• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ehhhh I'd rather have hops
Hops better right now, but basically since like 2011 AB has been overall the best receiver in the league and nobody has really challenged his status there until the turmoil with the Steelers started.

I also am not entirely sure that the antics is all an AB thing, the Steelers are disfunctional in general. I may be wrong on my thoughts on Le’Veon bells character, because bell, brown, Ben, every big producer on that team aside from juju is a headcase and it’s just way too prevalent in Pittsburgh for me to believe it’s anything other than a cancerous environment.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Addressed this above. I’m pinning it on a cancerous environment under mike tomlin, the whole team is in disarray
Right but Harbaugh isnt the kind of guy to let guys like that stay. Hes been known for shipping guys out who wont buy into the team idea and constant hustle. Besides the lack of targets Brown will get here will probably dis interest him. Hes already past the point of no return.

Leonard Fournette however....i might take a chance on him. Just wouldnt invest a lot into him

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind bringing AB in and giving Harbs a chance to fix him. If it really is the environment, it shouldn't be a problem. Assuming Brown is cut.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Right but Harbaugh isnt the kind of guy to let guys like that stay. Hes been known for shipping guys out who wont buy into the team idea and constant hustle. Besides the lack of targets Brown will get here will probably dis interest him. Hes already past the point of no return.

Leonard Fournette however....i might take a chance on him. Just wouldnt invest a lot into him
The point about targets is legit and it’s a worry I have for any free agent, but if it’s an environment thing then harbaugh won’t need to ship him out.

A lot of people around here write off what a change of scenery can do for a lost/frustrated player in a shit situation, hell just look at perriman.

As far as fournette, he had rumors about this kind of attitude and lack of work ethic at LSU, this doesn’t seem like an environment thing, seems like he just stops giving a fuck when the going gets tough or when too much is asked of him, however... if that can be done with minimal investment then goddamn it’s worth the risk. I’d give a third for him even though I was never a big fournette fan and I’m very iffy on his character, the fit is just too perfect to not really wanna see it in action. Not to mention a system like this could really get his wheels turning and light a spark in him.

If we could trade joe flat out for fournette, my god id be LIT.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll go on record saying there’s no way the Steelers cut Antonio Brown and there’s no way he [Brown] comes to play here. You may as well listen to Dream On than think that. If the Steelers proved anything it’s that they don’t care if you want out or not.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
The one guy that has a very ravenesque style of play for a 3-4 OLB is Trey Flowers.

He's great vs the Run and the pass.

We need

- Trey Flowers
- Ronald Darby
- Ha Ha Clinton Dix

WR Cut

1-2 year deal ( DeVante Parker? )
Resign- John Brown 2 year deal.

( I like Bozeman and think he can be our C )

R.Stanley, Draft Pick , B.Bozeman, M.Yanda. O.Brown Jr

Re-Sign
Mosely ( just for chemistry than VFM)

Tender : M.Pierce

1 year deal for Boyle or Maxx

Draft

OG
OL/DE Rusher
WR
WR

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Too expensive and too old with too many carries for me

Yea. We're finally going to start shedding cap. Draft a guy. Pretty sure he goes to the Colts anyway. Would be a great pairing with Luck and they have the cap.

If we are investing FA money into positions, it would be wise to use in order C, WR, S or pass rushing DL. The rest of our needs we're more than capable of drafting.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He really doesnt fit our team chemistry. Wouldnt wanna bring him in either. Hes all about himself and not the team
All of them are. I couldn't believe when I heard fucking no-name, nothing player Switzer post game vs us saying the same to press.

I posted that in a "good, bad....." thread after that game already - word for word (after being asked to comment on a game):

"I am doing my best to make name for myself..."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol, AB doesn't exactly have the smallest part in creating the toxic culture in that cesspool
Obviously, but a toxic player in a toxic culture breeds toxicity on both ends, the culture of the Steelers locker room could be making shit way worse.

Taking a player like AB who has only known the toxicity of the Steelers, and putting him in the least toxic locker room in the nfl, could have a huge impact on him, let him contend for a title with a team who’s all about brotherhood and handling business

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Obviously, but a toxic player in a toxic culture breeds toxicity on both ends, the culture of the Steelers locker room could be making shit way worse.

Taking a player like AB who has only known the toxicity of the Steelers, and putting him in the least toxic locker room in the nfl, could have a huge impact on him, let him contend for a title with a team who’s all about brotherhood and handling business
Maybe. It's a moot point though. Both you and I know it's never going to happen.
Not enough room for helicopter to land at the start of training camp.