• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
only the stuff from zrebiec which he asked at harbs presser - Timmy's healthy but is basically in the doghouse for either not having kept up his weight or for being underprepared

i hope he's active but its not sounding good

I think even an under-prepared Timmy could do more on the field than what Bowser has been showing. Tired of Harbs' doghouse bullshit with certain players.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
we're clear underdogs
i will say this that they are a much less impressive team at home ironically

They have no home field advantage. More often that not, you hear reports of how the away team is taking over. Not sure how well ravens fans will travel with it being so close to the holidays, but definitely gonna be quieter than Arrowhead.

Looks like the Ravens are coming in as healthy as ever and the Chargers are healthy as well. Gonna come down to game plan and execution. we’ll see who the better team is. If you want to prove that you can make a run in the playoffs, ya gotta win these games.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They have no home field advantage. More often that not, you hear reports of how the away team is taking over. Not sure how well ravens fans will travel with it being so close to the holidays, but definitely gonna be quieter than Arrowhead.

Looks like the Ravens are coming in as healthy as ever and the Chargers are healthy as well. Gonna come down to game plan and execution. we’ll see who the better team is. If you want to prove that you can make a run in the playoffs, ya gotta win these games.
Not even about proving anything at this point lol, you gotta win these games to even have a chance to make it

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Not even about proving anything at this point lol, you gotta win these games to even have a chance to make it

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from them against quality teams like the Saints and the Chiefs. I think this is a very winnable game.

People doubting the Ravens for the right reasons. Chargers are hot. 3 extra days of rest. Mostly healthy. Ravens traveling cross country. As long as they play the Ravens style and dominate possession, this is anyone’s game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve liked what I’ve seen from them against quality teams like the Saints and the Chiefs. I think this is a very winnable game.

People doubting the Ravens for the right reasons. Chargers are hot. 3 extra days of rest. Mostly healthy. Ravens traveling cross country. As long as they play the Ravens style and dominate possession, this is anyone’s game.
Honestly I just think the chargers are too good, they might be the best team in the league, and to me the ideal super bowl matchup would be saints/bears and chargers because they’re just the best and most complete teams. I just think they can beat us too many ways.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rivers was getting LIT up early on in their game against KC. If we can get in his face and start knocking him around then the Chargers are beatable. It's not going to be easy and, yes, the Chargers are possibly the best team in the entire league right now, but we definitely have a shot.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

And there lays the question; "Can these present Ravens win these 2 games?" To be honest, I'm not sure they can.

Man, don't I hope that they can prove me wrong and put the entire AFC on notice as well with a dominating performance...1st over the Chargers and then ride that momentum back into "DA BANK" and smoke the Brownies.

GO RAVENS!!

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think even an under-prepared Timmy could do more on the field than what Bowser has been showing. Tired of Harbs' doghouse bullshit with certain players.
I kid you not, I keep forgetting that Bowser is on the field. That's how little of an impact that he has. But you know good ole Harbs, he's stubborn to a fault.

Yes, you've got it right. It's if Pit wins both which denies the Ravens the division and puts them in the WC tiebreaker.

SoV is a problem against the Colts at 9-7, which is why the most likely 9-7 scenario for the Ravens to get in includes:

WAS beats TEN in W16 (TEN 7th loss)
TEN beats IND in W17 (TEN wins div tiebreaker with IND based on 4-2 div record)
MIA loses 1 more game (Have to beat them outright, because they have conference tiebreaker against Ravens)
BAL wins either of the next 2 games. In this case, the Ravens win the tiebreaker at 9-7 based on HTH.

WAS is a longshot to beat TEN, but that's the game the Ravens really need on Saturday to have any margin for error entering the Chargers game.
Yeah - there are a few scenarios that will allow us to get in if we lose either of our last two, but they are really very unrealistic. We've had shit go wrong in games that we had every reason to expect to go our way, so I'm not expecting any long shot favors from these teams - especially ones that have basically given up.

I've resigned myself to the reality that if we lose, we're done.

If he is unprepared - then that's a reason to not start him. A dog house is for a player who is the best option to play and doesn't because the coach is trying to teach him a lesson.

What lesson is Harbs trying to teach him? If there is no other reason than he's been hurt and sick (which caused him to miss some games earlier) and then has shown he's not prepared in practice, how does that qualify as being in a dog house?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If he is unprepared - then that's a reason to not start him. A dog house is for a player who is the best option to play and doesn't because the coach is trying to teach him a lesson.

What lesson is Harbs trying to teach him? If there is no other reason than he's been hurt and sick (which caused him to miss some games earlier) and then has shown he's not prepared in practice, how does that qualify as being in a dog house?
So being injured makes you unprepared and deeerving of the doghouse even when healthy, then how the hell does jimmy smith have a job here?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Well I am leaving for Pittsburgh to do Christmas with the in-laws, so I will be watching the Chargers game on Saturday at their house. I hope things turn out okay for us, like they did last year when I watched the game at their house and we beat the Colts 23-16. We just got to win because the next day, if the Saints also pull off a win....it is going to be Oooh So Sweet!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, you've got it right. It's if Pit wins both which denies the Ravens the division and puts them in the WC tiebreaker.

SoV is a problem against the Colts at 9-7, which is why the most likely 9-7 scenario for the Ravens to get in includes:

WAS beats TEN in W16 (TEN 7th loss)
TEN beats IND in W17 (TEN wins div tiebreaker with IND based on 4-2 div record)
MIA loses 1 more game (Have to beat them outright, because they have conference tiebreaker against Ravens)
BAL wins either of the next 2 games. In this case, the Ravens win the tiebreaker at 9-7 based on HTH.

WAS is a longshot to beat TEN, but that's the game the Ravens really need on Saturday to have any margin for error entering the Chargers game.
I think WAS could beat TEN. I think that’ll be an ugly defensive game honestly. WAS has a good DL and run defense going against TEN and that’s their strength I would say.

Well I am leaving for Pittsburgh to do Christmas with the in-laws, so I will be watching the Chargers game on Saturday at their house. I hope things turn out okay for us, like they did last year when I watched the game at their house and we beat the Colts 23-16. We just got to win because the next day, if the Saints also pull off a win....it is going to be Oooh So Sweet!
If we win I’m requesting you permanently watch the games there. You must do this for the team!!!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
FUCK the Chargers and Merry Christmas to all! Probably be more Ravens than Chargers fans in the stadium.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I do . Just not at this time .My sister in law lives in LA. Lots of holdover Raiders fans in LA when there was no team in LA.
The Raiders completely fucked up this entire thing. LA was for the Raiders, but nooooooo, Mark Davis though. I mean how crazy is it that this Monday could be the last night they play in Oakland.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Raiders completely fucked up this entire thing. LA was for the Raiders, but nooooooo, Mark Davis though. I mean how crazy is it that this Monday could be the last night they play in Oakland.

Very crazy! I use to live out near Oaktown when I was a kid way back in the day and I absolutely loved the Raiders. I still have a special place in my heart for the Silver and Black.