• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

JAAM

Hall of Famer
“Just say ‘no’ to Joe”

- brought to you by Ravens fans that have seen the same thing for over 10 years.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dude I’m sorry but Lamar got hit a bunch today. Sure the injury was in the pocket but that’s also because he’s a rookie and isn’t as experienced at reading the blitz and setting protections. We definitely are risking him by playing him while his passing game is up and down.

He needed an amazing punt return to get into position to throw that touchdown. And it was one of those plays that if it works it’s an easy td- to
His credit he threes a good ball. I’m not saying Lamar sucks and can’t throw at all. He’s just not consistent enough right now.

So basically we don’t know that we’d have ZERO running game with Joe. I don’t think it’s logical to assume it’d be just as good but I think it could be good enough to make the offense much better than it was earlier in the season when there wasn’t a running game.
So you’re saying joe sees a blitz better from the pocket?

Tru11

Practice Squad
Idk, you might be right but there were also plenty of passes Lamar missed that generally Joe wouldn’t. But I don’t want to see Lamar get banged up while he’s still working out his passing game. TOP helps for sure and is the biggest argument in favor of playing Lamar, I just don’t want to sacrifice the long term future for short term success

any example of passes?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
On the bright side. With the broncos losing bad rn and the Dolphins having to go to Minnesota next week i think 9-7 will get us in. Dont think the colts ein their next 3 tbh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They don't play each other. Titans have Skins, Giants and Colts
Dolphins have Vikings, Jax and Bills

I think Titans make it as the 2nd WC
And we miss by a game again....

If Steelers loss this ga,s I think there is a decent chance we win division

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
On the bright side. With the broncos losing bad rn and the Dolphins having to go to Minnesota next week i think 9-7 will get us in. Dont think the colts ein their next 3 tbh.

Perhaps i doubt the titans beat the giants and the dolphins probably lay a egg just need to win and hopefully the cowbotys beat the colts

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Flacco fans still don't get it. If Joe played we never get into position to beat the Chiefs in the first place.
And to use one of your favourite arguments - Lamar won us the game with TD pass to Smoke. D let us down, giving 2 4th down conversions on that drive.

All conversation about who should be our QB needs to stop.

A1A

Veteran
I'm not ready to say Lamar isnt good but he definitely has a lot to learn....like a lot. Now it's done already but going back to the draft geez. The argument is that we got more draft picks on the back end. Go back and look. We could have gotten all the players we got by just drafting them a bit earlier. I see we got Jalel Scott in the 4th um yea..we should have just drafted Andrew's in the 1st lol.
Lasley is just sitting on the bench. Young and Averett I have faith in. Why did we go so heavy on TE yet again tho...we still had a guy named Maxx. If that was the case trade him or cut him why do we feel the need to keep all these guys that are only cutting into the progression of our rookies? Same thing with our LB's. Elliott should just start over Jefferson at this point, let's see what the kid has. Or lets just keep the "Vets" out there all game. Crabtree really the guy we all wanted 4 years ago but the FO was scared to pull the trigger. No this isnt a rant following a loss this has been on my mind and many loyal fans since last year. Get it together and fire the coaching staff for the millionth time. They cant develop WR's or QB's. The defense has been running on fumes the last few years while we draft guys like Corre...whatever his name was. I was like who??! Then he doesnt pan out shocking! Then Bowser over Schuster. If you guys let this coaching staff ruin Jackson and we're drafting another QB in 5 years I might just hang up my jersey.