• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Remember, Tyrod is from my area here in the 757 of VA. Been following that young man his entire football career since high school and Virginia Tech. Love the kid and how he plays. Sure, he's struggled but, it's good to see that other teams still believe in him enough to sign him. I want to see him do well!
I know! You've stuck with him since we drafted him...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Isn’t bethel at least good depth if he came super cheap? We have 3 starting corners and a nickel, the rest of our secondary is safeties or converts and Anthony averett. one more in case a guy goes down isn’t the worst thing we could do.

He wouldn’t be paid enough to be a risk of cancelling a comp would it?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Isn’t bethel at least good depth if he came super cheap? We have 3 starting corners and a nickel, the rest of our secondary is safeties or converts and Anthony averett. one more in case a guy goes down isn’t the worst thing we could do.

He wouldn’t be paid enough to be a risk of cancelling a comp would it?
Maybe Hill can get and stay healthy this year?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Im happy we signed earl cause if we wouldve gotten haha, i would have had probably gotten banned from this boards lol( not literally)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Baltimore Ravens‏t @Ravens
We have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with three-time Pro Bowl ST/CB Justin Bethel, pending the passing of a physical.

i think as it stands this gets us down to 1 comp pick - the 3rd rounder... because it cancels out unless it literally doesnt qualify as big enough - but given its a 2 year deal you'd think it would count against the formula

we now need 2 guys to get signed on anywhere to get the 4 and 5 back

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think as it stands this gets us down to 1 comp pick - the 3rd rounder... because it cancels out unless it literally doesnt qualify as big enough - but given its a 2 year deal you'd think it would count against the formula

we now need 2 guys to get signed on anywhere to get the 4 and 5 back
Buck Allen, Maxx and Urban will surely get signed, won't they?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Buck Allen, Maxx and Urban will surely get signed, won't they?

i have to think maxx and urban for sure - urban was an effective starting DE in a 3-4 on the number 1 defence in football in 2018, you'd think he'd land somewhere...

and maxx was a disappointment but you've got to think an organisation somewhere will look at him and think he's only 24 still, he's a great blocking TE and he has a 2nd round pedigree that he's not far removed from - you'd think he'd catch on somewhere

buck i think probably goes somewhere to try and win a spot as a special teamer but im not sure i see him getting a contract that will qualify

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i have to think maxx and urban for sure - urban was an effective starting DE in a 3-4 on the number 1 defence in football in 2018, you'd think he'd land somewhere...

and maxx was a disappointment but you've got to think an organisation somewhere will look at him and think he's only 24 still, he's a great blocking TE and he has a 2nd round pedigree that he's not far removed from - you'd think he'd catch on somewhere

buck i think probably goes somewhere to try and win a spot as a special teamer but im not sure i see him getting a contract that will qualify
Maxx is stlll considered a good blocker with a little upside as a receiver as well. I would think both urban and maxx get signed.