• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this game gives the team some juice moving forward. They took it to the chiefs and honestly did everything but finish, they played the chiefs better than any team but the rams and pats, they showed the nfl that defense and run game can slow down any game and turn it into a slobber knocker no matter how high flying your offense is. I think that now, our guys will be confident going forward that they have laid the foundation for what it takes to win, regardless of the opponent. We don’t have to counter teams, we don’t have to overcompensate or worry about offensive matchups and exploits, we run the goddamn rock and punish teams into submission, and it works, as long as our defense doesn’t blow it and give up a late miracle play

And THAT'S the issue that has been the Achilles heel for this team for a few seasons now.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m pissed because Mosley was in position and slipped, how fucking unlucky and typical of the ravens.

Mosley needs to be 15-20 lbs lighter next year or he won’t be worth the money. He’s gotten too heavy and it’s a problem. His best year was his rookie year when he was playing in the upper 230s/lower 240s
...and Daryl Smith, who played at all pro level.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@allblackraven I'll loop you in here, but...

Yeah, I mean, Mosley wasn't in terrible position, but that's not a battle I'd like to have out on the field on fourth down. It certainly perplexes me that the Ravens, with Humphrey, Carr, Young, and Smith, didn't feel comfortable going man and putting their faith in their receivers on fourth down.

idk - zrebiec seemed to suggest humphrey came out at the end of the game - maybe part of his lingering injury - i dont remember him being on the field for that snap but i may be wrong - that might have had something to do with the call

and lets remember that the play doesnt happen without mahomes escaping right and making an incredible throw across his body to hill in stride - that ball placement isnt perfect and we win the game, 1 second later on his escape and ZDS sacks him and we win the game

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
idk - zrebiec seemed to suggest humphrey came out at the end of the game - maybe part of his lingering injury - i dont remember him being on the field for that snap but i may be wrong - that might have had something to do with the call

and lets remember that the play doesnt happen without mahomes escaping right and making an incredible throw across his body to hill in stride - that ball placement isnt perfect and we win the game, 1 second later on his escape and ZDS sacks him and we win the game
On that note - Marlon had a pretty rough one today.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also completely separately - will again be interested in the All-22 to see Chuck Clark's full body of work but he's looked good so far - and nice bonus for him that he gets our first INT in a long time thrown right to him
Chuck was not good today. I’ve been excited about him getting playing time but he couldn’t tackle to save his life today. He legitimately looked like Matt Elam trying to tackle. He’s not too bad as a deeper zone guy but man was I disappointed today

Taze

Practice Squad
Also to add I would have bet money that this was going to be Montgomery's coming out party. He would have carved that defense up. Dude is a match up nightmare. Dump passes and slants also nice on the screens...But no we barely used him. Head scratcher. The Packers would have put him all over the place.
The complete lack of production and interest of 32 teams say otherwise

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
sidetone I really hate TJ Watt. He acts like such a drama queen. Really fits the Steelers. Watch him on any play that doesn't go his way he bitches non stop at the refs. Ive seen it before but if you watch steelers raiders highlights.. yikes

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
sidetone I really hate TJ Watt. He acts like such a drama queen. Really fits the Steelers. Watch him on any play that doesn't go his way he bitches non stop at the refs. Ive seen it before but if you watch steelers raiders highlights.. yikes
Damn. That's merely the opposite of his brother.