• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know what you mean, the Steelers knocking us out of the playoffs in the 70's broke my young heart. I hated the Steelers. When the Raiders beat us, I was just glad it was not the Steelers again....lol.
Raiders and the double overtime game. Is that the one you are talking about.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yes - it can happen that a team comes out a little flat to start a game after rest. Its the end of the game where the difference is made and given Chargers recent knack for come from behind wins and our inability to stop a final drive in games where the season is on the line (in the KC game this year and games in past years) the extra rest is scary. No lead is going to feel very comfy - and that's if we get a lead.

I saw this scheduling disadvantage from the day they shifted our game to Saturday. At the time, KC was the hot team and everyone looked at that game as an automatic loss, but I viewed this game on par with that in terms of difficulty. Aside from the rest aspect of it, there is the preparation aspect of it. LAC has had a little extra time to really look at film on the Ravens with Lamar and get a plan.

Honestly, if I were to play prognosticator - I'd feel compelled to go with LAC for my pick, with the difference maker being the short week for us and the long week for them.
Absolutely, I am trying to keep a positive attitude. Yes I am upset that we got smacked down by the Panthers, just heartbreakingly missed taking the Saints to OT, and blew opportunities to beat the Browns, and we put ourselves in this position that it is all or nothing tonight. On the other hand, I have been excited with watching Lamar, Gus the Bus, Snead, and Andrews play their hearts out. I feel like if we are going down, we are going down swinging and I think I can live with that. Ever since Lamar took over I feel energized in a way I can't explain very well. I guess I just really like this young man we have at quarterback. He won me over! I am exuberant to root for him....yeah I knew I would suck at explaining my feelings about our team...so let me just say Go Ravens Baby! I am on the Lamar train!!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah I still liked the Raiders with that wild man John Madden on the sidelines in the winter in a short sleeve shirt. I used to thinktthey had cool helmets. Silver and black with a guy with an eye patch....lol I also had friends on the Overlea Raiders where I grow up in Northeastern Baltimore.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I still liked the Raiders with that wild man John Madden on the sidelines in the winter in a short sleeve shirt. I used to thinktthey had cool helmets. Silver and black with a guy with an eye patch....lol I also had friends on the Overlea Raiders where I grow up in Northeastern Baltimore.
I still like there uniforms. Love Black and Silver

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know I am speaking in hypotheticals, but if Lamar and company can beat the Chargers tonight and can destroy the Browns next Sunday at home and we get a wildcard or win the division, would this change your perspective? I am torn, on one hand we have been close even with some devastating injuries and some draft busts the last few years. On the other hand, he chose Cam, Trestman, and Pees as his coordinators, something that caused me much pain the last few years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know I am speaking in hypotheticals, but if Lamar and company can beat the Chargers tonight and can destroy the Browns next Sunday at home and we get a wildcard or win the division, would this change your perspective? I am torn, on one hand we have been close even with some devastating injuries and some draft busts the last few years. On the other hand, he chose Cam, Trestman, and Pees as his coordinators, something that caused me much pain the last few years.
I have mixed feelings. Although I’m a strong supporter of Harbaugh, I do feel he needed to be replaced. Sometimes coaches where out their welcome or the message gets stale. I’ve never liked the coordinators that Harbaugh has chosen, imo, it’s a huge weakness and also seemingly not starting the best players, which I’m not going to get into. All that said, even though I wanted a new coach, I’m curious to see how Harbaugh performs in year two of LJ and his growth from year 1 to 2, knowing that Urban will most likely be here as LJs QB coach.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d take another playoffs miss to get harbs fired but I think he’s gonna stay either way

I expect a blowout tomorrow night. Talking about extending harbaugh has me realizing this IS the same old ravens and we are gonna end this season in same old ravens fashion.

Tongue in cheek statement, I don’t think that has anything to do with it, but short week vs long week, west coast trip, one dimensional offense with a defense that blows it in big moments, vs the most complete team in the league, against a qb who has historically lit us up every time we face him.. I usually have an optimistic feeling when we’re facing one of these top teams and we’re playing kinda hot, but a complete chargers team led by Philip Rivers sounds like our nightmare.
If you expect this to be the same old same old wouldn’t you be expecting a game that we have almost in the bag and have a soul crushing play to turn the game against us?

That is more like us than getting blown out.

I’d take another playoffs miss to get harbs fired but I think he’s gonna stay either way
Based on yesterday’s news it sure seems that way. The only conceivable thing would be we collapse Biscotti then doesn’t have the desire to aggressively pursue an extension and but is willing to keep him for a whole season with Lamar and see how that goes. Then Harbaugh doesn’t want to stay without a long term deal and wants out.

Barring that we have to hope all the problems were about Flacco and he proves to be an effective HC for us going forward.

I was at that game. Ted Marchabroda tried to cling to a 3 point lead for 3 possessions which led to the overtimes. I hated the Steelers so rooted for the black and silver (of course not that day).

Went to the Pats game that finished the season and got us in. We were down 21-3 early in the 2nd half and came back to win.

Was at the game v Miami in the fog the year before that got us to the playoffs. 2-12 the year before and started the season 1-4 and made the playoffs over the 2 time champ. That remains the best game I’ve ever seen live.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was at that game. Ted Marchabroda tried to cling to a 3 point lead for 3 possessions which led to the overtimes. I hated the Steelers so rooted for the black and silver (of course not that day).

Went to the Pats game that finished the season and got us in. We were down 21-3 early in the 2nd half and came back to win.

Was at the game v Miami in the fog the year before that got us to the playoffs. 2-12 the year before and started the season 1-4 and made the playoffs over the 2 time champ. That remains the best game I’ve ever seen live.
I was listening to that game on the radio as it was blacked out due to not sellingbout 72 hours in advance. I was rooting for Stabler and the Black and Silver. Cool to be at both of those games.