• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and the Yucs

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two games left . Time for Weddle to get a pick .
I fear that Weddle has lost a step and close to being a liability.
Lamar will not last long if he keeps taking hits. good to see him fall and run out of bounds.
I haven't watched the whole game yet maybe tonight
they won't be able to afford turnovers Saturday night
Yesterday was another example of Weddle being overly aggressive. He's gambling a lot, which per se isn't a bad thing. But in crucial situations he undercuts the short routes and leaves his CB's in a bad position. He just hasn't got the speed anymore (he turned into weedle). He undercut Evans routes, but Evans hadn't stopped his route yet -> result another 1st down for the bucs instead of 4th down.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yesterday was another example of Weddle being overly aggressive. He's gambling a lot, which per se isn't a bad thing. But in crucial situations he undercuts the short routes and leaves his CB's in a bad position. He just hasn't got the speed anymore (he turned into weedle). He undercut Evans routes, but Evans hadn't stopped his route yet -> result another 1st down for the bucs instead of 4th down.
Well you would think that he would have at least one pick if he's being so aggressive.

He has lost more than one step and is done as a Raven.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well you would think that he would have at least one pick if he's being so aggressive.

Any time that Weddle has been in position to make a play, he's mistimed the jump for the ball and/or has just dropped it. He's definitely past his prime at this point and we should be moving on after this season.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing about Weddle that might appear to be harmless but is not is his lack of care regarding nutrition. When you're almost 34, you should be a nutrition freak...and judging by his habits..he's not.

flynismo

Practice Squad
No team has been able to do those things yet, no matter how hard they commit to it, they know it’s coming and they can’t stop it, is the chargers talent level gonna be the difference there? I’m not so sure but we’ll see. And he has responded in obvious pass situations before, definitely not consistently, but a few quick drives before the half to get us into fg range are a little encouraging. For me I just think this little bit of protecting is the obvious thing to do, I’d rather see him playing a comfortable game for now and getting his confidence up and winning, than to force things he’s not ready for. This offseason will be big for him.

I think the Charger's talent level is going to be the difference here, yes. With Bosa and Ingram at DE and James at S, that is downright frightening to me. The options those three in particular give their defense is going to be hell to contend with, especially given our inconsistent OL. Obviously I am hoping to be very wrong about that; this is a must win game for us. But it's one thing to impose our will on a KC or TB defense. I suspect a lot of college teams could do that. It's a whole different ball game against a quality D like we'll be seeing next week. I'll be content if we just do not turn the ball over 3+ times to be honest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly! He’s making plays he wasn’t making a few weeks ago, and it’s been a trend for him, every week or 2 you see these subtle improvements and it’s encouraging.

However, I believe in his down to down accuracy less than you, and we’re still trying to win games, and dialing up those throws too often will lead to wasted snaps, turning into 3rd and long, and a punt.

on most drives we're almost guaranteed to get 10 yards in 2 downs - which basically makes 2nd down a free shot - sometimes that will lead to a 3 and out but it also basically gives us a free down to play with on every few drives as long as 1st and 10 gets us ahead of the chains (which it often does)

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I believe he's done as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@Florida Raven Fan
there is no question we'd have very little running game without Lamar. Just watch the previous 9 games and don't tell me it was because of Collins and Allen, that's only part of it. Would the running game be better because Orlando Brown is playing and Dixon is back, probably, but not much.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Florida Raven Fan
there is no question we'd have very little running game without Lamar. Just watch the previous 9 games and don't tell me it was because of Collins and Allen, that's only part of it. Would the running game be better because Orlando Brown is playing and Dixon is back, probably, but not much.
Can’t believe it took Hurst getting hurt for Brown to play. I’d really like to know whose decision that actually was. If John then he needs to look in the mirror and learn from this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can’t believe it took Hurst getting hurt for Brown to play. I’d really like to know whose decision that actually was. If John then he needs to look in the mirror and learn from this.
he has done this on multiple occasions, if in fact it was him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah he has but some times it was justified but I didn’t see it with Hurst over Brown and I actually think Hurst's better than most give credit.
I absolutely agree Hurst is better than given credit for, but he's not a good run blocker, except for maybe combination blocks as a guard. As I recall he was very good at these last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
he has done this on multiple occasions, if in fact it was him.

he did it with Willie Henry too, he did it with Marlon, kenny young, orlando, edwards (and looked like he was gonna do it with dixon until dixon got injured too)

ill give him credit for not doing it with guys like Tavon, Mark Andrews, michael pierce

but more often he's way too hesitant (or flat out wrong) with the rookies

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
he did it with Willie Henry too, he did it with Marlon, kenny young, orlando, edwards (and looked like he was gonna do it with dixon until dixon got injured too)

ill give him credit for not doing it with guys like Tavon, Mark Andrews, michael pierce

but more often he's way too hesitant (or flat out wrong) with the rookies
I’d love to know if it’s Harbaugh or the coordinators deciding who plays.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d love to know if it’s Harbaugh or the coordinators deciding who plays.
The head coach decides the starting lineup, I guarantee he chose skura over Bozeman, hurst over brown, Boyle over hurst, and he’s deciding to scratch Tim Williams all these weeks