• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 DL Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I bet good part of it is that he talks less.
It's what I hated with him last year. You saw him celebrate even more than the guy who had the sack so you thought he got some pressure too, then you watch the play again and he was completely out of it. He really was all talk.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's what I hated with him last year. You saw him celebrate even more than the guy who had the sack so you thought he got some pressure too, then you watch the play again and he was completely out of it. He really was all talk.
Lol, on and off the field.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought so too. That's the matchup I watched all game long and he dominated. His power and leverage are much, much better. Added some pop to his game.
His problem on film really only is being consistent with his technique. When he does use great technique hes almost unblockable. He just relied to much on his athleticism at times

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
His problem on film really only is being consistent with his technique. When he does use great technique hes almost unblockable. He just relied to much on his athleticism at times
I think his main problem is he's just soft. That's much improved this year, but he still needs to developp some mean streak. Those things aren't just for OL.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As much as we would all like OL in the first round, depending on the value at pick 22, I could see us taking Zach Allen. He is could be a move piece along our DL and the dL is really the strength of this draft class.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As much as we would all like OL in the first round, depending on the value at pick 22, I could see us taking Zach Allen. He is could be a move piece along our DL and the dL is really the strength of this draft class.
And we have a undeniable knack for hitting up the strength of the class with our first pick. 16: OT. 17: CB. 18: TE. And this year between the edge rushers and DTs I’d be shocked if we didn’t take one first.

Dunno about Zach Allen though, good player but I’d be pretty pissed about what appears to be a pure 5Tech in the first. If we wanna attack the DL/edge I think we need a trade back to get any kind of value, barring a guy like polite falling.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And we have a undeniable knack for hitting up the strength of the class with our first pick. 16: OT. 17: CB. 18: TE. And this year between the edge rushers and DTs I’d be shocked if we didn’t take one first.

Dunno about Zach Allen though, good player but I’d be pretty pissed about what appears to be a pure 5Tech in the first. If we wanna attack the DL/edge I think we need a trade back to get any kind of value, barring a guy like polite falling.
He’s not s pure 5T though. Not at all, he can play a 3T and 5T

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He’s not s pure 5T though. Not at all, he can play a 3T and 5T
Idk man, I don’t see much big play from him at 3T, and his skillset really looks like that of either a 5T or straight up OLB if he were to lose some weight. The kid is an absolute freak and if we took him I’d definitely talk myself into liking it, but I don’t see him as a 3T.

Mainly because his ability to win 1v1 matchups against the OT with a combo of a nasty bull rush and a bit of bend is clearly his best asset, and I just don’t see much 1 gapping plays from him and I think you’re gonna be selling him short by not putting him where he’ll do the most damage. Allen at 3T to me is another square peg.

The thought of Allen at the 5 and Tim Williams at the 7 is highly intriguing though....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk man, I don’t see much big play from him at 3T, and his skillset really looks like that of either a 5T or straight up OLB if he were to lose some weight. The kid is an absolute freak and if we took him I’d definitely talk myself into liking it, but I don’t see him as a 3T.

Mainly because his ability to win 1v1 matchups against the OT with a combo of a nasty bull rush and a bit of bend is clearly his best asset, and I just don’t see much 1 gapping plays from him and I think you’re gonna be selling him short by not putting him where he’ll do the most damage. Allen at 3T to me is another square peg.

The thought of Allen at the 5 and Tim Williams at the 7 is highly intriguing though....
I’m not saying you wouldn’t have him at his strength most of the time, just saying he has the ability to play up and down the line...for thr most part