• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

Derwin James straight up foe Hurst is obvious, wed all rather have James.

However the trade back twice to get Hurst allowed us to get LJ and I believe Andrews or Zeus jr.

Look at the entire trade and I take Jackson Hurst Andrews / Zeus anyday of the week
Yeah it’s hard to analyze because there were so many trades but there is no doubt you can’t say James for Hurst straight up. But I think it could come close if you said Hurst and Andrews for James.

Anyway you slice it you feel like we needed to make the pick of James and could have still found a way to trade up for Lamar. James is simply a game changing type player and we don’t get a shot at many of those. I mean can you picture this secondary going forward with him? And we’d be in position to cut loose of Weddle with a clear replacement.

And the fact remains that we made a 27th over all selection that is absolutely giving us nothing and is showing no sign of giving us anything in the future.

A1A

Veteran
N'Keal must be the 1st pick hands down. I hope they dont get caught up in the hype for guys like AJ Brown and Harmon. Harry is the guy trade guys trade picks go get Jackson his #1.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I’m not going to engage in any sort of bitch fest against our team. The 4th and 9 was the game and we made that play very difficult to complete and Mahomes just made an incredible play.

The dynamic of this team has changed clearly for the better since Lamar took over. I absolutely cannot see us going back to Joe. Let finish the season on a 3 game win streak and ride the momentum into the post season
That sounds good and could certainly happen.

A1A

Veteran
Winning always feels good but I'm on the fence here if that winning streak means 1 more year of Harbaugh.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I figured this would be the game you were waiting for.

This was arguably his best game yet. So idk what you’re insinuating. It’s not that we lost. It’s that I continue to see him in harms way when he shouldn’t be and someone experienced like Joe sees that blitz coming and sets the protection better, plus Joe is more the body type to to take hits and isn’t going to be our long term starter for the future like Lamar is. I don’t fucking get why everyone is so short sighted , if Lamar is the real deal let’s not prematurely blow it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Guys this was always gonna be a loss - ravens never win 4 in a row...

As it is I’m not that mad about this loss - like I’m annoyed that we couldn’t get it done and I understand why so many are pissed but I’m just not that mad at all - yes we didn’t get over the line but there were so many positives to take away from this game

I just hope Lamar is ok - he said the X-rays came back negative so should be good but I’m never 100% sure with the ravens

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
As bad as this loss hurts, I still think we could win the last three games. If we rack up another 200 yards rushing next week we should get the win.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
N'Keal must be the 1st pick hands down. I hope they dont get caught up in the hype for guys like AJ Brown and Harmon. Harry is the guy trade guys trade picks go get Jackson his #1.

I think Harry is going top 15. He won’t reach us

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Winning always feels good but I'm on the fence here if that winning streak means 1 more year of Harbaugh.
Well we have generally found a winning formula with Lamar .

The big question is whether Biscotti feels Harbaugh and his staff are the best fit for Lamar .

I have my doubts as I’m sure Biscotti does to but is it enough to fire the entire coaching staff and bring in someone else?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was arguably his best game yet. So idk what you’re insinuating. It’s not that we lost. It’s that I continue to see him in harms way when he shouldn’t be and someone experienced like Joe sees that blitz coming and sets the protection better, plus Joe is more the body type to to take hits and isn’t going to be our long term starter for the future like Lamar is. I don’t fucking get why everyone is so short sighted , if Lamar is the real deal let’s not prematurely blow it.
We aren’t being short sighted, we truly believe we have a better chance to win with Lamar. We will agree to disagree.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If Lamar is the real deal, he needs to play. Blow it when then, next year? Or sit him 2 seasons?

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
We aren’t being short sighted, we truly believe we have a better chance to win with Lamar. We will agree to disagree.

That’s true only in the sense that we’re riding Lamar in a way that’s to me irresponsible , using him to mask deficiencies on defense. I’m not 100% sure either way but if the running game could keep going even at 60% what it is now, Joe being the better passer with experience I think makes the offense still good even if it can’t dominate TOP. And then we aren’t risking our future qb by asking him to put his body on the line week in and week out, especially come playoff time if we make it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That’s true only in the sense that we’re riding Lamar in a way that’s to me irresponsible , using him to mask deficiencies on defense. I’m not 100% sure either way but if the running game could keep going even at 60% what it is now, Joe being the better passer with experience I think makes the offense still good even if it can’t dominate TOP. And then we aren’t risking our future qb by asking him to put his body on the line week in and week out, especially come playoff time if we make it.
You play to win the game.

What makes you think he will be cleared to play