• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That would be a big mistake. queen over mads?
I dnt think we will let mad walk.. we lost judon and zsmith and both those guys went on to have crazy years so id assume we are worried about mad doing the same….i like mad but idk if the contract would be worth it. Too much uncertainty there for me.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like this !! .
Ravens Mobile: Final Drive: Offensive Tackle Draft Class Is 'Loaded'
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vid...fensive-tackle-draft-class-loaded-final-drive

DJ got us picking OT7. Normally, I would feel iffy picking the 7th prospect in a position group with the 1st rounder… but this class is hella loaded there. This is going to be an interesting draft year to say the least. No idea which position we’ll attack first with this #30 pick.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

DJ got us picking OT7. Normally, I would feel iffy picking the 7th prospect in a position group with the 1st rounder… but this class is hella loaded there. This is going to be an interesting draft year to say the least. No idea which position we’ll attack first with this #30 pick.
If there were HC's, that might be a good target... ;)

Simba

Staff Member
So Madubuike stays? It might not help if he's tagged but this should help big time. Does the increase help us keep more players than we thought?
I mean it doesn't hurt but gotta remember every other team out there also has the same increase. Prices are almost surely going up across the board. Tagging Madubuike always seemed like a given (assuming we couldn't get something long term first) but even more so now.

Simba

Staff Member
Official numbers to look out for...

Madubuike tag number would officially be ~$22.1M

Bateman 5th year option would be ~$14.3M
Oweh 5th year option would be ~$13.3M

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Mims would be an extremely high ceiling guy imo. Super large but has only 8 games played which is concerning cuz it involves an injury problem but what film I've looked at he's a monster. My only thing is I didnt see Kool-Aid drafted and I think I'd rather drink the kool-aid lol.

Now if anybody looks at the link look at pick #29 for Detroit. I like the player but if you click on his name look who he is compared too and then try not to hurt yourself falling from your chair. It's that funny!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Official numbers to look out for...

Madubuike tag number would officially be ~$22.1M

Bateman 5th year option would be ~$14.3M
Oweh 5th year option would be ~$13.3M
Are you tagging him as a DT or DE?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Year by year look at the Salary Cap. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, the salary cap was $40.573M for the inaugural Ravens season. We've come a long way in 30 years.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I mean it doesn't hurt but gotta remember every other team out there also has the same increase. Prices are almost surely going up across the board. Tagging Madubuike always seemed like a given (assuming we couldn't get something long term first) but even more so now.
The tag's a no brainer, now there's no worry about him playing out this year on the tag if we can't get a deal done either. It's a bargain compared to what Chris Jones etc will get.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll be honest... not sure this really changes much of anything. The cap didn't just rise for the Ravens. It rose for everybody.

Makes it more feasible to tag JM without restructuring other contracts, but every player you wanted to keep or sign is simply now more expensive. Including JM himself.