• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m so perplexed about how this offensive line shakes out. It does suck that out of the 5 linemen if I could have replaced any it’s no doubt Stanley, but obviously that’s the hardest and most contractually tough piece.

Vorhees at left guard, powers at right, and faalele at RT makes sense in a vaccume but 2 guys who have never started much making the right side of the line is scary early on. I can see us go tackle in round one but honestly I don’t think drafting a r1 guard makes sense with our holes at WR, edge, and corner.

Simba

Staff Member
I’m so perplexed about how this offensive line shakes out. It does suck that out of the 5 linemen if I could have replaced any it’s no doubt Stanley, but obviously that’s the hardest and most contractually tough piece.

Vorhees at left guard, powers at right, and faalele at RT makes sense in a vaccume but 2 guys who have never started much making the right side of the line is scary early on. I can see us go tackle in round one but honestly I don’t think drafting a r1 guard makes sense with our holes at WR, edge, and corner.
That T, assuming it's a future LT that you want to keep on the left side, could easily slide down into LG for a year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

still very early in the offseason and I'm pretty sure you meant to say Ben Cleveland at right guard, who has been pretty good whenever he has been given the chance at right guard. I like Vorhees and feel he could start but I'd wait to see what we do in the draft and shortly after before you get too concerned. I mean did you see us leading the league in sacks at this point last season?

Baltimorican

Practice Squad

I feel like signing a true backup LT in Josh Jones really frees up Mekari to start. They got solid competitions for those spots already and they haven't even drafted yet.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Do we still go LT in 1st rnd with stanley still on the roster?
Even if we don’t need a Lt this year, we definitely will get one next year. They walked away from Moses and KZ, 2 very good linemen, because of injury concerns / suspected decline. It’s not easy to get a good lt prospect but this year the market is so insanely saturated it could work to our favor. I think we go BPA of corner wr tackle edge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Even if we don’t need a Lt this year, we definitely will get one next year. They walked away from Moses and KZ, 2 very good linemen, because of injury concerns / suspected decline. It’s not easy to get a good lt prospect but this year the market is so insanely saturated it could work to our favor. I think we go BPA of corner wr tackle edge.

and they just redid Ronnie's deal and basically guaranteed him a chance at free agency in 2025
clearly they're not set on Ronnie being here in 2025 and they always talk about BPA because they think of roster building over a more than 1 year period

Harbs has already acknowledged that we're in an (obvious) OL rebuild year

would be pretty shocked if 1 of our first 2 picks isn't OL
would be really surprised if we don't come out of the draft with an OT prospect somewhere

JAAM

Hall of Famer