• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is funny that the members of the Browns forums are saying that they are just glad McCoy is not a Ravens, because they are feeling like Adam Shefter’s tweet made it sound like Baltimore was ahead of them in McCoy’s final decision.

Here are the browns weak points

DT
RG
RT
LT
FS

Here is our weak points

C
LG
ILB

Here are our strong points

TE
RT
LT
RG
DE
DT
RB
FS
SS
CB

Here are browns strong points

QB
WR
RB
LG
DE/OLB
SS
CB

Here are our wild card points ( High potential but no certainties)

WR
OLB

Here are their wild card spots
TE
ILB

So

QB - Browns
RB- Tie
WR- Browns
TE- Ravens
OT- Ravens
OG-Ravens
C- Browns

FS- Ravens
SS- Ravens
ILB- Browns
Corners- Tie (browns with more upside though)
DT- Ravens
DE- Ravens
OLB- Browns

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really... I feel like we have a knack of getting players we wanted to draft.

yup. I remember when we were playing seatlle a few years back, in the prematch presser a reporter asked harbaugh about Wagner and he said '' we were going to draft him''

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chooses Money - Signs with The Browns

Wants To Win - Signs with Us

Wants Revenge - Signs with the Panthers.

He wanted revenge. Watch Cam's shoulder go all whack like Luck and the Panthers be nowhere near being a "contender".

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Outside of Baker and the WR group and OLB
how are the browns better than us?

They aren't miles ahead of us at RB. I have it as a tie

Possibly better at ILB but they havent got anything special there
Potentially better at corner but not by much.

Weaker O line by quite a margin
Weaker interior D line by a massive margin
Weaker safeties by a massive margin
Weaker at TE by quite a margin

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let's do this

Baker > Lamar

Nick Chubb > Mark Ingram
Kareem Hunt > Gus Edwards
Kenneth Dixon > Duke Johnson
Justice Hill > Dontell Hilliard

Mark Andrews > Njoku
Hayden Hurst > DeValve
NIck Boyle > Demetrius Harris

Odell Beckham jr > Marquise Brown
Jarvis Landry > Willie Snead
Antonio Calloway > Miles Boykin
Richard Higgins > Chris Moore

Ronnie Stanley > Greg Robinson
Joel Bitonio > Anyone we have at LG
JC Trettor> Matt Skura
Marshal Yanda > Austin Corbett
Orlando Brown jr > Chris Hubbard

Defense

Michael Pierce > L.Ogunjobi
Brandon Williams > Sheldon Richardson
Willie Henry > Chris Smith
Myles Garret> Matt Judon
Olivier Vernon > Shane Ray
Chris Wormley > Trevon Coley
Zach Sieler > Carl Davis
Pernell McPhee > Brian Price
Tim Williams > Gernard Avery ( calling it)

Joe Schobert > Patrick Onwusaor
Christian Kirksky > Kenny Young

Earl Thomas > Morgan Burnett
Tony Jefferson > Damarious Randell

Marlon Humphrey = Denzel Ward
Jimmy Smith > Greedy Williams
Tavon Young > Redwin Sheldrick

Special teams : Ravens

So let's tally

Ravens: 19

Browns : 13

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't even include daylon mack or gerald willis on the D line, Averrett or marshall or carr. We have more depth in the secondary. DeShon Elliot is also a guy i like a lot

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe Sieler,Mack,Willis are really talented.

I'd be more pissed if this were a gaurd or C that we missed out on. This i'm fine with as long as the browns didnt win

now..what do we do with this cap?
You hated the Mack pick.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm optimisitc because we have CAP and I believe if one of the 3 positions I've highlighted get's an upgrade we'll be as solid of a football team as can be. People will bring up the OLB position but i think there is substance here that's going to be unleashed because there is NO other choice. Cant just settle for the default ( unlike the LG position where hurst must have photos of harbaugh that he doesnt want to be shown public)

A1A

Veteran
Dude picking the Panthers shows he isnt to bright and maybe the rumors of him being soft etc are true. Whatever the case 1 year deal with hopes of getting a better deal at 32 and sign with a contender?? Yea good luck genius. Like I said thanks but no thanks we good and I'm glad we didnt bring him on and have our hungry players riding the bench for this "HOF" @ joey"flex"5 lol

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
i hated the pick because we didn't need him.

Mack = McCoy btw yea I know McCoy this and McCoy that dude ain't no leader and he sure ain't no game changer with his random 2 sack game every 3 games or so(5 of his 6 sacks came vs the bottom feeders). Skura and company stifled his ass and if I'm not mistaken they were still in the hunt. Idc what he did 3 years ago.

Last 5 games last year....10 tackles...yup that's it. 2 tackles a game from your HOF. Shit give me Suggs for another year if that's the case.

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would have loved to get McCoy on our team, but I can take solace in the fact that he chose the Panthers over the Browns. Props to Torrey Smith for taking a paycut and making this possible.

A1A

Veteran
Arians coming out saying that he didn't fit and that Suh came to win definitely fueled that signing.. lol Don probably said come in my office look at what the Bucs coach just said about you..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dude picking the Panthers shows he isnt to bright and maybe the rumors of him being soft etc are true. Whatever the case 1 year deal with hopes of getting a better deal at 32 and sign with a contender?? Yea good luck genius. Like I said thanks but no thanks we good and I'm glad we didnt bring him on and have our hungry players riding the bench for this "HOF" @ joey"flex"5 lol
First of all, just tag me, second idk what the quotes around flex is supposed to imply, and third why the constant hostility?