• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar has the same problem he always has, he's a very emotionally driven, in the moment type of player. When things are going well, and he's just having fun playing backyard style football he's unstoppable. However if you get him frustrated early his play sharply declines.

He's obviously not the only one to blame for the loss by any stretch, but it is an issue he has to get over to ever truly be an elite qb. Or even a truly dependable one in the playoffs.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Lamar has the same problem he always has, he's a very emotionally driven, in the moment type of player. When things are going well, and he's just having fun playing backyard style football he's unstoppable. However if you get him frustrated early his play sharply declines.

He's obviously not the only one to blame for the loss by any stretch, but it is an issue he has to get over to ever truly be an elite qb. Or even a truly dependable one in the playoffs.

Yeah I think he got a bit antsy after the Chiefs scored for the second time and felt like he had to measure up .

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
One thing I will say for anyone shitting on Lamar-

Lamar carved up Houston. The offense eventually settled in and Lamar went absolutely nuts on the Houston defense.

The offense as a whole looked off against KC, but they largely made mistakes that, if avoided, probably leads to a win (someone shared Bateman was open on the fumble, Zay getting a TD not a fumble, DPI on Likely.) These are small plays that if they break the Ravens way lead to a very different game.

Watching the 49ers, Brock Purdy was absurdly lucky. Had probably five dropped interceptions, including one that bounced off the defender's facemask into a 50 yard completion.

The Ravens just didn't have that type of luck break their way.

But again- Lamar had to absolutely stomp Houston to get to the AFCCG. People questioned if Lamar could rise to the occasion and win a playoff game- he did, and he dominated.

He's figuring it out, much like Joe did. He's putting it together.

Hopefully the offense around him and the playcalling can also figure it out in time.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 5906
Guess Bateman was open for a TD but good ole Stanley got beat for a strip sack

Also, they were beating us with a four man rush. But that middle of the field was vacant like this pic shows for most of the game. I guess it doesn't matter when you have to dedicate a TE and/or RB to blocking and that left 4 WR covered by 7 guys. And that's what Lamar was throwing into all game. You have to wonder why either he or at least ONE of the coaches didn't think, "Wait, we need to do something other than throw into double and triple coverage every play." But no. WTF?
Ronnie had a very rough game. I’m done with him. It’s more than this one game for me. I really hate that he even had issues against the Texans and then suddenly turned it on when Lamar yelled at him. I just think this guy is done. He’s our biggest problem on offense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
should have just been offsides and it was done on purpose. Yeah Flowers had an emotional penalty there after a very big play. He's a rookie and a damn good one and will learn from that mistake.

Refs seemed to be calling the game very one sided. If they are going to call unsportsmanlike penalities they should have called atleast one on Travis Kelce.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This hurts to look at. He had room!

*sighs*

On the strip sack, I don’t blame Lamar there for throwing the ball. I am glad he didn’t run and I would take him throwing that ball 10/10 times. The reason is that’s an easy completion and a given. Yes, the run gets you a first and likely avoids the turnover in hindsight but no way would I want Lamar to run that ball. I think him trying to throw it is a good sign of his evolution to be honest and affirms he is not a running QB.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
These seasons are always the most painful, literally nothing matters besides the playoffs. I mean it does but it doesn’t, KC looked awful for so much of the season. I still don’t think they’re that great, I didn’t think they were good last year either.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I really don’t get the continual “analysis” of the Likely pick play. 2nd and 10 on the 25, plenty of time left in the game. There was no need to panic, no need to play hero ball, just stay methodical and take the safe route, especially knowing our defense was on fire. Just poor situational awareness. Regardless of any possible DPI it was a terrible pass and a terrible decision to throw into triple coverage.

Tank

Hall of Famer

This is spot on and something that has to be fixed if he’s to get over the hump.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I really don’t get the continual “analysis” of the Likely pick play. 2nd and 10 on the 25, plenty of time left in the game. There was no need to panic, no need to play hero ball, just stay methodical and take the safe route, especially knowing our defense was on fire. Just poor situational awareness. Regardless of any possible DPI it was a terrible pass and a terrible decision to throw into triple coverage.
What was the safe route?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't want Lamar to run that ball. I think him trying to throw it is a good sign of his evolution to be honest and affirms he is not a running QB.
I'm the opposite.

The man has been trying to throw first his entire career, and I think that's totally fine. But we know he can sling the rock.

When there is a hole that big, just take it. Patrick Mahomes would and no one would suggest he's a run first quarterback.

It's actually my biggest gripe with Lamar- he doesn't scramble enough. Sometimes, you just need to use your God given ability and go.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm the opposite.

The man has been trying to throw first his entire career, and I think that's totally fine. But we know he can sling the rock.

When there is a hole that big, just take it. Patrick Mahomes would and no one would suggest he's a run first quarterback.

It's actually my biggest gripe with Lamar- he doesn't scramble enough. Sometimes, you just need to use your God given ability and go.
I truly hope they don’t let this narrative impact on field decision making. I just wish we could have seen what would have happened if Zay didn’t fumble.

It’s truly unreal our last 3 playoff losses all had turnovers at the god damn 1 yard line. Wtf is that

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully the 49ers don’t overthink it and just pound cmc and deebo all game. It will hurt to watch them run for 250 but hopefully they do