• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 QB Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Kyler Murray falls to our first round pick...

Would anyone here find it tempting? The potential trade return later on, the potential to have 2 mobile QBs to choose from and whoever pans out best is the guy, the potential to have a stud backup built for the system if/when lamar May go down...

I think Murray even with his height has a good chance to become a quality nfl qb, and he probably goes well before our pick, but if he is there at 22 is there any thought about it?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Kyler Murray falls to our first round pick...

Would anyone here find it tempting? The potential trade return later on, the potential to have 2 mobile QBs to choose from and whoever pans out best is the guy, the potential to have a stud backup built for the system if/when lamar May go down...

I think Murray even with his height has a good chance to become a quality nfl qb, and he probably goes well before our pick, but if he is there at 22 is there any thought about it?

If he’s there at 22, I’ll be picking up phone calls and asking teams how bad do you want him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean if he falls to 22 then I am pretty sure 21 teams will be saying "eh not that much"
There’s gonna be someone...

We were that someone last year, we aren’t the dumbest FO, I could totally see the raiders desperately trying to trade up

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean if he falls to 22 then I am pretty sure 21 teams will be saying "eh not that much"
Yes and no. There would be top ten teams that thought the studs at that point in the draft were worth more, but that he would definitely be worth a trade up to the late first. Basically like how the Ravens felt about Lamar. And how the Vikings thought of Bridgewater.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Supposedly there's talk that the cardinals could trade Rosen to take Murray #1 overall. An unbelievably stupid move that I could get behind. Please trade Rosen to a real team if that's what they choose to do

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Supposedly there's talk that the cardinals could trade Rosen to take Murray #1 overall. An unbelievably stupid move that I could get behind. Please trade Rosen to a real team if that's what they choose to do
could this be the Patriots next qb or will the Giants, Redskins and Jags get into the mix.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Looks like they want to run the college spread in Arizona.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Easton Stick is putting up good combine numbers. I think he's actually going to be better than a lot of the bigger name QBs in this draft. He looked good in a prostyle offense, and is a true athletic QB, rather than an athlete that got put at QB.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm not so sure about that. Could it be a smokescreen, yes but this is a brand new type of smokescreen and quite honestly if this isn't true it's classless.

not sure how this could or why it would be a smokescreen...
Because my issue is basically the timing of it. Now let me drop a disclaimer: I don't watch much CFB. That being said, I was familiar with Kyler Murray back then and I didn't hear a single peep about any of this during the season or right after.

I understand it's the combine and they have these interviews, but why now?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because my issue is basically the timing of it. Now let me drop a disclaimer: I don't watch much CFB. That being said, I was familiar with Kyler Murray back then and I didn't hear a single peep about any of this during the season or right after.

I understand it's the combine and they have these interviews, but why now?

because teams got to interview him on a formal basis for the first time - including talking to him on the whiteboard etc.

and there have been concerns about murray's commitment to football the entire way round - people werent even sure he'd even play football so its not like any of this is completely out of the blue

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So Kyler Murray maybe not even running at his pro day either - this isnt a lamar jackson situation about speed for me because of the weight he clearly put on at the combine... the fact that he likely isnt running at his proday is a little disappointing and a tad worrying because why not?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So Kyler Murray maybe not even running at his pro day either - this isnt a lamar jackson situation about speed for me because of the weight he clearly put on at the combine... the fact that he likely isnt running at his proday is a little disappointing and a tad worrying because why not?
Andrew Groover‏ @APGroover
Kyler Murray only weighs in at his pro day. No height measurement. Weighs in at 205.

3:49 AM - 14 Mar 2019

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Andrew Groover‏ @APGroover
Kyler Murray only weighs in at his pro day. No height measurement. Weighs in at 205.

3:49 AM - 14 Mar 2019

that makes some sense - he got measured for height at the combine and that's unlikely to change but the weight is a bigger indicator in tandem with the drills and 40 yard dash (if he ran it which it doesnt look like he is) and is more likely to have changed...