• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We're projected to have about $37m in cap space in 2019.
That's going to limit us in Free Agency, and we still have to re-sign Mosely.
That’s before trading or cutting Flacco and that saves us 10.5m

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We're projected to have about $37m in cap space in 2019.
That's going to limit us in Free Agency, and we still have to re-sign Mosely.

That’d be the 18th most cap space in the league before we even add in cuts and trades or whatever and is tonnes more than we’ve had as a franchise for a long long time

I’m not sure who we spend it on but I think we’re gonna see a splash of some kind in free agency (although it might be taking care of our guys...)

GG.exe

Practice Squad
True, I forgot to mention Flacco/etc.

So, also Terrell Suggs and John Brown become unrestricted FAs, so that would free up another $10m (approx)

GG.exe

Practice Squad
Yep, use it all the time. This and overthecap are good sites.
So, we could have about $58m in space with flacco, suggs, brown released ? if I'm reading it right, and perhaps a little more with other moves of fringe players.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So, we could have about $58m in space with flacco, suggs, brown released ? if I'm reading it right, and perhaps a little more with other moves of fringe players.
Suggs isn’t under contract next yr and neither is Brown.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Suggs is getting another contract if he wants it.
I really dont see a situation where tsizzle is not a Raven he will either choose to retire which I dont think he will or he will play for a cheap price.... and its not like he isnt producing he is worth a little bit of money

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Here's a great site that details contracts/caps....can potentially work out what we do to free up space....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/cap/2019/

Use it a lot, it's a good study guide for the Forum Mock on which teams you want to control. I think the extra cap should be used to keep the current guys we have. I reckon Mosley will get the Tag and looking at Over The Cap, that's $14.9M to tag him at Linebacker. Also interestingly we got several key RFAs in Michael Pierce, Alex Collins, Patrick Onwuasor which could require the second round tender to keep them. With Gus Edwards, I doubt we tender Collins anything but original round. OTC currently projects the second round tender at $3,100,000 so assuming 2 of those three get it that's $6,200,000 toward Pierce and Onwuasor. Even then, after releasing Joe and Jimmy(thinking he'll be gone with the depth we have in our secondary) we would still have a good amount. Maybe ask Jefferson if he'll take a pay cut to stay at his current $12M cap hit and if not make a run at Landon Collins or Joyner.

Only thing I know is this is the right time to have cap space, Lamar is on his rookie contract and we have a window to win another Super Bowl before having to pay a even higher QB contract than we did with Joe but with Lamar.

GG.exe

Practice Squad
Only thing I know is this is the right time to have cap space, Lamar is on his rookie contract and we have a window to win another Super Bowl before having to pay a even higher QB contract than we did with Joe but with Lamar.
This is very true. I actually think we'll win it (or go very close to) this season (fingers crossed vs Browns first of course). There's a sense of "destiny" with this current situation we're in, and the two times we won it there was a similar sense of "destiny" around us. Touch wood.

But yeah, as to your point....we're in a very good situation cap-wise, window-wise, and Lamar-wise (rookie contract). We can certainly strengthen the D up even more with some key FAs, the area we have to upgrade at is WR tho, we can do that in the draft as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Antonio Brown was reportedly benched in week 17 and not injured.

I have this strange feeling his ass is done in Pittsburgh, knowing the kinda player he is nothing would make him happier than getting to play Pittsburgh twice a year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I have this strange feeling his ass is done in Pittsburgh, knowing the kinda player he is nothing would make him happier than getting to play Pittsburgh twice a year.
He can do that in CLE or CIN

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

He’s such a drama queen and a perfect fit for that drama queen of an organization

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I like to see them try get rid of him. They won't do shit with him. Let's see how well their O performs without one of the best WRs in the game.