• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pretty sure we'll trade back as the consensus seems to be that value is on day 2. The problem will be finding a partner

yep. I still think we'll struggle to find an impact rusher based on where we are picking( an all rounder).
I cant see bowser getting much better

i have higher hopes for tim williams if he gets his act together but i've learned the hard way with hype and ravens

Simba

Staff Member
Jeff Zrebiec 21m21 minutes ago
Top available free-agent pass rushers: Ezekiel Ansah, Nick Perry, Shane Ray, Adrian Clayborn and Aaron Lynch.

I'll just wait with these being the top options.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we actually sign any of those guys it'll be a bad sign imo. Would be a very 2013 ( minus doom) signing.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe we should just stay pat and roll with whatever we draft and the young guys and then own the FA market next year...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe we should just stay pat and roll with whatever we draft and the young guys and then own the FA market next year...

Yeah. I don’t really care about any FA signing right now.. wait til after the draft at this point

Simba

Staff Member
If I'm going to pick a FA, I'd probably take Cassius Marsh. He's still young, wouldn't count against comp picks, and at least looks to be a serviceable rotational piece. I wouldn't expect anything great, but he's more of a guy that only becomes a top option if the young guys fail. I wouldn't expect him to cost much, either.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I'm going to pick a FA, I'd probably take Cassius Marsh. He's still young, wouldn't count against comp picks, and at least looks to be a serviceable rotational piece. I wouldn't expect anything great, but he's more of a guy that only becomes a top option if the young guys fail. I wouldn't expect him to cost much, either.

nah..if the young guys fail we just tackle it in FA next year. If our pass rush fails, chances are we're looking at a top 10 pick anyway

Simba

Staff Member
nah..if the young guys fail we just tackle it in FA next year. If our pass rush fails, chances are we're looking at a top 10 pick anyway

To be clear, I'd rather just roll with the young guys. If you forced me to pick a FA though, I'll take Marsh over some of these old washed up dudes.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the one concern i have in our FA so far is that we've replaced on player ( albeit, an upgrade ) and added a RB and a special teamer.

Remember that the draft is a crapshoot and based on where we are picking, there is a reasonable chance that only 1 player becomes a stud while the rest are average to busts. We have really struggled to draft elite players. We've been reasonable with Solid players but there is a level above marlon humphrey and ronnie stanley and CJ that we havent been able to breach in any of our draft classes. You could say that MIchael pIerce is the gem of gems we've found in UDFA in many years. He is our best player on the D line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With Houston gone - I’d rather we just wait and hope guys like maxx/urban sign on elsewhere so we get those comp picks back and just wait til post-draft

The two biggest needs on this team: edge and wr have no real options to be addressed in free agency at this point now Houston's signed - would be fine with no more moves until after the comp pick cutoff

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty worried about our WR situation unless Eric has a plan in place. I'm praying we make a Boldin type of trade and still draft a WR in the 1st. We need to surround Lamar with TOO much talent.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This year ain't going to be a good year

but next year is a different equation altogether.

We'll have cap galore and more picks.

Josepho

Practice Squad
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty worried about our WR situation unless Eric has a plan in place. I'm praying we make a Boldin type of trade and still draft a WR in the 1st. We need to surround Lamar with TOO much talent.

Absolutely, this might be an even worse group than the 2017 receivers going into the season. Easily a bigger issue than any of the guys on defence leaving, who I all think have adequate replacements internally. At this rate I'd be surprised if our receiving yards leader was anyone other than Mark Andrews and I expect Hurst will be given plenty of opportunity to succeed next season.

I also highly doubt someone like Harry or Brown will come in and do anything of note in our system immediately.