• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So restructiuring Sweat really saves me 21 stars? View attachment 5987
7.5 stars. A june 1 cut saves you 21 stars

That being said Montez Sweat is in the first year of his contract and is unavailable for restructure. If you are in your 1st year or last year of a contract, a player is unavailable to restructure.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A June 1st is only used when the contract is departing from the roster, so the restructures are separate as they are for active contracts. The projected restructure amounts can be found under the far right column, "Restruct. (R)." In case anyone asks, (O) columns are for Original, (R) columns are for Rounded.
Correct, but he can't restructure Sweat due to him being in the first year of his new contract.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
After a lengthy discussion with HC Harbaugh, GM Joe Hortiz and everybody else in the organization that once watched a football game.

The Los Angeles Chargers decided to part ways with "OC" Greg Roman.

Dean A. Spanos
We want to thank Greg Roman that he hasn't started with the job yet as it may have altered the course of this franchise for the foreseeable future. After lengthy discussion we decided that we DO NOT want our franchise QB to regress in every single attribute that makes a good, average or even acceptable QB by playing in a 70s style running scheme to go along with passing schemes that were old fashioned 30 years ago.
My condolences go out to opposing DCs who have to actually gameplan against us now.
Your San Diego Chargers Owner

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
After some discussion, we are making a slight alteration to which contracts are eligible for restructures. Existing contracts that are in their 1st year are now eligible. For example, Montez Sweat, can now be officially restructured (@Thezone27). For obvious reasons, we can't restructure players we've just signed in FA. And players in their last year's are still ineligible. But this should open up some more possibilities to create space.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Is Josh Allen (the other one) considered a LB or DE for Franchise Tag purposes? I have enough space either way, but want to be sure I'm doing it right.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is Josh Allen (the other one) considered a LB or DE for Franchise Tag purposes? I have enough space either way, but want to be sure I'm doing it right.
The majority of his pass rushing snaps are at DE. Thus you will need to use the DE Franchise tag for Josh Allen.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The majority of his pass rushing snaps are at DE. Thus you will need to use the DE Franchise tag for Josh Allen.
The IRL Jags tagged him as a LB, so I went with 24 stars. I won't complain if I'm allowed to tag him as a DE though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please make sure you are updating the BIG BOARD whenever you make a trade. If for some reason you don't have access, please reach out to me and I'll add you to the big board.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Restricted Free Agency starts on Monday night at 7pm and lasts for 24 hours. Everyone needs to have their RFAs ERFAs and Franchised players tendered by Sunday at 7pm or else they will hit free agency.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also we've had limited or no activity from the following:

@Giants56Ravens52 @jmart112189 @DaddyDK @Grim @purplepittabread88 @amikeus9000 @LArams11

Understand a couple of you are busy, but also a large group of new players to the game. If you have any questions or need any help to get you going, please reach out and let one of me, @Truth, @RavensMania, or @DaCiderEarl know.
I’m good just got a lot going on this week (tomorrow is an important day so I am kinda tied) and been working some long hours this week. I plan on squeezing it all in Sunday morning

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Also we've had limited or no activity from the following:

@Giants56Ravens52 @jmart112189 @DaddyDK @Grim @purplepittabread88 @amikeus9000 @LArams11

Understand a couple of you are busy, but also a large group of new players to the game. If you have any questions or need any help to get you going, please reach out and let one of me, @Truth, @RavensMania, or @DaCiderEarl know.
I'm kind of just sitting back too, going to do a bunch of stuff Sunday to get ready for Free Agency and what not. Not a whole lot we can do until we start getting into Free Agency and the Draft with this game.