• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 OL Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Caught some of the TexA&M/NC St game and Eric McCoy the center really caught my eye. Anchored during pass rushes and for a center did a lot of pulling which to me shows he's got good feet. Also delivered good initial blocks with one of the guards and then got to the 2nd level to block LBs. seems like a good prospect.

The other center for NC St was the Rimington award winner Garrett Bradbury and man if you want more power he may be the guy. Just throwing a couple center prospects out for you guys.
Bradbury is my guy after Biadasz, and he’s slept on so he may be a third round possibility, although I imagine this will be like last year where the top 2 centers just shoot to the top and get drafted way ahead of where we expected. But for me Bradbury is just a stellar anchor/pusher who could stand to land better blocks on the second level, but when he gets his hands on you, and he will, the play is over for ya.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Going back to Elgton Jenkins since Biadasz is returning to school. Jenkins' tape is fun man. It's not perfect, there's some sloppiness but seriously, he's stupid strong and he's a mean person. I love how he can sustain his block all the way to the whistle. You want to run the ball to tire the defense, this guy is going to squeeze everything out of a DL.

Now I don't know where the NFL sees him going but he's for sure at the top of my wish list.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the end of the 1st, interior linemen would be some of the better players left on the first, so I'd be happy grabbing someone like Ford or Risner. Though there's still a couple skill players I'd take over them.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, after that playoff game and watching Hurst get destroyed and Skura get no push, we absolutely need a new stud guard. There's still one or two guys I'd take over Ford, but he has to be in the discussion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So, after that playoff game and watching Hurst get destroyed and Skura get no push, we absolutely need a new stud guard. There's still one or two guys I'd take over Ford, but he has to be in the discussion.
Bozeman is already better than both Skura and Hurst. Will be interesting who we get in free agency

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's some potentially good pickups at G. At least big improvements over Hurst. Iupati would be a short term guy, but perfect for our offense and is still playing at a high level. Beadles and Cann could be solid additions.

you're right there's some stopgap options but they're old and we would have an incredibly old (and expensive) interior paired with yanda in that case
and there are some players - just not ones i think we will be realistically able to go after

i dont know much about Cann...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
you're right there's some stopgap options but they're old and we would have an incredibly old (and expensive) interior paired with yanda in that case
and there are some players - just not ones i think we will be realistically able to go after

i dont know much about Cann...
Those aren't hitting the FA