• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
ZDS was always a poor mans P.McPhee.

I'd take McPhee during his ravens/chicago tenure ( when healthy) over Za'darius anyday of the week.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i have to think maxx and urban for sure - urban was an effective starting DE in a 3-4 on the number 1 defence in football in 2018, you'd think he'd land somewhere...

and maxx was a disappointment but you've got to think an organisation somewhere will look at him and think he's only 24 still, he's a great blocking TE and he has a 2nd round pedigree that he's not far removed from - you'd think he'd catch on somewhere

buck i think probably goes somewhere to try and win a spot as a special teamer but im not sure i see him getting a contract that will qualify

I remember when we jumped the Steelers to draft Maxx. We all laughed and raves about it. How would y’all feel about this..

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dameshek...4?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think maxx is better than his numbers indicate. Honestly he’s a WEAPON with the ball in his hands, it just seems like getting the ball in his hands is the problem.
Even with Mark Andrews' impressive year last time I felt like a massive problem with this team was not consistently getting the ball to TEs during Marty's tenure. Which is a goddamn joke given that Flacco was a guy who loved his TE.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Even with Mark Andrews' impressive year last time I felt like a massive problem with this team was not consistently getting the ball to TEs during Marty's tenure. Which is a goddamn joke given that Flacco was a guy who loved his TE.
Agreed 100%. The way Andrews played last year he should’ve been pushing 800 yards, to me he was by far the best weapon we had, and he was used only sparingly until lamar took over and that’s not a coincidence, that happened because Roman took over also. Marty would rather force the ball by any means to brown and Crabtree

rossihunter2

Staff Member
haha i literally post that and see this:

could be complete nonsense given ive seen nothing else corroborating it and have no idea what the sources are:

"Update on Justin Houston: He is playing hardball with multiple teams. Steelers and Ravens both have rejected an offer by him but are still interested. Especially Ravens. He wants a lot of money. #Jets still in it, per source."

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

could be complete nonsense given ive seen nothing else corroborating it and have no idea what the sources are:

"Update on Justin Houston: He is playing hardball with multiple teams. Steelers and Ravens both have rejected an offer by him but are still interested. Especially Ravens. He wants a lot of money. #Jets still in it, per source."
How much money would you be willing to give him?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Houston at all? it's so quiet on the houston front - no visits, no rumblings, no rumours since the report of the jets interest about a week ago - literally nothing else since

its not even like he's coming off an injury or anything either...

All I've seen was few tweets by Steelers fans that amount to nothing more than wishful thinking at this stage.
That other bit about multiple interested teams and big asking price sounds believable.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Interesting. A couple days ago I saw something regarding the Steelers interest, but had no idea how they would afford him until Big Ben was extended.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All I've seen was few tweets by Steelers fans that amount to nothing more than wishful thinking at this stage.
That other bit about multiple interested teams and big asking price sounds believable.

yeah the steelers stuff looks like fan pining to me - not sure they've got enough cap space to even think about signing houston (plus bud dupree's salary just got guaranteed about a week ago)
the ravens would make sense and it was a bit odd that earl thomas's 2nd tweet about 3 hours after signing was at justin houston
the jets are the only team ive seen with confirmed interest but the last i heard about that was just after free agency opened - and they can offer him the most money of the 3 teams

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah the steelers stuff looks like fan pining to me - not sure they've got enough cap space to even think about signing houston (plus bud dupree's salary just got guaranteed about a week ago)
the ravens would make sense and it was a bit odd that earl thomas's 2nd tweet about 3 hours after signing was at justin houston
the jets are the only team ive seen with confirmed interest but the last i heard about that was just after free agency opened - and they can offer him the most money of the 3 teams
where did you here the interest from the Ravens. I haven't heard or seen that anywhere.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would pay maybe a little more than what Sizzle got - Houston is missing too many games over last few years.

Sizzle honestly got overpaid. Every Ravens pass rusher (especially ZDS) should be thankful to Wink for the overwhelming majority of their pressures because they were not winning 1 on 1s at all (except Pierce who stopped seeing them).

Wink schemed so many sacks and pressures that it made a bad pass rush look above average.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How much money would you be willing to give him?

he was making around 15m when he was cut and no team wanted to offer the chiefs anything for that contract

btw was just looking at edge rusher contracts and ZDS is now the 8th highest paid edge rusher in the league...

my guess is he wants to beat what someone like brandon graham got this offseason - like 13m/yr average albeit he's probably at his age and with his injury history way more interested in the guaranteed money over 2 years+

id imagine we'd be looking to give him around 9-12m per year over 3-4 years with the first 2 years guaranteed and only signing bonus and base salary in year 4 (maybe even year 3 too)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
he was making around 15m when he was cut and no team wanted to offer the chiefs anything for that contract

btw was just looking at edge rusher contracts and ZDS is now the 8th highest paid edge rusher in the league...

my guess is he wants to beat what someone like brandon graham got this offseason - like 13m/yr average albeit he's probably at his age and with his injury history way more interested in the guaranteed money over 2 years+

id imagine we'd be looking to give him around 9-12m per year over 3-4 years with the first 2 years guaranteed and only signing bonus and base salary in year 4 (maybe even year 3 too)
It still blows my mind thinking about how ZDS got paid so much. Crazy