• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Simba

Staff Member
Not to be negative Nancy but do we really think next year Flowers, Lamar, Roquan or Hamilton will all stay healthy? We’re still snake bitten by bad injury luck, we still lost our two best RBs and offensive player this year and considered that a great year health wise. I will never get over this loss
Man I say this with all due respect, but if this game that you had no control over is eating at you this much, you need to find somewhere else to focus your energy. There are much more important things. I respect the fandom but take it easy for your own sake my guy.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We have to expect the criticism that comes with an immensely talented and polarizing QB in Lamar. We dealt with it to an extent with Flacco but social media wasn’t as big back then so this is a bit new for us, but no matter how cliche this is going to sound, we really just have to trust the process and be patient. Sunday gave me a damn good reason to never get overly excited about this team in the future and I’ll be going into their future games as a spectator with a nonchalant attitude. They win, cool. They lose - not the end of the world. It’s just a game.

I can’t overstate how bleak Niner fans felt heading into the season because of Purdy’s injury, Bosa’s contract situation, etc., and look how that fucking turned out lol. You just never know with this sport

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Man I say this with all due respect, but if this game that you had no control over is eating at you this much, you need to find somewhere else to focus your energy. There are much more important things. I respect the fandom but take it easy for your own sake my guy.
Let people cope how they want. I'm sure he'll get over it, but for some people, sports are a huge highlight in their life and something to look forward to.

This game ended that until September and ended it in pretty tragic fashion.

I completely understand people taking it hard and being upset. I don't think anyone should judge that.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
We have to expect the criticism that comes with an immensely talented and polarizing QB in Lamar. We dealt with it to an extent with Flacco but social media wasn’t as big back then so this is a bit new for us, but no matter how cliche this is going to sound, we really just have to trust the process and be patient. Sunday gave me a damn good reason to never get overly excited about this team in the future and I’ll be going into their future games as a spectator with a nonchalant attitude. They win, cool. They lose - not the end of the world. It’s just a game.
It feels a lot more healthy to have that kind of attitude. It hurt a lot in the moment, but I feel better after not dwelling on it too long.

Also people can say what they want about Lamar. He's my guy and I'll support him throughout his time as a Raven

While it was a popular signing, OBJ returned the least dividends of any FA we picked up last year.

Random comment……I could have gone through the TV when OBJ had a short catch for a first down in the 4th and did his little celebration. I mean your down by 10 points, give the ref the ball and get yo ass ready for the next play, it ain’t about you at that point.
I can’t prove it but the old eye test says he’s the slowest WR on our roster. Rarely ever gets separation.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eventually I will

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let people cope how they want. I'm sure he'll get over it, but for some people, sports are a huge highlight in their life and something to look forward to.

I completely understand people taking it hard and being upset. I don't think anyone should judge that.
it's worse knowing how badly the refs called the game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
While I think Whitlock is a complete moron who knows very little about sports, I do kind of find it "refreshing" to see a Black guy call out other media members for race baiting and using race to create agendas. It 1000% exists, its extremely prevalent, and because of "optics", white people can't say a damn thing about it.
I will admit a Jason Whitlock is needed in the universe, but I’d much prefer if that character is played by someone who isn’t Jason Whitlock because my god he is fucking insufferable about it.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will admit a Jason Whitlock is needed in the universe, but I’d much prefer if that character is played by someone who isn’t Jason Whitlock because my god he is fucking insufferable about it.
Early on he was a Lamar can’t be a good QB guy but he changed his view on that at least.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
OBJ tells Lamar: "You change the whole dynamic of the game when you take off!" And then asked Lamar "What the hell is going on?" When a receiver like OBJ tells the QB that he should 'take off' then you know something crazy was going on.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

When we lost, it started raining inside my house.. havent felt like that since my first heart break lmao

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We got some soft ass players on our team and in the nfl…aint no way ill let travis kelce act like he all tough towards my kicker.
Dog someone like Sizz would be over there in Kelce’s fucking face lmao

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I knew he would be gone and yes he’s the best coach and that includes Harbaugh
Yea same. And get ready for more this off season, I think we need to sign Mads, losing some of the others will have to happen but he’s a guy you can build around. Then we’re gonna need to get more playmakers and better O lineman for the offense. Just need to run it back, it’s all we can do, probably won’t be a 1 seed again but maybe that’s better for us