• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 DL Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Charles omenihu 3tech from texas, very good looking prospect. Grady Jarrett type, short spark plug kinda guy, FLIES off the ball, he is consistently the fastest off the snap, naturally low, quick feet, quick hands, not the strongest guy with the best push, clear finesse rusher, but does that part very well. Even lines up at edge at times and looks like a natural edge rusher due to how fast he flies off the ball, but his speed to eat up ground after the initial burst is lacking, so keep him inside lol.

More a potential guy than anything. Might need a year or 2 in the weight room and develop some real push, but man the way he splits gaps and shuffled and occupies blockers as he threatens gaps laterally, and the way he flies off the ball is nice.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are so many DT comming out this year its insane. Id take Tillery but he didnt seem to be much of a factor in the pass game vs Clemson. Made some run stops and blocked a FG but we really need a pass rushing 3tech or 5tech.

Christian Wilkins isnt being talked about much and hes had 10 sacks the last 2 years which is solid production. Only issue is hes probably a 2nd round pick and we dont have one. He could go late 1st though

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Charles omenihu 3tech from texas, very good looking prospect. Grady Jarrett type, short spark plug kinda guy, FLIES off the ball, he is consistently the fastest off the snap, naturally low, quick feet, quick hands, not the strongest guy with the best push, clear finesse rusher, but does that part very well. Even lines up at edge at times and looks like a natural edge rusher due to how fast he flies off the ball, but his speed to eat up ground after the initial burst is lacking, so keep him inside lol.

More a potential guy than anything. Might need a year or 2 in the weight room and develop some real push, but man the way he splits gaps and shuffled and occupies blockers as he threatens gaps laterally, and the way he flies off the ball is nice.
Omenihu is more of a 4-3 DE no? Hes listed at 6'6 275 so im not sure hed be a good fit in a 3-4 unless he adds at least 25lbs.

I do agree that everytime ive watched Texas play hes flashed in the backfeild multiple times

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Omenihu is more of a 4-3 DE no? Hes listed at 6'6 275 so im not sure hed be a good fit in a 3-4 unless he adds at least 25lbs.

I do agree that everytime ive watched Texas play hes flashed in the backfeild multiple times
He’s 6’6”??? He looks way smaller on film. Like holy shit I was thinking 6 foot or so... I’ll be checking measurables before posting now lol

But either way I’m personally tired of getting guys to fit the system and instead we gotta just get good players and work with them. We’ve done it with ZDS, McPhee, kruger(eventually), and hopefully we can do it with Tim Williams next. And when he lines up at 3T he looks like he’s got some real potential there, more than anywhere else on the front imo.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marquise Copeland is an interesting prospect out of Cincinnati. Hes a bit undersized listed at 6'2 290 but hes been very productive the last 2 years getting 15.5 sacks. Tough to find game film of him on youtube though....no ones doing anymore cutups of games anymore

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Marquise Copeland is an interesting prospect out of Cincinnati. Hes a bit undersized listed at 6'2 290 but hes been very productive the last 2 years getting 15.5 sacks. Tough to find game film of him on youtube though....no ones doing anymore cutups of games anymore
Definitely Miss draftbreakdown

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
On how to affect a QB:

Put some hits on him. You want him to look at you before he looks at his receivers.
Quinnen Williams, #92

Maybe he returns for senior season and I can hope for another year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I feel like I appreciate Christian Wilkins' tape much more than I did last year. I always thought he was weak and got pushed around way too much, and his fall in the draft circles seems to indicate people feel the same way about him. But I have to say, while he's no Fletcher Cox, he definitely improved in that area and he's not giving ground like he constantly did before. You pair that with his undeniable explosiveness and flexibility, you get a very interesting prospect that might actually still be there in the 3rd due to that insane DL class.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I feel like I appreciate Christian Wilkins' tape much more than I did last year. I always thought he was weak and got pushed around way too much, and his fall in the draft circles seems to indicate people feel the same way about him. But I have to say, while he's no Fletcher Cox, he definitely improved in that area and he's not giving ground like he constantly did before. You pair that with his undeniable explosiveness and flexibility, you get a very interesting prospect that might actually still be there in the 3rd due to that insane DL class.
You must take into account opposition in his case. I don't trust him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I watched the game against TAMU, which is usually a good OL school. He even held up some double teams.
They were actually the worst O line in the SEC this season, in the first 5-6 weeks in particular and it wasn't even close. They would have had to play really good the rest of the season to make up the difference to the next worst line. Lot of young guys but the major issue were veterans.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
They were actually the worst O line in the SEC this season, in the first 5-6 weeks in particular and it wasn't even close. They would have had to play really good the rest of the season to make up the difference to the next worst line. Lot of young guys but the major issue were veterans.
Thanks for letting me know. That changes the narrative. Back to the tape we go.