• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm confused, what does this have to do with Zay?
De crediting the alleged victim painting her as violent I guess. I don’t have the energy to defend the guy that cost Lamar the comeback but I also don’t want to lose a first round pick, trade before cut at least

JAAM

Hall of Famer
De crediting the alleged victim painting her as violent I guess. I don’t have the energy to defend the guy that cost Lamar the comeback but I also don’t want to lose a first round pick, trade before cut at least
This won’t hold up though unless this is exactly where Zay’s allegations are stemming from but he’s not even in the video. My sister is absolutely nuts but that doesn’t excuse a man breaking a bone in her face and/or having a gun pulled on her behind closed doors

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This won’t hold up though unless this is exactly where Zay’s allegations are stemming from but he’s not even in the video. My sister is absolutely nuts but that doesn’t excuse a man breaking a bone in her face and/or having a gun pulled on her behind closed doors
zay prolly gonna have to pay her crazy ass off and hope people forget about it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
zay prolly gonna have to pay her crazy ass off and hope people forget about it
Exactly. Zay strikes me as a great kid. The fact he was out there for both playoff games suggests the org is confident he’s innocent. There’s no way they had no idea

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly. Zay strikes me as a great kid. The fact he was out there for both playoff games suggests the org is confident he’s innocent. There’s no way they had no idea

Well....after what they said about Ray Rice lol

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I... wouldn't hope for this one at all...
Yeah, probably not the best way to phrase it, sorry. I mean a situation that seems forgotten, not the scale or especially the activity. Tyreek's situation somehow was completely erased and comes up only occasionally. I really hope it's not true at all, obviously, but it's hard to say now without much more known.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Even if he isnt innocent, cant really punish him till proven guilty.. they probably just went by whatever zay said that was it..

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I really don’t understand what provokes these guys to violence against women. Like if she’s getting on you that bad just let her go man. Walk away.
I believe it is an issue of respect. The idea of being disrespected is a trigger.Not making an excuse, just my opinion of the root of the provocation.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I really don’t understand what provokes these guys to violence against women. Like if she’s getting on you that bad just let her go man. Walk away.
I am sure what I am about to say, has nothing to do with Zay’s case. It is just a general statement:

In my career I have ran across cases that were that were unspeakable, where I understand how a man could snap, but they are very extreme. When domestic violence is talked about, there are a lot of people that post the…..”there is never a reason for a man to ever strike a women.” I always think to myself….if you knew what I knew, you might want to modify that statement.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Outside of the Zay stuff, this is usually a pretty quiet time of the year. But the Ravens (along with many other teams) may be busy trying to get deals done for a void contract guy or two. On February 19th, void deals officially void and the cap hit is what it is. If we're able to extend any of the following before that date, we can move the money around as needed.

Kevin Zeitler
Gus Edwards
Geno Stone
Nelson Agholor
Rock Ya-Sin

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

"Audio from a 911 dispatcher is shedding new light on the incident that occurred at the home of Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Zay Flowers in January.

Just after 7:00 a.m. on January 16, Baltimore County dispatchers sent two officers to Flowers’s neighborhood for a welfare check after receiving an abruptly disconnected inbound call from an unknown woman.

Female answered and was crying, said she didn’t have an emergency, but she seemed in distress when she hung up the phone,” a Baltimore County police dispatcher said."

Not much details other than this to go off on.

Simba

Staff Member

"Audio from a 911 dispatcher is shedding new light on the incident that occurred at the home of Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Zay Flowers in January.

Just after 7:00 a.m. on January 16, Baltimore County dispatchers sent two officers to Flowers’s neighborhood for a welfare check after receiving an abruptly disconnected inbound call from an unknown woman.

Female answered and was crying, said she didn’t have an emergency, but she seemed in distress when she hung up the phone,” a Baltimore County police dispatcher said."

Not much details other than this to go off on.
Yeah piecing it together, it sounds like the incident occurred on 1/16 with the above call. No formal complains until 1/21, when his girlfriend was back in Boston and reported it to local police, who then sent it back down here to Baltimore County.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Outside of the Zay stuff, this is usually a pretty quiet time of the year. But the Ravens (along with many other teams) may be busy trying to get deals done for a void contract guy or two. On February 19th, void deals officially void and the cap hit is what it is. If we're able to extend any of the following before that date, we can move the money around as needed.

Kevin Zeitler
Gus Edwards
Geno Stone
Nelson Agholor
Rock Ya-Sin
Love that new profile pic