• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
1706671288782.png

This was the Travis Kelce touchdown.

Oh man... the more I see. I don't know how you could miss the hands to the face on Oweh, bear hug on Van Noy, and a better angle shows Madubuike getting a hand around his throat.

It really is infuriating.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 5916
This was the Travis Kelce touchdown.

Oh man... the more I see. I don't know how you could miss the hands to the face on Oweh, bear hug on Van Noy, and a better angle shows Madubuike getting a hand around his throat.

It really is infuriating.
It’s annoying to hear chiefs fans just say we were undisciplined when they get away with this shit all the time. I think I hate this team more than New England

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought I was getting a little better but I’m sinking again, this team was like the 91 Redskins, a lock to win it all. Lamar is going to get nonstop hate all off season and next season, he will get mocked when he gets his MVP. What a disaster this turned out to be, fair or not.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I thought I was getting a little better but I’m sinking again, this team was like the 91 Redskins, a lock to win it all. Lamar is going to get nonstop hate all off season and next season, he will get mocked when he gets his MVP. What a disaster this turned out to be, fair or not.
however the 91 redskins has one of the best offensive minds ever and of the best offensive lines ever. They only gave up 9'sacks all year.

we were right up their overall and came up short. it's said but we can't let it get the best of us and any ravens team with a healthy Lamar will always be in contention.

Don't worry about your friends in ohio. They have never ever won anything

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It’s annoying to hear chiefs fans just say we were undisciplined when they get away with this shit all the time. I think I hate this team more than New England
I absolutely refuse to root for the Chiefs, but I might have to for the Super Bowl just because I hate how obnoxious 49ers fans have been regarding Purdy and Lamar. With the Chiefs, at least it'd be ring three and it would be Mahomes pushing to challenge Brady.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Since I'm on a roll with these and I'm just so annoyed, here's an angle of Kelce's touchdown that shows a bobble and potential aid by the ground:

Apparently the stadium showed a clearer replay and fans were pretty irate. Obviously us at home didn't get treated to that replay.

Just makes you wonder why a closer look wasn't taken by the refs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've said it before, but Chiefs got in our heads before we even did the coin toss. It was obvious from the Tucker shit. We should've shut that shit down before the game started. Instead, we let them mind fuck us and then we played undisciplined, tense football.
Yeah I shit myself as soon as I saw the tucker and maulet shit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This isn’t sour grapes, I honestly think Mahomes is overrated, second time he’s scored 0 in a championship game second half. Bailed out by Kelce in this game
Tom Brady heard this every year in regards to Belichick, the defense, and the run game.

You keep thinking a qb is overrated because they don’t ball out, but that same qb is going to Super Bowls every year and beating elite defenses on the road against elite home field advantages.

At some point it’s not about how perfectly a guy plays but how adept that guy is at just winning. We can’t expect everyone to acknowledge Lamar’s carrying despite the stats and then turn around and deny mahomes

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jason Whitlock says the Ravens fell for a race hoax and wanted to go pass heavy to crown Lamar instead of beating the Chiefs. Now that’s his stint and maybe that’s too far, but it’s also not entirely out of bounds when you talk about Lamar trying to prove himself as a passer to prove the running back, quarterbacky, run the 40, play WR, not smart enough to be a passer type people wrong. Dan Orlowskey said Lamar has to win the super bowl for all of black america.

I mean this loss is going to hurt forever, for whatever reason he did not take off on certain plays when there was so much room to run, I truly hope all of the above and just the football reason of wanting to beat Mahomes passing was not the reason for all of this, and it was just a game where you didn’t see the field well. Because that would be a shame. Either way coaching failed

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jason Whitlock says the Ravens fell for a race hoax and wanted to go pass heavy to crown Lamar instead of beating the Chiefs. Now that’s his stint and maybe that’s too far, but it’s also not entirely out of bounds when you talk about Lamar trying to prove himself as a passer to prove the running back, quarterbacky, run the 40, play WR, not smart enough to be a passer type people wrong. Dan Orlowskey said Lamar has to win the super bowl for all of black america.

I mean this loss is going to hurt forever, for whatever reason he did not take off on certain plays when there was so much room to run, I truly hope all of the above and just the football reason of wanting to beat Mahomes passing was not the reason for all of this, and it was just a game where you didn’t see the field well. Because that would be a shame. Either way coaching failed

Never listen to Jason Whitlock. He is the very thing he claims to hate about "race baiters"

This game falls on coaching. I don't care about the narratives and all the noise going on outside.

This kid can't be the answer to the pass and run game and think it will be sustainable. We failed to run the ball. We failed to slow these guys down. and we failed to execute in key moments.

Even the Chiefs knew they had to help Patrick and RAN THE FUCKING BALL so they can set up the play action.

This isn't in defense of Lamar because he needs to play better but if you see your offense is struggling and there are mental mistakes then what the fuck are you doing? Is that not management 101?? Are you not going to call a timeout or huddle and settle your guys down a bit? Seriously.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never listen to Jason Whitlock. He is the very thing he claims to hate about "race baiters"

This game falls on coaching. I don't care about the narratives and all the noise going on outside.

This kid can't be the answer to the pass and run game and think it will be sustainable. We failed to run the ball. We failed to slow these guys down. and we failed to execute in key moments.

Even the Chiefs knew they had to help Patrick and RAN THE FUCKING BALL so they can set up the play action.
Yea he’s too sweeping, he tried to insinuate the refs were for us because they were black lmao.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I was watching a video, that went over our running plays and even when the Chiefs were defending the pass we wereen't getting any runs.

In the 2nd half we started off with 2 runs and got 3 yards. The 3 yards was the run to Flowers.

After that we seemed to abandon the run and we ended up getting 75, 11, 19. 6, 4, 39, 55, 74 and 29 yards. I believe the 74 yard drive was the one that started on the 1 yard line and ended in an interception thrown into triple coverage. The drive before that was Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line.

We definitely did much better passing the ball then running the ball vs the Chiefs. However we didn't lose because we abandoned the run. We lost because of multiple bad calls by the refs and multiple turnovers. Those turnovers doomed us, espeially since we should have had atleast 10 points and maybe more if Lamar has a split second longer to pass to Bateman.