• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who is it then...
Megatron, easily. And Julio as well. Julio is and always has been better than AB and it took Julio’s absolute dog shit coordinator to make AB look better for one single season.

And I’d take Hop now over AB but he hasn’t been doin it long enough.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Megatron, easily. And Julio as well. Julio is and always has been better than AB and it took Julio’s absolute dog shit coordinator to make AB look better for one single season.

And I’d take Hop now over AB but he hasn’t been doin it long enough.
Ok you got me on megatron, he’s been retired so long I forgot about him. And hop just took over last year.

And I can’t give it to Julio, even before sarkisian he’s struggled to find the endzone. AB has been more consistently dominant to me as he’s dominated in every department, by far the best route runner, he can eat you alive on any route, he can catch covered or uncovered, he’s deadly on screens and YAC in general, I just think he’s all around better. I’d take Julio over him because I think Julio would be a better fit whether it’s joe or Lamar, but both in a system that maximizes them to the fullest, I have faith that AB would be the better wr 9 times outta 10

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok you got me on megatron, he’s been retired so long I forgot about him. And hop just took over last year.

And I can’t give it to Julio, even before sarkisian he’s struggled to find the endzone. AB has been more consistently dominant to me as he’s dominated in every department, by far the best route runner, he can eat you alive on any route, he can catch covered or uncovered, he’s deadly on screens and YAC in general, I just think he’s all around better. I’d take Julio over him because I think Julio would be a better fit whether it’s joe or Lamar, but both in a system that maximizes them to the fullest, I have faith that AB would be the better wr 9 times outta 10
You’re crazy man

He does not “struggle” to find the endzone. That’s a casual fan statement. Besides last year he was fine in the TD department. AB catches considerably more balls every year, but he’s not a huge big play threat guy. Not compared to Julio at least. He has big plays but he averages like 12 ypc. That’s weak shit. Julio wipes the floor with him in yards per catch. You just named things that Julio is fucking amazing at, none of what you said makes AB better. The Steelers are just better about getting AB the ball. If Julio was on the Steelers with Ben he’d probably be the unanimous best wr ever lol. Julio is just a freak of nature and id take him over AB all day every day. He’s just a step below megatron. The funny thing is that AB is already in a system that Maximizes him to the fullest. Julio isn’t and is still out performing him. That tells you all you need to know.

And hop took over 3 years ago, not last year. He started on the upswing 4 years ago. 2016 was great for the shit QBs he had but that’s not his fault. But that’s not relevant as I said, he hasn’t been doing it long enough to be considered best of the generation anyway.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
New report says Dolphins expected to cut Andre Branch, Devante Parker and Robert Quinn.

I'd take a shot at Quinn.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
New report says Dolphins expected to cut Andre Branch, Devante Parker and Robert Quinn.

I'd take a shot at Quinn.
I’d consider Parker depending on the deal and stuff. Anyone know if Lamar ever worked with Parker at all? I am not sure when Lamar started at Louisville but I imagine they didn’t play together but that would be cool if they had some chemistry

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’d consider Parker depending on the deal and stuff. Anyone know if Lamar ever worked with Parker at all? I am not sure when Lamar started at Louisville but I imagine they didn’t play together but that would be cool if they had some chemistry
I think Lamar started a year after Davante left

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You’re crazy man

He does not “struggle” to find the endzone. That’s a casual fan statement. Besides last year he was fine in the TD department. AB catches considerably more balls every year, but he’s not a huge big play threat guy. Not compared to Julio at least. He has big plays but he averages like 12 ypc. That’s weak shit. Julio wipes the floor with him in yards per catch. You just named things that Julio is fucking amazing at, none of what you said makes AB better. The Steelers are just better about getting AB the ball. If Julio was on the Steelers with Ben he’d probably be the unanimous best wr ever lol. Julio is just a freak of nature and id take him over AB all day every day. He’s just a step below megatron. The funny thing is that AB is already in a system that Maximizes him to the fullest. Julio isn’t and is still out performing him. That tells you all you need to know.

And hop took over 3 years ago, not last year. He started on the upswing 4 years ago. 2016 was great for the shit QBs he had but that’s not his fault. But that’s not relevant as I said, he hasn’t been doing it long enough to be considered best of the generation anyway.
I agree with you, that Julio is the better receiver. He may not have him in stats, but as you said, if he was on the Steelers he would be doing just as well if not better and he isn’t a drama queen. I do believe Hopkins is the best receiver in the league now and has been the last couple years.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you, that Julio is the better receiver. He may not have him in stats, but as you said, if he was on the Steelers he would be doing just as well if not better and he isn’t a drama queen. I do believe Hopkins is the best receiver in the league now and has been the last couple years.
Hopkins hasn't had a drop so far this season. that's just insane.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Parker is in the same position Perriman was. He REALLY needs a change of scenery. Some team will pick him up on a cheap prove it deal and they won’t be sorry they did.

When it comes to us picking up FA WRs I am afraid there could be some apprehension for a guy trying to prove himself on a short term deal when they look at our passing stats under Lamar. It will be hard to a imagine a WR seeing our offense as being s good place to showcase their skills.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
When it comes to us picking up FA WRs I am afraid there could be some apprehension for a guy trying to prove himself on a short term deal when they look at our passing stats under Lamar. It will be hard to a imagine a WR seeing our offense as being s good place to showcase their skills.
And I wouldn’t want to come here either. That could very well end up a problem.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Drama is the reason the Steelers are watching the playoffs. Lets keep players who bring that with them out of Baltimore.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Parker is in the same position Perriman was. He REALLY needs a change of scenery. Some team will pick him up on a cheap prove it deal and they won’t be sorry they did.
I agree. Believe he would be much better off someplace else.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I agree. Believe he would be much better off someplace else.
I wouldn't mind Parker at all......until I typed in his name on Twitter just to read the comments from any headlines regarding him. Needless to say, Dolphins fans are not high on Parker..

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind Parker at all......until I typed in his name on Twitter just to read the comments from any headlines regarding him. Needless to say, Dolphins fans are not high on Parker..
I think he missed more games than he played in due to injuries. That's a big knock on him.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m willing to take a chance on Parker. A big bodied WR is what we need for Lamar. The baggage and injury scares me though, but if he goes for cheap. Why not.