• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I pondered between Mims, Kool-Aid and Newton for the Packers at 25. Ultimately went with my OT2 (and only need) but great picks. Kool-Aid is CB1.

Simba

Staff Member
I pondered between Mims, Kool-Aid and Newton for the Packers at 25. Ultimately went with my OT2 (and only need) but great picks. Kool-Aid is CB1.
Everyone has their own flavor (pun intended) but I just don’t see it with Kool-Aid. He’s my CB6 as of now so it’s not like I hate him by any means, but feels kinda average across the board than any special traits.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Everyone has their own flavor (pun intended) but I just don’t see it with Kool-Aid. He’s my CB6 as of now so it’s not like I hate him by any means, but feels kinda average across the board than any special traits.
yep. He's 6 on my board as well

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I feel like all of the corners have their warts in some way, just comes down to what people value in a good corner and what the fit is for their teams.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Really like the Cooper pick here. He was my original choice at 2.6 with the Saints until I traded up twice. Couldn't be in consideration for the Ravens because of how loaded the LBs are, but he was at the top of my board. I have some slight concerns with him, but his tape has some eye-opening plays.

Simba

Staff Member
@JO_75 is OTC. I have the pick and its back up for @JungleOfLove.
1711845839625.png

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Was trying to move back into the first round for Penix Jr. and I get him without trading up. Minshew likely will be the starter but if Penix shows a lot in Camp and preseason, he could start week one. @Truth, @JungleOfLove is back on the clock with the Falcons.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
Really like the Cooper pick here. He was my original choice at 2.6 with the Saints until I traded up twice. Couldn't be in consideration for the Ravens because of how loaded the LBs are, but he was at the top of my board. I have some slight concerns with him, but his tape has some eye-opening plays.
To me Cooper is this year's Boom or Bust Guy.
First off I don't think he can be a Mike, much more of an outside guy you get on the edge of the box or outside the box were he can use his athleticism. He is a terrific athlete, running like a missile.
The huge problem I have with him is tackling, he just can't tackle in my eyes. On more than one occasion he got juked by a QB down the field, when blitzing he also just runs by them if they only move a bit, because he always goes for the kill shot. In Madden terms he'd probably have 94 hit power and 31 Tackling.
If he can learn to take a more patient approach or at least figure out when to blow someone up and when to wrap up he could be an absolute nightmare. On the other hand if he can't figure that out his NFL career could be rather short

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
I was contemplating taking Nix at 2.5. just because he was still there
But figured with this guy called Herbert I should rather address a different position