• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The report is McCoy took less money when signing with the Panthers than we offered him.

I thought he wanted to play for a contender? Panthers aren't really contenders this upcoming season are they?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most of their D linesman ( who are good) are into their 30's. Im not a fan of brian burns either. Vernon Butler has underwhlemed.

I cannot belive dontari poe is still only 28 :O feels like hes' been around forever.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The report is McCoy took less money when signing with the Panthers than we offered him.

I thought he wanted to play for a contender? Panthers aren't really contenders this upcoming season are they?

Then let's just be happy he didn't choose the best looking option which was the Browns.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Then let's just be happy he didn't choose the best looking option which was the Browns.
I agree with those who say that Kitchens isn’t going to be a good HC, but that team is too damn talented to fail this year, especially on the offensive side of the ball where Kitchens has 100% jurisdiction. Let’s be happy nothing happened.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with those who say that Kitchens isn’t going to be a good HC, but that team is too damn talented to fail this year, especially on the offensive side of the ball where Kitchens has 100% jurisdiction. Let’s be happy nothing happened.

their O line is very suspect.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
apparantly we were pretty much his choice until the panthers wowed him

wowed him? with 8.5 m and a poor roster?

This is about revenge on his former team.

I mean his reasoning was apparently he loved the panthers’s chemistry and had dinner with their team captains etc. Not sure how that could be an actual reason given the way our organisation works and has always worked and especially the way our defence was rebuilt around chemistry

I wonder if he didn’t actually get offered more by us and just has put that out there for the image that gives off

The decision by him is strange unless he really doesn’t like the bucs or the panthers offered him as much (or more money) than everyone else despite reports otherwise

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I mean his reasoning was apparently he loved the panthers’s chemistry and had dinner with their team captains etc. Not sure how that could be an actual reason given the way our organisation works and has always worked and especially the way our defence was rebuilt around chemistry

I wonder if he didn’t actually get offered more by us and just has put that out there for the image that gives off

The decision by him is strange unless he really doesn’t like the bucs or the panthers offered him as much (or more money) than everyone else despite reports otherwise
The more I read between the lines, I get a gut feeling it was not about the money, being on a better team, or revenge. I think he may like the South. I just think he was not feeling Cleveland or Baltimore and probably was thinking he did not really want to play in the brutal AFC North with the physicality and cold temps. The more I think about it, I think he did us a favor by not signing here. If his heart was not into playing our schedule, we really are better off with our young guys and saving the cap. We may have dodged a bullet.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Although McCoy is still a very good player, I'm glad he chose the Panthers. I would have supported the signing, but didn't think it was necessary.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe Biscoitti talking about barbeque chicken and haloti talking about royal farms and us probably taking him to a non vegan restaurant was enough to sway him to carolina

Suggs is a vegetarian but he gone :(

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe Biscoitti talking about barbeque chicken and haloti talking about royal farms and us probably taking him to a non vegan restaurant was enough to sway him to carolina

Problem is is that NC is famous for their delicious...……...vinagery……….bbq.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Suggs is a vegetarian too? Wtf is wrong with these people....BBQ IS AMAZING

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Been in MD my whole life and I eat bbq that way. Stubbs sweet heat, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, and a shitload of apple cider vinegar.

Not to go off topic but I smoked a couple racks on Monday and went half and half with McCormicks bacon/chipotle seasoning and brown sugar and when I wrapped went with Guy Fieri's #6 Carolina sauce and gave it another layer after I unwrapped. Man that shit was good and surprizingly not too spicy. I usually go with vinager on pork shoulder.