have to dedicate a TE and/or RB to blocking and that left 4 WR covered by 7 guys. And that's what Lamar was throwing into all game. You have to wonder why either he or at least ONE of the coaches didn't think, "Wait, we need to do something other than throw into double and triple coverage every play." But no. WTF?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 055226.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 055226.png
    728.8 KB · Views: 30
I don't know why we played THEIR brand of football. It makes no sense. There is never a moment where you get away from what you do and what made you successful, play another team's game, and then expect to actually pull off a W. I legitimately have no idea what person had a stroke (DISCLAIMER: strokes are not funny, they are a serious medical condition. If you feel you may have a stroke or have had a stroke or a loved one suffered from a stroke, this is not meant to make fun) and totally missed this but I am honestly surprised someone who even knows basic football thought this was a good idea.
A STROKE of genius it was NOT!

Seriously? I think they be stretching for excuses over there. lol. If anything it probably added to the underdog mentality that KC had coming in here. Made that chip on the shoulder a little bit bigger.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
This is the exact moment that Lamar released the ball. Nothing is open underneath and the only one with a step is Likely.

He might have had a short gain to Hill had he held the ball for a half second longer, but it wasn't a missed read or anything.

I've seen the sentiment shared that OBJ kinda half assed his route. I don't have the All-22 to confirm, but if that's true, it hurts. He either draws the safety down and Likely draws DPI (should have anyway) or Likely draws the safety and OBJ is open for a huge gain out of his break. That's painful.

Attachments

• 20240130_073349.jpg
    20240130_073349.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 28

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

"Someone on RSR is saying..." and you automatically believe it?
It's not what I automatically believe AB. I was responding to what "OU" said about rsr.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
the reason he was the MVP regardless of stats was because everyone could see that the offence doesnt work without him being miraculous

we would occasionally see these really cool plays from Monken that were nicely designed but so often the success of the offence was... oh no someone on the OL just lost and no one's open, lamar fix it
Eh, Lamar is Superman during the regular season but shrivels up to Clark Kent during his postseason gameplay. There, I said it!

ginowho

Practice Squad
The roughing call, which was simply a rough encroachment, was ridiculous judgment by our player. The darn clock was stopped. I would love to know what he was thinking.

ginowho

Practice Squad
And the second bad judgment on us was the taunting by flowers. Absolutely unacceptable, especially in a big game.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's not what I automatically believe AB. I was responding to what "OU" said about rsr.
Yea it wasn’t Mili it was me, they were saying some local radio had some inside source. I mean in the end who cares, I will say bringing out Suggs got us a crucial 3 and out. We just fumbled at the one after.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some of the all 22 coming out and it’s clear Lamar and Monken desperately need to get the routes and drops timed better. On our final play with the hold on Likley he was wide open for an easy 4 yard completion or whatever it was at the sticks but Lamar doesn’t throw it and just waits too long.