• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hes been a liability all year. I honestly think hes our weakest link on defense at this point
I completely agree. He’s slow to the ball , doesn’t have good instincts. I mean look at that duck Mahomes thew. That should have been picked . Any free safety worth his salt picks that Boller like throw. Instead the Chiefs receiver almost caught it .

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
After watching this game , it is painfully clear that we need a new free safety . Jefferson at SS is not that good either but Weddle is done .
Put a fork in him .

Still not a single interception this year .Unacepptable for a free safety .

While I like him....I have NEVER been sold on Weddle whatsoever. Today's game further cemented my views about his deteriorating gameplay and the other DB's can't tackle themselves out of a wet paper sack. SMH!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Derwin James straight up foe Hurst is obvious, wed all rather have James.

However the trade back twice to get Hurst allowed us to get LJ and I believe Andrews or Zeus jr.

Look at the entire trade and I take Jackson Hurst Andrews / Zeus anyday of the week

I’m not going to engage in any sort of bitch fest against our team. The 4th and 9 was the game and we made that play very difficult to complete and Mahomes just made an incredible play.

The dynamic of this team has changed clearly for the better since Lamar took over. I absolutely cannot see us going back to Joe. Let finish the season on a 3 game win streak and ride the momentum into the post season

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I 100% do not believe that we should put Flacco back in, but I could make a good argument as to why we may. The interior of the line has absolutely shit the bed against every competent Dline we've faced. This has caused Lamar to have to scramble quite a bit. When he gets to the outside, we've seen more than a few times, someone gets called for holding. These penalties that back us up 10 yards really ruin the entire drive because Lamar isn't a refined enough passers to consistently get us out of those situations. Putting him in those situations are where he is most likely to make mistakes. We've seen him fumble quite a lot and throw a lot of interceptions for the amount of passing attempts he has. We've also seen him put the ball in the dirt or behind the receiver quite a lot. We've also seen him make at least 5 or 6 mental errors in not throwing the ball away or going out of bounds or not getting the play off etc. This kid has shown me that he is going to be a damn good football player, one that has me more excited than I've been in a long time. I think that he needs to play in these games to improve and work on those issues, especially considering in my opinion, despite those issues, I think he gives us the best chance to win. I genuinely believe that the coaching staff may want to give the position back to Joe if they think they're going to lead a playoff push. I would disagree, but I wouldn't be surprised. But please everyone, stop fighting with each other just because you disagree.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Weddle leaving will be bittersweet....

But man he can recruit. He's got a future as a college HC or in a NFL FO very soon

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m not going to engage in any sort of bitch fest against our team. The 4th and 9 was the game and we made that play very difficult to complete and Mahomes just made an incredible play.

The dynamic of this team has changed clearly for the better since Lamar took over. I absolutely cannot see us going back to Joe. Let finish the season on a 3 game win streak and ride the momentum into the post season
Easier said than done. Agree though. I don't think we'll make it but we need to give it our absolute best 3 shots.

A1A

Veteran
you know, deshon elliot might have been a useful player for us this year had he not been on IR

Oh my bad these days I cant tell if our rookies are really "hurt" or coach is just pulling his best impression of Bill. Shhh let's not release any injury reports and catch our opponent by surprise with a player WE dont even know much about. It's funny to hear coach talk up Boyle like hes a rookie. When Boyle goes and plays for the Pats next year watch out! Also remember Juice?? Yea...smh another one that the staff just didnt know how to use. "He was just to fast for a FB and didn't fit our scheme."