• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
How tf do you even stop from hip drop tackling? How else do you tackle someone from behind thats like 2-3x bigger than you? I feel like most times guys are accidentally in a situation where they have to hip drop tackle. If not, he gonna drag you 20yards..maybe thigh drop tackle? Or leg drop tackle lol.. idk how else youre gonna tackle someone from behind

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Good Luck tackling Derrick Henry with this new ban... works in our favor.
Not that hip drops seemed to really work on Henry. The only way to really stop dude is to hammer the fuck outta his torso and slow his momentum by brute force, and most players can’t pull that off

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How tf do you even stop from hip drop tackling? How else do you tackle someone from behind thats like 2-3x bigger than you? I feel like most times guys are accidentally in a situation where they have to hip drop tackle. If not, he gonna drag you 20yards..maybe thigh drop tackle? Or leg drop tackle lol.. idk how else youre gonna tackle someone from behind
Iirc The rule has language in it that specifically states hip drops that roll through the legs.

But there’s also just wrapping the legs

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
yikes- I feel this rule might be like PI. there are going to be some costly, stupid plays of this year. Mahomes will lose a game on a pick or sack and then we will hear Romo say "OH WAIT JIM" before he gets bailed out and they win

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
New Draft Caps......

Ive personally felt a lot of the Ravens mercy is subpar over the years. I can never find new jackets that I like, only really old stuff. not a fan of the raven on the front of these with all the weird color traces - the classic old bird with the Maryland is pretty cool though. might buy

rossihunter2

Staff Member

they do it in rugby all the time without much issue...

the only thing that makes this a foul is the lift and leg-swing onto the backs of the legs of the ball-carrier (and also btw only ensures they go down, doesn't actually decrease their yardage gain)

if you just drive through the legs