• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
May I ask why didn't make a play for Jordan Hicks this year? I'm still not feeling so great about ILB area.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mccoy will visit with the Ravens on Tuesday per Rick Stroud.
I just heard! That’s awesome news and I will be stoked if something happens with that. I didn’t think it would happen but that would be amazing.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think it'll come down to the Browns offering him more money.
He prioritizes playing for a contender than making the most money. I highly doubt he leaves the Castle without signing with us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
bruh, adding earl thomas and gerald mccoy in a single offseason would be ridiculous. like yeah theyre on the back end, but still basically as good as theyve ever been(neither have had any kind of real decline) and surefire HOFers still playing at a high level at the 2 weakest points of our defense from last season. range at the safety position and interior pass rush, fixed just like that.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed Reeds greatest season was at 30. ( he also had an amazing 2010 season at age 32)

Trevor Pryce had his best season ever at 31

Thomas and potentially McCoy are in similar situations

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ed Reeds greatest season was at 30. ( he also had an amazing 2010 season at age 32)

Trevor Pryce had his best season ever at 31

Thomas and potentially McCoy are in similar situations
earl thomas very well might have his best season in 2019, the seahawks obviously had a legendary secondary, but im not sure he ever had the CBs in front of him that he has now, even down to the nickel and 4th/5th option we are stacked. he also might be getting a scheme thats even more beneficial to his skill set, QBs wont be dodging a 4 man rush and looking for soft spots in the zone, theyll be diagnosing how many rushers are coming through how many different gaps and trying to find the one guy that isnt locked down by our man coverage and that one guy will likely always have earl thomas lurking, like QBs will actually be forced to throw towards thomas if our corners live up to their reputation. and then mccoy... man i really think wink would unleash him in a way thats never happened before. these guys are both either in their primes, or just a year or so past their physical prime but more savvy than ever

JO_75

Hall of Famer
How does McCoy fit as a 3-4 DE? I mean I know Suh made it work in LA with the Rams and their defense but I'm curious of McCoy's ability to play in a 3-4.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How does McCoy fit as a 3-4 DE? I mean I know Suh made it work in LA with the Rams and their defense but I'm curious of McCoy's ability to play in a 3-4.
that doesnt matter, at all tbh. scheme fits need to stop being a thing, we screwed ourselves out of so much talent because we refused to draft/sign players if they didnt look like 2 gap types. and at this point it feels like a culture shift where we just say fuck it and pick up talented football players and let the scheme work itself out. Wink isnt dean pees, he doesnt have this concrete scheme that every player has to mold into or fuck off, Wink uses his talent, and uses it pretty well, puts guys in their best positions, schemes them to have success, etc.

there should be zero issue with whether or not mccoy can play 5tech, he is gonna be mostly a 3tech regardless, and will likely be on a rotation to keep him at 100% for his pass rush snaps, which he will be more than happy with, extending his career and making him some money by letting him play fresh on money downs.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
McCoy is a great leader on top of his ability on the field. I don't know where he would fit on the d-line though.

EDIT: He's a Sooner too? Boys I don't think he's leaving the castle.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
McCoy is a great leader on top of his ability on the field. I don't know where he would fit on the d-line though.

EDIT: He's a Sooner too? Boys I don't think he's leaving the castle.
A 3-4 DE as an interior rusher on passing downs. The same thing we did with Trevor Price back in the day.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
He prioritizes playing for a contender than making the most money. I highly doubt he leaves the Castle without signing with us.
I hope you're right. But then a couple of million bucks is a couple of million bucks man! Not everybody can be a Brady with Gisele's supplemental income streams!