• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's just so bald-faced - the cardinals today literally posted yet another affirmation by kliff kingsbury that josh rosen is their guy...

im fine with gms and coaches using coachspeak or not telling the whole truth or omitting information or being vague/ambiguous but im not fine with actual lies - it's why the giants OBJ trade was so crazy because the giants literally like a month earlier had come out and said he's not going to be traded

i get it that misinformation etc. is useful but straight up lying is also a dick move and likely means you're less likely to be believed the next time - also puts a shit ton of bad will into the heads of the people you misinformed... means the media's against you, doesnt believe you/second guesses everything you say, you dont get the benefit of the doubt etc.

really rubs me the wrong way and i think it does the nfl media too

The thing is the moment you say you are shopping a player, the value of that player drops dramatically (hi AB). Basically you need to deny that you are shopping players as it keeps the feeling that they are trying to buy him from you rather than you selling to them.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is the moment you say you are shopping a player, the value of that player drops dramatically (hi AB). Basically you need to deny that you are shopping players as it keeps the feeling that they are trying to buy him from you rather than you selling to them.

Very true. It may seem sleazy to us, as fans, to hear teams deny trade-talk about certain players when they're almost assuredly listening to offers, but they need to get the best value for their players. Definitely not as easy to do that if everyone knows that you're shopping a player around and that the player isn't a part of your future plans.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Former Raiders & Texans Punter Shane Lechler has announced his retirement. He last played in 2017 for the Texans and was cut by the team before the 2018 season.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs have acquired DE Emmanuel Ogbah from the Browns in exchange for S Eric Murray.
Interesting, earlier today rotoworld had a quick one on Ogbah not showing for voluntary workouts because he's expecting a trade. That happened quick.

They say the same about Duke Johnson.

Simba

Staff Member
Aaron Wilson 60m60 minutes ago
Former 49er Dexter McCoil worked out for the Ravens today per NFL source

Listed as a S, but have to think at 6'4 and 220, we were taking a look at him as a LBer.

Simba

Staff Member
That's not a terrible signing at all. He's a solid #3 WR. I'll take that right now.

Is it anything to throw a party about? No. At worst he's depth.

Agreed. I don't expect much, but I imagine this didn't cost much. He was cut and doesn't count against the comps. Furthermore, it's a WR that has actually played in an NFL game, so hey, that's an improvement over most on the roster currently lol