• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Let him go Eric! Do not break the bank for one player and screw up the entire team in the process.
I still don’t wanna sign him for 15m but if he would take 14m which is .5 a year more than kwon, then I’d be ok. Weddle Mosley and Suggs gone in one year basically guarantees our defense which lacks a pass rush, falls into the bottom half.

Our defense succeeded because of the smarts of these guys. It’s not like we had to win in spite of their lack of athleticism, they engineered the whole show.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still don’t wanna sign him for 15m but if he would take 14m which is .5 a year more than kwon, then I’d be ok. Weddle Mosley and Suggs gone in one year basically guarantees our defense which lacks a pass rush, falls into the bottom half.

Our defense succeeded because of the smarts of these guys. It’s not like we had to win in spite of their lack of athleticism, they engineered the whole show.

Is there really a difference between 15 and 14 really that makes it worth going from top ranked defense to middle of road?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is there really a difference between 15 and 14 really that makes it worth going from top ranked defense to middle of road?
Is there really a difference between 15 and 16? How bout 16 and 17? How about when the next player you need to re sign uses Mosley as a benchmark for their contract? You HAVE to draw a line somewhere and stick firm to it, if the original line was 13/13.5, then the bottom line needs to be 14. 15 simply is too much for cj Mosley, and when you start overpaying guys that below average chunk of cap space disappears quickly.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there really a difference between 15 and 16? How bout 16 and 17? How about when the next player you need to re sign uses Mosley as a benchmark for their contract? You HAVE to draw a line somewhere and stick firm to it, if the original line was 13/13.5, then the bottom line needs to be 14. 15 simply is too much for cj Mosley, and when you start overpaying guys that below average chunk of cap space disappears quickly.

The next ILB who uses Mosley as a benchmark is REALLY not the Ravens problem (and it'll next season when the NFLs best probably gets 18m).

Contracts are on a position by position and if difference between offers is less than 1m per year and that difference determines whether you are a SB contender or mediocre, you close the gap and get it done.

It might make things harder in 3-4 years but if you get this deal done you are a SB contender now. Why give up being a contender now to MAYBE be one in 4 years?

Maybe overall the team is net better but to me I'd rather be the team 13-3 one year going for the SB (then 3-13 after) then the 9-7 team every year being "smart"

The next ILB who uses Mosley as a benchmark is REALLY not the Ravens problem (and it'll next season when the NFLs best probably gets 18m).

Contracts are on a position by position and if difference between offers is less than 1m per year and that difference determines whether you are a SB contender or mediocre, you close the gap and get it done.

It might make things harder in 3-4 years but if you get this deal done you are a SB contender now. Why give up being a contender now to MAYBE be one in 4 years?

Maybe overall the team is net better but to me I'd rather be the team 13-3 one year going for the SB (then 3-13 after) then the 9-7 team every year being "smart"
We aren’t a contender now though, in tired of being an 8-10 win team at best and tired of band aid veteran signings, time to get younger and faster and actually give our fucking QB some weapons and maybe get an elite passrusher

Tank

Hall of Famer
He’s extrenely physical wtf kinda question is this? He’s up there among the most physical in the league with aqib talib and Ramsey
lol...sure. He bodies up in coverage but he's definitely not physical in the sense of being a tackler. In fact he often looks like he's writhing in pain after a "tackle".

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We aren’t a contender now though, in tired of being an 8-10 win team at best and tired of band aid veteran signings, time to get younger and faster and actually give our fucking QB some weapons and maybe get an elite passrusher

They won the North. They were a real C from beating the Chargers in playoffs, a real C (or maybe G) from beating KC (not why they lost but he certainly didn't help), and the Ravens always play NE tight.

They are a contender. Of the 4 teams mentioned they are the only one that could be BETTER this year, but only if they get Mosley, replace Weddle and find a C. They do that they are the favorite to rep the AFC, but without Mosley the defense that will define that doesn't work.