• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing I will say for anyone shitting on Lamar-

Lamar carved up Houston. The offense eventually settled in and Lamar went absolutely nuts on the Houston defense.

The offense as a whole looked off against KC, but they largely made mistakes that, if avoided, probably leads to a win (someone shared Bateman was open on the fumble, Zay getting a TD not a fumble, DPI on Likely.) These are small plays that if they break the Ravens way lead to a very different game.

Watching the 49ers, Brock Purdy was absurdly lucky. Had probably five dropped interceptions, including one that bounced off the defender's facemask into a 50 yard completion.

The Ravens just didn't have that type of luck break their way.

But again- Lamar had to absolutely stomp Houston to get to the AFCCG. People questioned if Lamar could rise to the occasion and win a playoff game- he did, and he dominated.

He's figuring it out, much like Joe did. He's putting it together.

Hopefully the offense around him and the playcalling can also figure it out in time.
Where was that demonstration against the Chiefs and not just in one game versus the Texans? Where was that level of intensity and gameplay against the Chiefs in the 1st AFC Conference Championship game being played in Baltimore? That's my issue! As good and as 'great' as he was during the regular season, Lamar has consistently disappeared in these 'big' playoff games. That is undeniable! Not saying that the loss is all his fault or that he's not figuring it out but he's not a rookie. This is his 5th season as the starting QB of the Baltimore Ravens and he's a former unanimous MVP of the league. While I am not pissing on him whatsoever, my eyes are also open to his 'big game' woes. It's a reality and a narrative that will follow him until he changes it.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where was that demonstration against the Chiefs and not just in one game versus the Texans? Where was that level of intensity and gameplay against the Chiefs in the 1st AFC Conference Championship game being played in Baltimore? That's my issue! As good and as 'great' as he was during the regular season, Lamar has consistently disappeared in these 'big' playoff games. That is undeniable! Not saying that the loss is all his fault or that he's not figuring it out but he's not a rookie. This is his 5th season as the starting QB of the Baltimore Ravens and he's a former unanimous MVP of the league. While I am not pissing on him whatsoever, my eyes are also open to his 'big game' woes. It's a reality and a narrative that will follow him until he changes it.
For sure, really wish Flowers didn’t fumble or we got one last drive

ginowho

Practice Squad
Just wondering...why was it on purpose??? Clock was STOPPED at 2:28 until the ball was snapped. Watched it over and over and couldn't figure out why? Help please lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
On the strip sack, I don’t blame Lamar there for throwing the ball. I am glad he didn’t run and I would take him throwing that ball 10/10 times. The reason is that’s an easy completion and a given. Yes, the run gets you a first and likely avoids the turnover in hindsight but no way would I want Lamar to run that ball. I think him trying to throw it is a good sign of his evolution to be honest and affirms he is not a running QB.
I think this entire season showed his progression as a QB. My thing is that Lamar and this offense did so well with taking what the Texans gave them in the 2nd half. Lamar was much more decisive in taking off with his legs to get the first down and more.

It was talked about for quite some time that the weakness of this Chiefs defense was the rush D. I just felt that if we continued where we left off with the 2nd half of the Texans game, there would've been more opportunities for plays down the field. Oh well.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I seen the all 22, it was actually not that bad of a throw, if likely didn’t get pi he would’ve at least prevented an int
And 35 has his hands all over Beckham.

It's just crazy to me cause Marlon never gets away with this type of shit

Fucking sucks were here talking about this bullshit in a game we know we should have had. Half assed game plan and execution. To lose like this is filthy.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
And 35 has his hands all over Beckham.

It's just crazy to me cause Marlon never gets away with this type of shit

Fucking sucks were here talking about this bullshit in a game we know we should have had. Half assed game plan and execution. To lose like this is filthy.
Yep it’s horrible, I’m not sure if I can watch the super bowl. Hopefully the 49ers just play a flawless perfect game and I can maybe think we would not have beat them or something

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Regretably, I think Monken outcoached Monken

Now I don’t want to trigger anyone…..

But from a non emotional fan of another team it appeared the majority of this loss falls on the head coach. Offensively not running the ball was surprising. It’s what you do. In the game plan meetings it should have been the focus. Make us stop what you do best. Sometimes these coaches think they are going to trick the opposing team by changing their trends. We defend the pass and pressure. He played to our strengths instead of making us play to yours. If Harbaugh signed off on that it’s his fault. If he didn’t he’s simply negligent.

Look like to me the chiefs defense was stacking the box to defend against the run and trusting their cornerbacks to handle the ravens receivers afterwards . Some people think it was a mistake for Monken to not stick with the run game but I understand him trusting that his offense has the receivers to make plays that would eventually lead to the chiefs defense to change their point of attack which would have most likely open up room for the run game .I don't like playing the if game but if Zay Flowers fumble doesn't happen and if he doesn't get penalizes for taunting then I don't know if the chiefs stick to their plan of just stacking the box and etc. It's just simple the offense didn't do enough in the passing game to scare the chiefs defense when it mattered and it wasn't like they couldn't it's just that things didn't go in their favor.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Overall everyone seems to be confused as to what we were doing offensively.

Seems like the blame is on Jackson mostly and then this teammates.

John has a great job (except for Rex Ryan, he has been calling him out for this game)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Look like to me the chiefs defense was stacking the box to defend against the run and trusting their cornerbacks to handle the ravens receivers afterwards . Some people think it was a mistake for Monken to not stick with the run game but I understand him trusting that his offense has the receivers to make plays that would eventually lead to the chiefs defense to change their point of attack which would have most likely open up room for the run game .I don't like playing the if game but if Zay Flowers fumble doesn't happen and if he doesn't get penalizes for taunting then I don't know if the chiefs stick to their plan of just stacking the box and etc. It's just simple the offense didn't do enough in the passing game to scare the chiefs defense when it mattered and it wasn't like they couldn't it's just that things didn't go in their favor.
1st play of game, justice hill was in i believe.. that alone lets me know our intentions was not set on running the ball much.. we be ight though, bounce back next year.. 1st yr coach gotta learn from his mistakes.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
harbaugh, monken, lamar and everyone else who were responsible for us not running the ball is ass

Think about it though. Let's say it was Lamar telling them what he wants.

So if you are John and Monken, you just let him? After seeing it not work for a few quarters?

Yea I dont need John here if and ONLY if this was the case

Tank

Hall of Famer
This is kinda where I'm at. The Chiefs have a top defense, a top DC, and it was always going to be tough whatever we tried to do. We weren't going to be able to run it down their throats and walk over them. While we all wish they would have have run more, as you mentioned it was going to be the pass that set up the run game. And I always thought the path to victory was going to be through the air as it seemed Lamar and the receivers were ready to roll. That and LJ taking off running when he was able were our strengths moving forward through the tournament, but sadly they shit the bed.