• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ryan Fitzpatrick's Beard Game is STRONG!

l5gEqalG

I wonder how many insect families live in that beard.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pass Rushers got paid this year, and Clay Matthews just got paid too. 2 year deal with the Rams.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo
Two-year deal for LB Clay Matthews with the #Rams worth a max of $16.75 million, source says. He had more lucrative offers on the table but he just welcomed his third child and really wanted to play close to home. Plus, a shot at another ring doesn’t hurt.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pass Rushers got paid this year, and Clay Matthews just got paid too. 2 year deal with the Rams.

Two-year deal for LB Clay Matthews with the #Rams worth a max of $16.75 million, source says. He had more lucrative offers on the table but he just welcomed his third child and really wanted to play close to home. Plus, a shot at another ring doesn’t hurt.

I’m assuming now that this is the low bar for Justin Houston

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

WTF? How much is Houston getting then?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m assuming now that this is the low bar for Justin Houston
So 10-11 for Houston sounds reasonable and I’d pay that in a heartbeat. Get a big upgrade over Our former top edge rusher, for 6m/year less than he was paid, and get a third round comp in the whole thing

Simba

Staff Member
That's a max for Matthews though - that obviously lends to the idea that there are incentives. Still, a nice deal for him, but I'd be surprised if he got $8M+ per year straight.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I suspect teams are offering Houston 8-10 and he wants 13 but I think I would be OK with us signing him for 11. I would be careful though because of the injuries but he is a good talent if he's on and he wouldn't cost a comp either; however, we have a lot of needs and pass rusher is a major hole. Granted, we have the secondary to compensate but that'll only hold up so long. We need edge bad and frankly we only have Judon, Williams, and Bowser and that's not a very confident group for me.

Simba

Staff Member
I suspect teams are offering Houston 8-10 and he wants 13 but I think I would be OK with us signing him for 11. I would be careful though because of the injuries but he is a good talent if he's on and he wouldn't cost a comp either; however, we have a lot of needs and pass rusher is a major hole. Granted, we have the secondary to compensate but that'll only hold up so long. We need edge bad and frankly we only have Judon, Williams, and Bowser and that's not a very confident group for me.

For sure. I think Judon is a solid player, but he can completely disappear for stretches. You know I love Bowser, and while I don't think they're using him correctly, he still needs to improve. Williams always flashes but keeps finding his way to the sidelines for one reason or another.

EDGE is a huge need, and I wouldn't be shocked if we invested in a decently high pick in addition to a vet FA.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We get more bang for buck with Houston than we could get literally from anywhere, no draft currency involved, including comps, gives us a pro bowl edge rusher which is a massive hole at a crucial position.

I would offer him 11 per but no more than 2 years and even throw another mil in if he turns it down. We can afford it and we need it badly

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
For sure. I think Judon is a solid player, but he can completely disappear for stretches. You know I love Bowser, and while I don't think they're using him correctly, he still needs to improve. Williams always flashes but keeps finding his way to the sidelines for one reason or another.

EDGE is a huge need, and I wouldn't be shocked if we invested in a decently high pick in addition to a vet FA.
We get more bang for buck with Houston than we could get literally from anywhere, no draft currency involved, including comps, gives us a pro bowl edge rusher which is a massive hole at a crucial position.

I would offer him 11 per but no more than 2 years and even throw another mil in if he turns it down. We can afford it and we need it badly
EDGE is my top need for the team--said it before FA and I'll say it after even if we get Houston. Frankly, we suck at drafting Edge players since we got Suggs kinda like we sucked at drafting ILB while we had Lewis. Bowser may be misused but I'm thinking its him because Wink and now Pees both had him and he hasn't gotten it done yet. That's making me think it's him. Williams is obviously not mature enough yet and he has issues of his own. Frankly, nobody scares me in that group not even Judon because, as stated, he disappears. Judon also has an attitude issue like Jernigan. I'm a Judon fan but hey call a spade a spade.

We absolutely need edge rushers. If we signed Houston tomorrow, I'd still pound the table for an edge guy. It's higher than WR and OL for me because it's a major hole. I think Bozeman could play C and I think we have dudes for LG with Lewis, Senat, and Hurst (I know people hate him, but he's not bad) and I'd even throw Skura at LG. I'd go IOL in the 3rd and tackle edge in the first if we could--even trade up to do it. Get an elite edge defender because the defense needs one.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
EDGE is my top need for the team--said it before FA and I'll say it after even if we get Houston. Frankly, we suck at drafting Edge players since we got Suggs kinda like we sucked at drafting ILB while we had Lewis. Bowser may be misused but I'm thinking its him because Wink and now Pees both had him and he hasn't gotten it done yet. That's making me think it's him. Williams is obviously not mature enough yet and he has issues of his own. Frankly, nobody scares me in that group not even Judon because, as stated, he disappears. Judon also has an attitude issue like Jernigan. I'm a Judon fan but hey call a spade a spade.

We absolutely need edge rushers. If we signed Houston tomorrow, I'd still pound the table for an edge guy. It's higher than WR and OL for me because it's a major hole. I think Bozeman could play C and I think we have dudes for LG with Lewis, Senat, and Hurst (I know people hate him, but he's not bad) and I'd even throw Skura at LG. I'd go IOL in the 3rd and tackle edge in the first if we could--even trade up to do it. Get an elite edge defender because the defense needs one.
I’d move up for Brian burns if he begins falling, like if we could offer a third to move up for him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d move up for Brian burns if he begins falling, like if we could offer a third to move up for him.
The ideal scenario for me would be trade up from our first round pick using our 4th round pick & giving up a 3rd round pick next year to move up a few spots. I don't think it would be that hard to do either. I would agree we may need to trade up, however, to get our guy.