• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is weird. Just on OTC and we're down to 5.1 mil in space and it's showing cutting Stanley would now save us 13 mil. Did I miss something?

https://overthecap.com/calculator/baltimore-ravens
it is odd. Spotrac.com has the same numbers and they are typically slower in making changes. The pro rated signing bonus was reduced (1.5m) and there is no restructure bonus (3.4m). All the other numbers are the same.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We’re not going into next season with Bateman as our 2 are we lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Geno Stone says he wants to be somewhere he's appreciated. Just cut Marcus Williams already and re-sign Geno. Geno and Hamilton can be our starting Safeties.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Geno Stone says he wants to be somewhere he's appreciated. Just cut Marcus Williams already and re-sign Geno. Geno and Hamilton can be our starting Safeties.
No, thank you. I love Geno but we have marcus for a reason.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
it is odd. Spotrac.com has the same numbers and they are typically slower in making changes. The pro rated signing bonus was reduced (1.5m) and there is no restructure bonus (3.4m). All the other numbers are the same.
Well that's an astronomical difference. 5 mil extra in cap puts him in the discussion of being cut. Would rather go the paycut route and slow walk this...............but wow.
We’re not going into next season with Bateman as our 2 are we lol
Quit being a hater lol. jk
Would you please go look at the link I left for OTC a couple posts above yours. Williams cannot be be cut.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any opinions on giving extensions to Stephens and Cleveland right now? Might work against our cap with signing bonus but both these guys are going to be integral to our team. They'll be FA's after this year.
Stephens needs to be kept, he's been solid at filling in for every spot in our secondary. Cleveland needs to prove he's worth it this coming season.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is weird. Just on OTC and we're down to 5.1 mil in space and it's showing cutting Stanley would now save us 13 mil. Did I miss something?

https://overthecap.com/calculator/baltimore-ravens
OTC does not have the correct prorated bonus #.

If he's cut/traded before 3/17 (which I highly doubt), it's $8.3M in cap savings.
If he's cut/traded between 3/17 and 6/1, it's $4.3M in cap savings. He's owed a $4M roster bonus on 3/17.
If he's cut/traded after June 1, it's $15M in cap savings, with $6.6M in dead cap in '25.

Note also that RSR, which I usually follow Brian for the best cap info, has the same as Spotrac. The bonus prorations are $11.1M for this year. OTC is only showing like $6M or whatever it is.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any opinions on giving extensions to Stephens and Cleveland right now? Might work against our cap with signing bonus but both these guys are going to be integral to our team. They'll be FA's after this year.
Cleveland makes no sense. He hasn't done anything to earn an extension, and he easily might not even be a starter this year. They're going to add at least two Guards to the mix this offseason.
Stephens would make plenty of sense to extend early if that's the priority. However, I think it'll be a mid-season extension if it happens at all.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stephens needs to be kept, he's been solid at filling in for every spot in our secondary. Cleveland needs to prove he's worth it this coming season.
With Cleveland if he performs good he'll just price himself out. More than likely he's going to be our starting RG and an extension now would be below what the market value will be then.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Cleveland if he performs good he'll just price himself out. More than likely he's going to be our starting RG and an extension now would be below possibly what the market value will be then.
Why would he price himself out? We may not have a single Olineman on a long term agreement beyond '24. If he played well, just pay him. Who else are you paying?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
OTC does not have the correct prorated bonus #.

If he's cut/traded before 3/17 (which I highly doubt), it's $8.3M in cap savings.
If he's cut/traded between 3/17 and 6/1, it's $4.3M in cap savings. He's owed a $4M roster bonus on 3/17.
If he's cut/traded after June 1, it's $15M in cap savings, with $6.6M in dead cap in '25.

Note also that RSR, which I usually follow Brian for the best cap info, has the same as Spotrac. The bonus prorations are $11.1M for this year. OTC is only showing like $6M or whatever it is.
Yeah trying to study this and I really never use Spotrac but there numbers are showing what OTC was showing earlier with the 8 mil savings if cut. Maybe some kind of error happened. Check on it over the weekend to see if any updates but thats the first I've seen with a 13 mil savings pre 6/1

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would he price himself out? We may not have a single Olineman on a long term agreement beyond '24. If he played well, just pay him. Who else are you paying?
Linderbaum could be extended after next year and what I'm saying is we can sign Cleveland now for cheaper than instead of seeing what kind of season he could have. If it's a solid to great season that money is going to jump by quite a lot but this can work both ways. All a roll of the dice but I'd be looking for an extension.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Linderbaum could be extended after next year and what I'm saying is we can sign Cleveland now for cheaper than instead of seeing what kind of season he could have. If it's a solid to great season that money is going to jump by quite a lot but this can work both ways. All a roll of the dice but I'd be looking for an extension.
But I'm not worrying about extending him because I don't think he's earned the extension to begin with. If he was like a starter who played like Simpson last year, OK maybe. Then he gets like a cheaper $5-6M/year deal.

I don't even know what price range we would be targeting for Cleveland. Even at that price above, he hasn't earned that.

I think there's plenty of avenues where Cleveland is in the same exact role in '24 as he was in '23, which is basically the 3rd Guard.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
But I'm not worrying about extending him because I don't think he's earned the extension to begin with. If he was like a starter who played like Simpson last year, OK maybe. Then he gets like a cheaper $5-6M/year deal.

I don't even know what price range we would be targeting for Cleveland. Even at that price above, he hasn't earned that.

I think there's plenty of avenues where Cleveland is in the same exact role in '24 as he was in '23, which is basically the 3rd Guard.
If he played like Simpson I'd be sorry to see him get the extension. It was just a thought to see if we can these two locked up for a couple more years on favorable terms.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he played like Simpson I'd be sorry to see him get the extension. It was just a thought to see if we can these two locked up for a couple more years on favorable terms.
I think we should lock up players that we know are good. We don't know that Cleveland is good.
You wouldn't want to lock him up if he played like Simpson, yet last year, he lost a camp battle to Simpson.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well that's an astronomical difference. 5 mil extra in cap puts him in the discussion of being cut. Would rather go the paycut route and slow walk this...............but wow.

Quit being a hater lol. jk

Would you please go look at the link I left for OTC a couple posts above yours. Williams cannot be be cut.
Never mind then. $25M in dead cap to cut him... jeez.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we should lock up players that we know are good. We don't know that Cleveland is good.
You wouldn't want to lock him up if he played like Simpson, yet last year, he lost a camp battle to Simpson.
Not much of a camp battle. The LG was between Simpson and Sala while Cleveland was taking his snaps at RG and RT. At least thats what I seen in the preseason.